Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several YouTube and Twitter "personalities" have reached out to me in the past.
Also, I often see some of my work in numbers put out by others, which I am fine with.
So I am confident that this thread is viewed by many lurkers.

Edit: I encourage the lurkers to sign up and contribute. You may think you have nothing important to add, but you'd be wrong. To think that @Gigapress lurked for years before contributing !
Do you have a chart with your price targets by year/quarter, or should we make one? Excellent analysis as always!

Reactions: capster
Today was a prime example of a day, when Max-Pain meant nothing at all. Earlier in the week, there was a large Call wall at 700, by this morning that shrank and got almost matched up by a similar high Put wall. However, there were still unmatched Call peaks at 710, 720, 730, 740 and a fairly big one at 750 (all without significant number of Puts on these prices):
View attachment 809525
The numerical max pain value was listed as 685 this morning, two days ago it was listed as 670.
Yet, we closed just below 760, and the above graph provides absolutely no preference for that.
Clearly, other forces have ruled over the max pain today.
I can't recall the last time Max Pain did come into play, seems to bear no relevance these days, contrary to the past. I think it's because macro forces are having more of an effect for the last 6 months

I voted in the poll, despite having approximately zero $TSLA shares - but the $value of my portfolio essentially came from 6 years HODLing and a bit of $TSLA options trading more recently, so I think it still counts!

Note that I'm keen to buy back into $TSLA again, but I'm waiting for $500, yes, might never happen, but who knows...

I can't recall the last time Max Pain did come into play, seems to bear no relevance these days, contrary to the past. I think it's because macro forces are having more of an effect for the last 6 months

I voted in the poll, despite having approximately zero $TSLA shares - but the $value of my portfolio essentially came from 6 years HODLing and a bit of $TSLA options trading more recently, so I think it still counts!

Note that I'm keen to buy back into $TSLA again, but I'm waiting for $500, yes, might never happen, but who knows...

I’m flabbergasted, first no more beer, and now this 😵‍💫

Sounds like time for a poll!

Private link, anonymous answers.

How much do you have invested in TSLA?

So say I put $50,000 into tesla and it was worth more than a million at the highest price it's seen in the last few months. Yet I've continued to buy more shares since it dropped below a million. It's all worth less than a million now. Depending on your view on the framing of the question I have invested less than $100,000 or I've invested more than a $1,000,000.

• Informative
Reactions: Ogre
Just this fact alone is what makes me confident in holding Tesla.

Most people are still valuing Tesla based on the idea that the auto market will be 30-60% ICE in 2030. That's just not the way markets work. People weren't buying flip phones 5 years after the iPhone came out.

ICE vehicle sales are going to crash hard way before 2030. As Tesla and legit EV competition stabilize prices and start bringing them down, nobody will want to buy ICE. Gas prices are going to get unstable as gas infrastructure investment collapses.

It's very hard to see GM & crew keeping up with the pace of change which is coming down the pike. Tesla is going to keep pre-selling every car they can possibly push out the door until 2030 or longer.

Robotaxi, Optimus, Tesla Energy... all potentially huge are just bonus potential.
Gas prices were always such a topic of conversation because there was absolutely no alternative. Our lives revolved around that number. When I’m in a group discussing that, they know I own a Tesla and ask me how much it takes to “fill up”. I tell them “nothing”. (We have free night-time electricity rates).

That leads into more detailed discussions.

On the “How Much Invested” polls:
I will guarantee all that the larger the amount owned, the more reticent the holder is in divulging his or her position, and this is irrespective of any anonymity of the pool. In that respect, the amassed number always will be lower - and quite possibly by an order of magnitude - than reality.

To make such a project yet more meaningless, there is nothing to stop even one single miscreant from trashing the poll by claiming his 83 shares as 1,000,000. Participants may remember even I have thrown out on at least one occasion a post like “…took advantage of this dip to add another million shares, plus or minus” - although I made sure all understood the “minus” was the operative word.
The poll is anonymous and voluntary. No one reveals themselves in it, so they can vote honestly.

