Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if it was posted here, but there's aggregation work being done in Texas right now to basically become a utility and mobilize interconnected Powerwall and Megapacks for profit. Imagine the opportunity there.
Here’s the link.

Hah, "NOTE: Brand is not rank eligible because it does not meet study award criteria."

Translated: "Tesla is not rank eligible because it does not pay J.D. Power advertising revenue." :p
J.D. Power Releases Results of 2021 APEAL Study

Excerpt:

Tesla’s score earned an impressive but unofficial score. Tesla does not grant J.D. Power permission to survey its owners in 15 states where it is required. Owners in 35 other states were surveyed, resulting in an unofficial score of 893 for the brand—three points lower than last year but higher than any other brand.

That's the point, they buried the fact that Tesla ranks highest of all brands based on their survey/methodology.

I think that Tesla doesn't allow them to gather data on their customers in states that restrict that data without the OEM's permission, or something like that.

So, J.D. Powers is powerless to invade those customer's privacy and include them in their surveys.

What this means is that Tesla has the winning score based on data gathered from fewer states than all the rest.

IIRC YMMV etc.

Edit: Ninja'd by Curt :)

Last edited:
This thread was created this morning and not one comment on it and only viewed 30 times. I also haven't seen this article posted in here all day either. This is why I can't stand the "move the topic to another thread" because most people don't go looking for individual thread topics.

I think this is pretty important...which is why this thread should always be an all-in-one information thread.

and here is the actual paper:

Li[Ni0.5Mn0.3Co0.2]O2 as a Superior Alternative to LiFePO4 for Long-Lived Low Voltage Li-Ion Cells

What I notice is TSLA went up the same % as QQQ yesterday, but is down about 3X the QQQ's % today.
It all averages out, you see on the up day, TSLA beta was about 0.5, on the down day it is about 3.5.
The average beta: (0.5+3.5)/2 = 2.0 -- BINGO!

ps: or with your numbers (1+3)/2=2 also works

/s