Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Macros going south due to a strong jobs report....because that means that the Fed won't reverse or slow hikes...got it, makes total sense.

“Numbers this strong would likely reverse any hopes the Fed would consider a pause in rate hikes after the June/July increases, because it would signal the labor market remains very tight,” Tom Essaye of the Sevens Report said.
And FINALLY for once, when these things occur, I have a little dry powder. Buying ladder, here I come... bwahahaha

And yes, trimming the fat is generally a good thing. As an employee, layoffs of any type are scary and suck, and cause damage. But at times they are called for. As an outside investor, I find it a potentially positive sign. Keeping Tesla lean with the huge growth it has will be an ongoing challenge. I still have my concerns about keeping lean and (now multi-)focused- they need HR, they need "people people", even if everyone buys into the mission - you can only go so far with nothing but inspring/tough rhetoric from the top when you have to be meeting the needs of the employees so they can, in turn, meet the challenges of the world.

The "TESLA" logo written out in solar panels is beautiful, but it does seem like a huge waste of space. They could cram way more panels on the roof without it. Add some megapacks and Giga Texas is it's own utility.
I have a feeling they will find a way over time. Thicken the "font" lines, surround the whole thing with a thick box, add a "background fill" of solar panels with slightly different tint/reflectance.... they have people for this sort of thing ;)

The "TESLA" logo written out in solar panels is beautiful, but it does seem like a huge waste of space. They could cram way more panels on the roof without it. Add some megapacks and Giga Texas is it's own utility.
it's gonna be a giant Billboard, free advertising ... so worth it IMHO. cheers!!

(Hope some day, I get opportunity to fly in/out of Austin ... need to plan seats for a good view :) )

[+ as the saying goes ... kill two birds with one stone ;) ;) ;) ]

That was my first reaction as well. But this is Texas, soon enough the grid will be awash is way too much excess solar/wind.

All Tesla needs to worry about in Texas is storage. Huge, massive gobs of storage. Hopefully they are also compensated appropriately for saving this trainwreck of a grid.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kanweg and JRP3
it's gonna be a giant Billboard, free advertising ... so worth it IMHO. cheers!!

(Hope some day, I get opportunity to fly in/out of Austin ... need to plan seats for a good view :) )
Just wait until they spell "Sustainable energy for all" on the battery building roofs! (this is just my speculation of course)

Macros going south due to a strong jobs report....because that means that the Fed won't reverse or slow hikes...got it, makes total sense.

“Numbers this strong would likely reverse any hopes the Fed would consider a pause in rate hikes after the June/July increases, because it would signal the labor market remains very tight,” Tom Essaye of the Sevens Report said.

May jobs report comes in stronger than expected at 390,000 | CNBC TV

I, TSLA investor, approve this message.

I want Elon to remain CEO but I wish he would announce and tease Tesla-related things on @tesla acccount and RT them immediately (if need be). Does Elon even know how to use multiple accounts in a Twitter application?! This would prevent Tesla's image to be linked excessively to personal comments (most of which have nothing to do with Tesla).

I'm okay with Tesla not having a PR team but there's no need to confuse everything all the time and mix Tesla's mission with his political endorsements and puerile memes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more manufacturers pump out vehicles at a loss to undercut Tesla and each other

Rivian's R1T and R1S were massively underpriced early on for what they were. GM now with the Bolt and the F-150 Pro starting price seems impossibly low in terms of turning a profit. Competitors will look to saturate the market as much as possible.

Great for consumers and great for the quest to reduce emissions, the beauty of competition

The economics of automaking (and manufacturing in general) is that no one can sell products at a loss over extended periods unless it is a relatively small volume product. Even the very low volume of the Rivian RT1 will manifest itself in the form of huge and unsustainable losses this quarter when they report. Selling truly high-volume cars at a loss over extended periods is completely unsustainable, no manufacturer can do that.

GM's admission that they will be serving the low end of the EV market is an admission to informed observers that they can't make them in really high numbers. Not because the low end of the EV market doesn't have millions of willing buyers, but because there is no profit in GM making millions of low-cost EV's. Once warranty costs are considered, they cannot yet afford to sell millions of EV's under $30K in markets homologated under U.S or European standards.

