Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the exact opposite. I really love Twitter because I can create my own circle of trust. I have curated my feed to be all skiing and Tesla. On the Tesla side I follow thoughtful, trustworthy people. I also follow bulls and bears. I have a great stream of high quality Tesla news and information coming in on Twitter and that is a big reason I hold my solid convictions about $TSLA.

Guess what, Elon Musk is one of those sources. What other company can you get a direct feed in to the CEO's mind in a sometimes way too honest fashion?
For those complaining about Elon's Tweets... imagine, by comparison, if we could see a direct, too honest feed into GM's Mary Barra's mind?

I read just about everything posted on here and have for years, none of it affects my Tesla position,

I am holding it for my kids. I can't be the only one. I read everything on here because I believe it's a mission.
You might be an outlier with unshakable conviction, but I suspect many with similar motives as you have held onto TSLA positions for years because of the content on this thread convincing them Tesla is solving the problems more effectively than any other alternative organization that could receive similar support. I am among those people.

For a while, especially 2018, it was not at all obvious that Tesla would even escape bankruptcy. Investing in a mission doomed to fail is unproductive. TMC spreads knowledge.

Poll at 69 responses. No one else vote. 😄

1653675797706.png

You might be an outlier with unshakable conviction, but I suspect many with similar motives as you have held onto TSLA positions for years because of the content on this thread convincing them Tesla is solving the problems more effectively than any other alternative organization that could receive similar support. I am among those people.

For a while, especially 2018, it was not at all obvious that Tesla would even escape bankruptcy. Investing in a mission doomed to fail is unproductive. TMC spreads knowledge.
I have at least the double number of shares than I would be comfortable with without this forum. At least. So very thankful to you all!

Poll at 69 responses. No one else vote. 😄

View attachment 809492
Well with this particular poll it is unlikely we’ll ever hit a billion, let alone $10b someone suggested. Capping it at $16m+ puts a pretty hard limit on how high we could get. We’d need ~62.5 people voting in the highest category to get to $1b, 625 to get to $10b.

Assuming these votes are remotely genuine, we’ve easily cleared $100m though. (There are no 93 votes mostly over $1m).

On the linked poll, no thanks. Not sure what gets harvested by answering.

I see some folks talking about lurking, being long time members and such. Whenever I see such discussions I feel like doing a little of my own attention seeking. I'm willing to wager I have one of, if not the earliest, online bullish price targets for Tesla. I am "Joe Retail" at home and am amazed at the work done by others now. But back in the day I tried with lots of effort to understand this company and where they would go.

Anyone here put out bullish prices on Tesla back in the day?

Making some assumptions with the results so far, I am estimating from responses about 400 million in TSLA equity.

But the # of responses is probably < 1/2 of the # of people who have an account and passively participate in this forum (based even on the # of likes @The Accountant 's post received). And I would say another 1/3 part of people who read TMC without an account.

This puts board observers' TSLA investment at over 1 billion dollars.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 11.58.09 AM.png

Making some assumptions with the results so far, I am estimating from responses about 400 million in TSLA equity.

But the # of responses is probably < 1/2 of the # of people who have an account and passively participate in this forum (based even on the # of likes @The Accountant 's post received). And I would say another 1/3 part of people who read TMC without an account.

This puts board observers' TSLA investment at over 1 billion dollars.

View attachment 809513

Looked at another way: this forum's holdings are on par with those collectively held by ARK Invest. ($1B / $750 = ~1.3m shares)

Looked at another way: this forum's holdings are on par with those collectively held by ARK Invest. ($1B / $750 = ~1.3m shares)

Hi, my name is Kathy Would, and I'm the CEO of Just Joe Holdings.

Thank you for participating in my survey! By responding, you have automatically agreed to an opt-in clause to have your TSLA holdings managed by me. Bank transfers are happening as we speak.

My management style is: buy TSLA and hold. For that I am charging only a 0.25% expense fee.

As a show of gratitude, I have bought you all one way tickets to Alaska.

Pretty sure we're way higher based on some comments I've heard in the past, especially from a certain mod. Also, pretty sure I account for .00002% of it.

Pretty sure I said ‘empire’ a number of years ago. Empire pretty much is as high as it goes.
When did you say it?
I started grappling the issue in August of 2011

While I am proud of the work I did back then, I am in awe of the deep understanding and hard work that others put into such things now. They go way beyond what I have done and am capable of. I poke at the idiocy of the Utubers constantly putting out content, but some of them have done great work also.

Last edited:
Reactions: UltradoomY
I'm surprised <1 million isn't the largest population. Seems to indicate Tesla investors are not the typical "diversified" investors.

I honestly started out that way, but the damn TSLA stock kept growing. It’s the monster that ate my portfolio. Thank god I never learned how to rebalance 😂

I honestly started out that way, but the damn TSLA stock kept growing. It’s the monster that ate my portfolio. Thank god I never learned how to rebalance 😂

I grew my position the fastest with options over the past 2yrs and it just felt wrong not to re-invest back into TSLA, especially the dirty money I got from buying puts during the recent downturn.