Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, seems like a material increase in production at Austin if you look at this drone video and compare it to previous days. Lik a very material increase.

Also, if you look at previous days on the lot, they're definitely taking quite a few away each day on trucks

I’m liking how the “Tesla” spelled out in solar panels is getting more and more visible

If there is in fact billions of dollars in TSLA being influenced by this thread, then that makes it more important to avoid clutter from low-value posts about quotidian price fluctuations, American politics, Twitter argument rehashing, manipulation complaints, etc.

A higher signal-to-noise ratio will attract more attention to the reasonable arguments being presented here and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.

If there is in fact billions of dollars in TSLA being influenced by this thread, then that makes it more important to avoid clutter from low-value posts about quotidian price fluctuations, American politics, Twitter argument rehashing, manipulation complaints, etc.

A higher signal-to-noise ratio will attract more attention to the reasonable arguments being presented here and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.
No one's listened for the first 350x, even less chance they'll listen for the next 5x. I think once Energy really gets moving up the S-curve they might start paying attention.

This is an interesting comment. Did Texas finally allow cars to be sold in the state?

I continue to be curious about this, and I can’t find a definitive answer.

Legally, nothing has changed, at least through the normal legislative process.

edit: It seems that Austin-built Model Y's are being delivered to Texas residents, I just haven’t found the exact mechanism being used.

Last edited:
Weird thing happened today…

My broker seems to have offered me some kind of reverse margin call and let me buy TSLA shares to replace some of the ones I had been forced to sell on the way down. I bet if the price keeps rising they’ll let me buy back even more!

Meanwhile my LEAPS I’ve been buying on steep discounts are up 50% just since Monday and will explode my portfolio value to several times where it was a few months ago when TSLA was at $1200 once we return there and beyond.

Can someone help me understand? I thought getting even one margin call was supposed to be terrifying and reason to begin unleashing a stream of frantic complaining on the internet, but I’ve had margin calls almost daily for months and I keep getting excited about the opportunity for some reason. What am I doing wrong?
Simple. You're not overextending yourself.

No one's listened for the first 350x, even less chance they'll listen for the next 5x. I think once Energy really gets moving up the S-curve they might start paying attention.
A minority has listened. @The Accountant was lurking for months before joining, I lurked for years before joining, and we’re not alone.

It only takes a small, exponentially-growing minority to cause a tipping point effect, especially with the aforementioned YouTubers and fund managers reading and likely amplifying the effect by several orders of magnitude.

Words here have a lot more leverage than it would seem.

I estimate there’s on the order of $100M worth of TSLA holdings between everyone here combined plus lurkers and friends and family of members. There’s also an appreciable probability that some whales like Koguan or investment bankers have caught on to the value of this thread, and also a high probability that at least some major YouTubers lurk or participate here too. There may be billions worth of capital in total that is influenced by this thread.
I'd wager that just the active posters probably have that number beat, even now.
Energy is also nice because it doesn't have the same exposure as vehicles. People won't ever loudly announce that they are selling their Power Wall because they got their feelings hurt on Twitter.

Last edited:
Thank you, I like your rationale, the valuation is based on discounting future earnings , and the probability
of achieving them.

Using a trailing p/e to determine value, in a high growth stock such as in Tesla is of Little value.

The probability of tesla reaching a 10 million car yearly production within 10 years is at least 90%
and 10 million is half their inspired goal. Now if you introduce fsd success and revenues ……
Made me wonder, what do TMC members believe TSLA should be worth today? Bet it's much higher than even the best analysts who are still being conservative with their estimates IMO.

Looking at @The Accountant method offered, what's cumulative discounted cash flows 10 years out for Tesla (x 90%)? Div by # of shares. I have no clue what that is even, probably gigantic, so I'm throwing a dart at $3,500 fair value today for TSLA. Another way to look at it, what would the masses be willing to pay for Tesla if even 1/2 the public <insert political party here> knew what we knew?

I really have no idea, and ARK's is likely higher, but the street consistently downplays Energy, Robots, AI, growth and so on. Which is why it would be interesting to hear what we think collectively. A survey would be fun too, maybe if someone knows how and has the time?

Made me wonder, what do TMC members believe TSLA should be worth today? Bet it's much higher than even the best analysts who are still being conservative with their estimates IMO.

Looking at @The Accountant method offered, what's cumulative discounted cash flows 10 years out for Tesla (x 90%)? Div by # of shares. I have no clue what that is even, probably gigantic, so I'm throwing a dart at $3,500 fair value today for TSLA. Another way to look at it, what would the masses be willing to pay for Tesla if even 1/2 the public <insert political party here> knew what we knew?

I really have no idea, and ARK's is likely higher, but the street consistently downplays Energy, Robots, AI, growth and so on. Which is why it would be interesting to hear what we think collectively. A survey would be fun too, maybe if someone knows how and has the time?
Someone posted this question on Twitter recently. "What price to sell now and never be allowed to invest in Tesla again?"

I'd have to play with some math but I think somewhere in that $2500-3k range would make sense to me. Bird in the hand and all that.

There are also quite a few members who rarely post and have pretty large Tesla holdings.

With that in mind I would say that 100 million is not even beginning to get close!
If those guys are reading this, you can contract out your posting here to me. Just let me know what type of content you want. 😂

I read just about everything posted on here and have for years, none of it affects my Tesla position,

I am holding it for my kids. I can't be the only one. I read everything on here because I believe it's a mission.

Sounds like time for a poll!

Private link, anonymous answers.

How much do you have invested in TSLA?

My number was a lot bigger about 6 weeks ago. 😅

EDIT: Just taking the average of the ranges, and the top range at minimum value, we're already at about $60M in Tesla holdings after about 10 minutes.

EDIT2: Make that $90M after 20 votes using the same method as above...