So, this is really an admission that they still cannot make EV's in high volumes. Really, all it is, is a narrative they are using to extend their ICE sales. When you go to buy the mythical EV's for under $30K they will try to sell you a more expensive ICE car and, if you insist on EV, the under $30K EV will be nowhere to be found. It's also a narrative that is trying to break the perception of Tesla as the EV leader by creating the false impression that Tesla are only for high-end buyers and most of the EV market will belong to GM. In fact, Tesla will be able to move down-market whenever required by a lack of buyers for higher priced cars, simply by lowering their prices, and they will be able to do it profitably. High-volume production is required to do this, and GM will not have that anytime soon when it comes to EV's. This is the beauty of Tesla sticking to the Models Y and 3 as their only mass-market cars for so long (it allows them to realize efficiencies that can only be realized at very high volumes).

If GM's corporate strategy sounds strange and unbelievable to you, it simply highlights that these are the words of a dying company, a company caught between a rock and a hard place. Strange times indeed.

Quite suspicious that the other 2 Elon emails this week were posted in their entirety and yet this email hasn't been posted yet. If I had to guess, I'd say Reuter's leaving out key parts of the email that contain the context. Elon should comment on this and clarify since it is quite an important thing. 10% of non-manufacturing job is one thing (and a great cost savings to Tesla since some of those are high paying jobs in Silicon Valley) but 10% of all workforce including manufacturing a whole different thing.

If I had to guess, as delivery waves have been ironed out, continued efficiencies in the delivery process, and there's less of a need for the end of quarter rush, there's a glut of workers at the service/delivery/sales levels. And then there probably is a some glut on the software engineering side as well. The more Tesla’s software stack mature and become more efficient and the more that Dojo takes over auto labeling in place of hand labeling, there’s bound to be some material fat on the software engineering side

Teslas execution has been on point. Sp on the other hand have been capped by Elon and I think will continue to be going forward. I told my friend who just got into Tsla that the major drop in SP will most likely due to something what Elon will say or do. It will have nothing to do with Teslas fundamentals. He is the world best anti-stock pumper.
Sadly I've stopped recommending TSLA as a investment to most people that ask me about it. I essentially make a character judgment on the person on if I think they can handle the Elon factor. Elon's just too destructive to the stock at this point. There's a difference between a CEO not tailoring his actions to pump or prop up the stock and a CEO actively harming/being destructive. And Elon's definitely in the latter camp at this point. Yes the payoff is going to be huge which is why I won't sell. But I've had multiple people that were invested sell simply because they were fatigued by non-stop Elon induced sell offs.
and volatility.

As someone mentioned in a earlier post, it's not hard for him to write up a official press release with the same information and the important context. He knows that email is going to get leaked.

No one seems to be saying this 10% excludes factory.
Because Elon hasn't clarified if it's excludes factory workers. He needs to comment and clarify.

Last edited:

I, TSLA investor, approve this message.

I want Elon to remain CEO but I wish he would announce and tease Tesla-related things on @tesla acccount and RT them immediately (if need be). Does Elon even know how to use multiple accounts in a Twitter application?! This would prevent Tesla's image to be linked excessively to personal comments (most of which have nothing to do with Tesla).

I'm okay with Tesla not having a PR team but there's no need to confuse everything all the time and mix Tesla's mission with his political endorsements and puerile memes.
If Elon tweeted through two accounts (private and corporate), the bears/media would STILL jump on every one of his (private) comments and draw conclusions for Tesla the business.

Tesla has a twitter account and they use it. The media chooses to ignore that account (I never see a CNBC piece on the building of the latest megapack installation) so what would be the point of more PR?

The numbers will speak for themselves in a few quarters. That's the only way to shut the bears up for good.

Of course it’s legit. Pretty weird to question it, honestly.

Musk is practically a QANON conspiracy-addled right wing fascist at this point. Sad to watch someone so powerful radicalized in real time over the last 2 years or so. Very sad.

He’s doing real damage to the brand, recruitment, morale, and its operational capabilities, and embroiling it in countless dumb distractions, some of which are in direct contradiction to Tesla’s mission (Bitcoin, no remote work). The sooner he resigns from Tesla the better.
Associating Musk with a fringe group he has no known connection with: Check
Suggesting he is part of some sort of "conspiracy": Check
Stating a strict political stance that is contrary to many of his stated viewpoints/goals: Check
Calling him the name of a historically negative political regime: Check

Good job. I'll have some framework for the level of actual content vs hyperbole for future posts....