Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming he has enough investors to get the additional 6 billion, this should be a very good thing for the stock price. If he can't secure the funding from others, he will have to come up with the money somewhere and I'm not sure how much spare change he has under his couch cushions but I'd suspect he would have to sell some more TSLA. I'm really hoping he's got investors lined up.

Dorsey has about 1B in equity at the accepted sales price, if my quick math is right. If he can bring him and other large shareholders on board (Saudi wealth fund), he may not have to go look for many new investors.

Odds of him selling more TSLA shares is going lower and lower.

And the above doesn't even account for a discounted price on TWTR, which may happen and wipe out the need for additional financing.

Dorsey has about 1B in equity at the accepted sales price, if my quick math is right. If he can bring him and other large shareholders on board (Saudi wealth fund), he may not have to go look for many new investors.

Odds of him selling more TSLA shares is going lower and lower.

And the above doesn't even account for a discounted price on TWTR, which may happen and wipe out the need for additional financing.

From the filing:

"In addition, the Reporting Person (on behalf of himself and Parent) is having, and will continue to have, discussions with certain existing holders of Common Stock (including Jack Dorsey) regarding the possibility of contributing such shares of Common Stock to Parent, at or immediately prior to the closing of the Merger, in order to retain an equity investment in Parent or Twitter following completion of the Merger in lieu of receiving Merger Consideration in the Merger."

He's definitely trying to line up other investors.

From the filing:

"In addition, the Reporting Person (on behalf of himself and Parent) is having, and will continue to have, discussions with certain existing holders of Common Stock (including Jack Dorsey) regarding the possibility of contributing such shares of Common Stock to Parent, at or immediately prior to the closing of the Merger, in order to retain an equity investment in Parent or Twitter following completion of the Merger in lieu of receiving Merger Consideration in the Merger."

He's definitely trying to line up other investors.
Yes, finally that is the rational response to a business purchase-- find out if what you are getting in accounts receivable etc are really there, and then negotiate a better deal for yourself. Whatever the market and NPR spins it as-- trust me they tried last week and wrote them a response. Just like it is rational to sell FSD M3 performance and MY and plaid over other models.

WSJ previously stated that damages are capped at a billion.

So yeah, technically, he can't just walk away for any reason as all the articles are claiming lately, because he could be sued, but the damages for the lawsuit are capped at the breakup fee of a billion. He can walk away any time wants for a bill.

He got a bill to walk away. He won't. He will just shave off minimum 10% on the price. Probably 15%. My take.

Tesla officially applied for permit to expand Giga Berlin.

You are missing this:
Musk just has to come up with the $$$. It doesn't necessarily have to be HIS money. He can show up with a group of investors. That's what he's been working to since he already found 12B from these individuals, and is probably working to move that higher to cut down on (non-margin) loans that he has lined up.

Honestly, it's nothing surprising, and it's why TSLA shares after hours have not budged much (small blip down I attribute to NVDA).
Fud

WSJ previously stated that damages are capped at a billion.

So yeah, technically, he can't just walk away for any reason as all the articles are claiming lately, because he could be sued, but the damages for the lawsuit are capped at the breakup fee of a billion. He can walk away any time wants for a bill.

He got a bill to walk away. He won't. He will just shave off minimum 10% on the price. Probably 15%. My take.

I don't think that he can just walk away (absent other issues with the deal), but that is a topic for a different thread.

The filing calls out specific ways the deal can be canceled, and specific ways the deal can end that require a $1B payment. It also calls out additional penalties for non-performance.

DEFA14A
Delaying not valid:
the merger has not been consummated by 5:00 p.m., Pacific time, on October 24, 2022 (as such date may be extended pursuant to the terms of this provision, which we refer to as the “termination date”), except that (1) a party may not terminate the merger agreement pursuant to this provision if such party’s failure to perform or comply with any of its obligations under the merger agreement has been the principal cause of, or resulted in, the failure to consummate the merger by the termination date,

Additional penalties beyond the $1B:
In addition, Twitter is entitled to obtain specific performance or other equitable relief to enforce Parent’s and Acquisition Sub’s obligations to cause Mr. Musk to fund the equity financing, or to enforce Mr. Musk’s obligation to fund the equity financing directly, and to consummate the closing of the merger, if certain conditions are satisfied, including the funding or availability of the debt financing.

I don't think that he can just walk away (absent other issues with the deal), but that is a topic for a different thread.

The filing calls out specific ways the deal can be canceled, and specific ways the deal can end that require a $1B payment. It also calls out additional penalties for non-performance.

DEFA14A
Delaying not valid:

Calling it #dealhappeningsweetheart

DEFA14A
Delaying not valid:

Wait. So we might have to put up with this nonsense until OCTOBER 24TH?

I used to work for Bill at MS and I'm also a 'wait and see' person as well as a 'time will tell' person.

So I'm looking for the next Bill quote or interview where he can talk about these documents.

This is big for Tesla whatever way the chips fall.
It's Breitbart. You know that means it's just lies and misdirection. In this case, so far as I can see from the short glance I gave it, Bill Gates contributed to a wide variety of liberal charities. There was, independently, a stupid petition about a Twitter advertising boycott that a bunch of progressive organizations signed onto. These overlap to some degree and Breitbart is blathering about it like it means something.

Just random stupidity. It's Breitbart.

The only thing to be concerned about is that Elon is retweeting crap like this as though he believes it.

Regarding Giga Berlin extension:
The primary factory extension will be north of the first quadrant (car production) and a half (drive unit and battery cell building). This is already industrial zone, just like the first two quadrants. Hopefully the permitting will be a bit faster (no changes in plans while being processed), but I'd guess it would take about 18 months till car production.

This new land is to the east (east of the red border line and surrounded by the streets), and not industrial zone. The major said that it will take a year to change that zoning. I doubt that Tesla needs this in the next two years. But it's very good that they start the process now.
1653524184427.png