Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These ex-Tesla developers are gonna make a killing over the next 20 years, jumping around from startup to megacap to startup. Put in your 5 years at Tesla til you crack, then going into "retirement" and make even more money!

"The departure from Apple continues a string of high-profile changes to its car project. Over the last two years, nearly the entire Apple Car management team has left."

Mumble, mumble Apple Car mumble…

Based on past performance, i think it is about time someone gets a colonoscopy
kermit-wat.gif

An Accountant walks into a TMC Thread . . . . . .and He's Forever Grateful
In early 2019, I knew very little about Tesla. I could not have told you the difference between a Models S and a Model X and I was not even aware Tesla had launched the Model 3. That didn't stop me from swing trading TSLA which was very profitable for me in 2018.
By May 2019, my $200k investment (foolish . . I know) was worth about $110k. Almost a 50% drop.
I said to myself, "What's going on with this company?" So I did some research. And here is what I found:
- Tesla loses money on every car they sell.​
- They will run out of money and go bankrupt​
- If they don't go bankrupt, they will need multiple capital raises and the stock will be diluted​
- The competition is arriving and the story is over for Tesla​
- Their cars are poorly built and catch fire.​
- They will never reach manufacturing scale.​
- On May 21, Adam Jonas of Morgan Stanley said that worse case the stock goes to $10 ($2 post split)​
I was resigned to sell my TSLA stock and preserve my capital from going to $0 . . .
. . . ., but then, I accidentally stumbled upon TMC's Investor Thread. I had never seen anything like it.
I read and read for hours across several days. I knew the members may be biased TSLA Bulls but their thinking and opinions were well formed with experts from many fields. I lurked for weeks and weeks until the lightbulb went on: TSLA is a once in a generation investment.
I signed up as a TMC member in Aug 2019 and by year end I had increased my investment at an average share price of $54.

We're down 50% from ATH. It feels like 2019 again. I know that the macro environment is different today but Tesla's long term prospects are stronger today than when I first invested in 2019. I feel safer investing at $630 today than $54 in 2019 when Tesla still had much to prove.

To the lurker reading this post: Keep reading and maybe you will be writing this post in 3 years time. 😁
Only correction is that it is spelled "Bankwupt". Cheers to Longs.

NVDA earnings at or slightly above expectation, guidance weaker than expected. Market will likely freak for a bit... don't see a real reason for the freakout right now.
Man -10% used to be reserved for huge misses...now its for minor miss. -30% is the new -10% wtf. A few more earning seasons and the market will be zero.

NVDA will be green tomorrow. Increasing buy back, good numbers, fundamentally good stock...

Man -10% used to be reserved for huge misses...now its for minor miss. -30% is the new -10% wtf. A few more earning seasons and the market will be zero.

What's funny is it was a beat. They just said Q2 revs will be slightly down.

New SEC filing from Musk:

On May 24, 2022, the Reporting Person allowed the remainder of the margin loan commitments contemplated by the Margin Loan Commitment Letter to expire, at which time the Margin Loan Commitment Letter and the commitments thereunder terminated. Concurrently with the foregoing, the Reporting Person committed to provide an additional $6.25 billion in equity financing to fund a portion of the Merger Consideration by amending and restating the Amended Equity Commitment Letter, dated as of May 4, 2022, to increase the aggregate principle amount of the equity commitment thereunder to $33.5 billion (the “May 24 Equity Commitment Letter”).

The Reporting Person (on behalf of himself and Parent) is seeking and the Reporting Person (directly or indirectly through Parent) may receive additional financing commitments to fund portions of the total Merger Consideration, which commitments, subject to the terms of the Merger Agreement and the May 24 Equity Commitment Letter, may replace portions of the financing commitments previously reported by the Reporting Person in connection with the Merger Agreement and the Merger contemplated thereby, including portions of the Reporting Person’s May 24 Equity Commitment Letter described herein. In addition, the Reporting Person (on behalf of himself and Parent) is having, and will continue to have, discussions with certain existing holders of Common Stock (including Jack Dorsey) regarding the possibility of contributing such shares of Common Stock to Parent, at or immediately prior to the closing of the Merger, in order to retain an equity investment in Parent or Twitter following completion of the Merger in lieu of receiving Merger Consideration in the Merger. Subject to the terms of the Merger Agreement and the May 24 Equity Commitment Letter, any such contribution commitments may replace portions of the financing commitments previously reported by the Reporting Person in connection with the Merger Agreement and the Merger contemplated thereby, including portions of the Reporting Person’s May 24 Equity Commitment Letter described herein.