A similar poll was conducted by a user at another Tesla investing related platform I frequent. The people who answered all seemingly did so honestly and without any need to inflate their wealth when the results were anonymous and voluntary. There were no issues with disruption of the poll, and it was an interesting poll with interesting results. There is nothing to be gained from pretending you have 1,000,000 shares in an anonymous and voluntary poll and no one did that.

I would like to remind people that this thread has 35M views. Divide that by 350k posts and 20 posts/view, that’s 2000 views/post. So make every posts as high quality as if you were standing in front of 2000 people at the company and were to give a presentation. And respect the time of the important people at the company who will leave as soon as they have heard the abstract of your presentation as they have important things to take care of at the company.

As this community grows with Tesla, it will eventually become unsustainable to read every post in this thread. I am already near my breaking point where this thread consumes too much time. The alternative is to only watch Rob Mauer, but then I would miss many quality posts here. But it’s really time consuming to read every post here.

Imo it’s past time that large part of this thread is moved to discord or telegram and only the longer quality posts are being posted here. Many successful rich people are spending many minutes if not hours here every day.

I would like to remind people that this thread has 35M views. Divide that by 350k posts and 20 posts/view, that’s 2000 views/post. So make every posts as high quality as if you were standing in front of 2000 people at the company and were to give a presentation. And respect the time of the important people at the company who will leave as soon as they have heard the abstract of your presentation as they have important things to take care of at the company.

As this community grows with Tesla, it will eventually become unsustainable to read every post in this thread. I am already near my breaking point where this thread consumes too much time. The alternative is to only watch Rob Mauer, but then I would miss many quality posts here. But it’s really time consuming to read every post here.

Imo it’s past time that large part of this thread is moved to discord or telegram and only the longer quality posts are being posted here. Many successful rich people are spending many minutes if not hours here every day.
It also seems past time for the TMC website to have an option to hide the user banners, the post time/share/bookmark/post # bar, and report/like/reply/quote toolbar. These are not useful most of the time yet they consume about half of the screen real estate for the average short post.

By default the toolbars should only pop up when the cursor hovers over the area.

Being able to toggle off between showing reactions or not would also help.

Quotes of other posts should show less teaser text in my opinion.

The current user interface is not efficient. We are in effect a billion-dollar ad hoc organization here, yet we are sleeping on an easy opportunity to double or triple our productivity.

Look at the ratio of useful information to total screen area in these examples:
BA899A7B-2838-498E-A39D-5DE1AF06FD2A.jpeg

74F1DB62-E308-4D81-A054-D16F1E52333B.jpeg

Does anyone know the devs?

Last edited:
I purchased my first batch of TSLA stock in January 2013 at a pre-split basis of 33.85 and my second batch in April 2013 at 49.79. I joined TMC in November of 2013. While it flailed around in the 300's for the next few years, when it finally popped after the 3 and the 5 for 1 split, the ATH was 6,217.45! Even now with the depressed market, the per share price is a pre-split 3,798.15. Those amounts boggle my mind, with today's price being a bit over 100 to 1 return on my original investment!

While I've bought and sold TSLA quite a few times in the meantime, mainly for profit, those original two batches are still in my portfolio in the original amounts purchased.

Yet my investment of time and a little bit of money in TMC may have been the most valuable purchase of all, with the advice I've gained and the friends I've made here. During the pop, I was considering selling enough shares to pay off my mortgage, but the folks here all told me to HODL and it was worth it as I've more than tripled the amount I would have spent! They also opened my eyes to the incredible Line of Credit available through my broker (e*Trade) and that it made much more sense to utilize that rather than sell any shares.

So even with the current downturn, the future looks so bright with Tesla, especially with the coming split, the new gigafactories cranking up (and more to come), the CyberTruck, the Semi, and more, I can think of no better place to keep my money. Looking forward to the next 100-1 return!

Last edited: