Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IDGAF about the hiring thing. WS likes that usually, so the SP impact will be temporary.

I do wonder why Elon thinks we are headed into a recession, and why that will impact Tesla.
Elon has created an easy excuse to can anyone who pisses him off with his recent directives to come to work.
Some had also suggested that that directive was a way to get people to leave voluntarily. I discounted that previously but I was wrong I guess.

IDGAF about the hiring thing. WS likes that usually, so the SP impact will be temporary.

I do wonder why Elon thinks we are headed into a recession, and why that will impact Tesla.

Some had also suggested that that directive was a way to get people to leave voluntarily. I discounted that previously but I was wrong I guess.
Seems like EM follows J. Dimon thinking closely.

It has been raining money on fools for too long- EM ;);) guess I was one of them

Last 3 SP drops all due to Elon - aah he is playing 3D chess ;) ;)

1st two helped me close my CC’s in advance at 80-90% gains
This one is gonna have my leaps loose value for a while - need to be patient
- either Jun 10th CPI changes market sentiment or wait till July Conf and 3Q momentum. Cheers!!

Last edited:
It has been raining money on fools for too long- EM

Last 3 SP drops all due to Elon - aah he is playing 3D chess ;) ;)
Teslas execution has been on point. Sp on the other hand have been capped by Elon and I think will continue to be going forward. I told my friend who just got into Tsla that the major drop in SP will most likely due to something what Elon will say or do. It will have nothing to do with Teslas fundamentals. He is the world best anti-stock pumper.

No harassment while working from home;)

Looks like preemptive measures for a weak quarter
As a user of the early internet where everyone had skin the thickness of the Earth's crust and roasted each other like it was going out of style, I would like to agree...

Except that's no longer the reality we've been in for a decade or two. Roasting is now cyber bullying and many don't have the necessary thickness of skin to deflect the abuse.*

It's in many ways easier to harass when WFH, the only potential counter is that frequently online things leave a log of things said (excepting certain things designed not to do so, which could be abused for harassment).

* Note that I'm not trying to blame the victims of bullying or harassment for not being able to take it, so much as point out that most of us in the early days were essentially Internet cowboys who waded in expecting the harshness online, and were socially and emotionally prepared for it (due to a combination of the effective distance online communication creates along with either an inability to actually process things due to being on the spectrum, or simply being sufficiently strong willed, if not often both), and the masses that came online later are normal people who aren't mentally or emotionally prepared for the social equivalent of the wild west (and for them the modern online communities are much more personal rather than being anonymous exchanges). I've been bullied online and in person back in the day, and I can say that the online sort really didn't affect me much, if anything it was fun to trade verbal blows. But in person bullying, that really was not something I handled well... and usually I handled it poorly, and ended up being the one in trouble even though I was the victim initially. When it's happening to your face, it's inescapable, but online I find that there's a certain distance that helps (and it's that same distance that enables many keyboard warriors to channel the worst parts of themselves).

In all honesty, if Tesla IS looking to cut factory jobs then I, even as a long term TSLA investor, would be very worried too. I want to see the growth continue to ramp, not decelerate.

I care about production, not employment. If Tesla can make 50% more cars this years with 10% fewer employees, then as an investor, thats awesome.

Elon has created an easy excuse to can anyone who pisses him off with his recent directives to come to work.
Kind of a nasty way to say it, but this is accurate. Elon is clearly annoyed with the office workers at Tesla not being aligned with the mission.

I like the idea of telling them the floor for behavior is what we expect from our factory workers every day. A single PR person might have worded something that way, but whatever.

You see a lot of soft corporate type people posting on LinkedIn about how excited they are to join Tesla. I always wondered how people like that fit into the pace set by Elon. Now we know!

Elon forcing office staff out of complacency. I like it.

Kind of a nasty way to say it, but this is accurate. Elon is clearly annoyed with the office workers at Tesla not being aligned with the mission.

I like the idea of telling them the floor for behavior is what we expect from our factory workers every day. A single PR person might have worded something that way, but whatever.

You see a lot of soft corporate type people posting on LinkedIn about how excited they are to join Tesla. I always wondered how people like that fit into the pace set by Elon. Now we know!

Elon forcing office staff out of complacency. I like it.
The bit about expectations for factory workers vs office workers is certainly valid. It's hard to ask the former to put in 110% if the latter are home in their PJs (even if it's just a perception thing).

But it does seem odd that this would come out now, on an options expiration Friday, when IMO things look better now in the economy than they did a month ago.

Hopefully Elon denies it or confirms with reasoning quickly.
What better time than after a 5+1% up day? And you have to yell it while it's still a rational excuse!

Jamie Dimon comes on TV to juice the oil markets when they look close to collapse, not one person questioned that clearly fabricated fearmongering.

Elon's doing the same thing as an excuse to trim the office people he feels don't align with the mission. A bit crazy....but bullish.

They have an extremely cute looking EV but last time I looked it was overpriced and under-ranged. Also I've only ever seen one in real life here in the UK

View attachment 812090
From my copious TV-sports watching, the message Honda seems to be putting out in the US ads is "Don't forget us! We are still here and we have a lot of history and stuff making fun vehicles!" They frequently run an ad for no specific car, and it shows a CGI'd "virtual all-terrain race" of older and newer Hondas: motorcycles, 4-wheelers, race cars, SUV's, sedans, etc., racing forward into the future?
To me, the message is "Yes, we blew it on EV's, but please love us anyway because we are Honda and we were cool when you were growing up".
Not bullish.

Oh, how quickly FUDdy duddys forget.
Remember Elon's email in 2019 after the 2.7 Billion cap raise?

Too right! It's at times like these, I'm reminded of the words of Charlemagne:

"I speak Spanish to God,
French to Men,
Italian to Women,
And German to my Horse!"

A millennium from now, History will use words something like these:

Charlemagne (742-814), or Charles the Great, was king of the Franks, 768-814, and emperor of the West, 800-814. He founded the Holy Roman Empire, stimulated European economic and political life, and fostered the cultural revival known as the Carolingian Renaissance.​
Elomagne (1971-2070), or Elon the Musk, was elon of Mars, 2034-70, and technoking of the West, 2002-2042. He founded Mars Colony One, stimulated Terrestrial economic and political life, and fostered the cultural revival known as the Twitter Renaissance.​

Not to put words into Elon's mouth, but someday we may remember him by these words:

"I speak Binary to Robots,
Memes to Men,
Truth to Power,
And Exponentials to God!"

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
“due to economic headwinds and the fact that teslas operations are becoming more streamlined, we are cutting administration jobs and simplifying our corporate structure. Manufacturing jobs and hiring will remain in place as demand for our products remains strong. This move will make tesla a stronger company and help to minimize any effects from the macro economy”

There … was that so hard??