Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's peaker revenue, which is delightful, but what are we getting paid when the whole production system poops the bed again? And what about the stuff that's extremely difficult now, but don't exist with enough storage interconnected?

These are my worries. I'm just sayin I could see Texas being like an Australia or India. These folks can wiggle out of paying certain bills once the massive infrastructure is in place.

If those batteries are online - paid a LOT. Power rates went through the roof during the major outage.

I got a bill from a datacenter in Dallas for that period for "demand charges" during that time (didn't have to pay it, luckily we had a contract with flat rate pricing - but didn't stop the datacenter from trying to pass it on).

Again - this is a HUGE win win for Tesla to be able to sell power in TX. HUGE. They haven't been able to do that in Cali, and if memory serves me they have been trying to get those pieces (regulatory) in place for a while.

EDIT - those "demand charges" were 12X our usual power bill.

Last edited:
Doesn't Biden just mean good luck with the moon landing trip? Elon just got awarded a project to land astronauts on the moon.
It's incredibly poor judgement to say, "Good luck with the trip to the moon", when the moon mission involves American taxpayer dollars and real American astronauts with real families at home! It's actually despicable beyond words and un-American. And it's unclear what he thinks a moon trip has to do with how Elon thinks the economy looks.
If recent events can cause me to no longer self-identify as a democrat, and I no longer do, something tells me it's the democrats that have imploded, not the republicans! This is exactly opposite what I expected after the last administration, I am not happy to report this. And Elon has firmly positioned himself as a political force to be reckoned with.

Please don't use this comment to launch into political debate, I'm just making an observation that I think has a lot of relevance to Elon and his companies going forward. I am not asking whether you think my changing political identity is justified or wise, it's just a data point that I think must apply to many other life-long democrats who are similar to me.

Worse, he actually said Good luck with HIS trip to the moon" .. that was a NASA commissioned trip to the moon, for the USA, not a vanity project, and SpaceX was chosen because so many past administrations, including this one weren't able to do this despite their bloated cost plus budgets

Nothing new in that video unless you haven't paid any attention to Elon/Tesla history. It is almost all about how Tesla came to being and how the Roadster project went. (Lots repeated about the "founders" of Tesla.)
I am finding that Tesla had to shut down due to a gang shooting which resulted a supply truck being impounded to be entertaining on a noisy day like today...and this is just the first 2 mins...

Reactions: MP3Mike
If those batteries are online - paid a LOT. Power rates went through the roof during the major outage.

I got a bill from a datacenter in Dallas for that period for "demand charges" during that time (didn't have to pay it, luckily we had a contract with flat rate pricing - but didn't stop the datacenter from trying to pass it on).
That's precisely what Im saying. With Megapacks all over the place, that price spike doesn't happen. It's business as usual as gas plants scramble for 35 minutes and pop back up.

These are the things we need to sort out and monetize up front.

Because they're all in on it? You think it's a coincidence that the stock as sat just above the uptick rule all day?
The stock trades like a pet.com, with little appreciation for brilliance of what
they have accomplish and what is yet to come Is even greater. EVs are the antidote
to high oil prices, a scourge plaguing us economically and politically since the 1970s.

Unless the mkt expects an electron shortage. Are there enough to go around?

That's precisely what Im saying. With Megapacks all over the place, that price spike doesn't happen. It's business as usual as gas plants scramble for 35 minutes and pop back up.

Tesla's selling the megapacks, I fail to see your point. That's monetization.

The ones on-site for GF Austin will be used first for the factory, then second if there is excess for the community, which is additional monetization.

Just because the Megapacks, Power walls, and solar are on the grid doesn't mean they automatically export. Autobidder could adjust 'production' and 'demand' to boost revenue.

Remember . . . . Q2 is a Bear Trap
(Blue = Actual)
(Red = My Forecast)

1654288126571.png

Last edited:
The stock trades like a pet.com, with little appreciation for brilliance of what
they have accomplish and what is yet to come Is even greater. EVs are the antidote
to high oil prices, a scourge plaguing us economically and politically since the 1970s.

Unless the mkt expects an electron shortage. Are there enough to go around?
In fact, there is a surplus of leptons in general.

Yes indeed.

There is one thing I have learned about Elon: ALWAYS TAKE HIM AT HIS WORD.

There is no ulterior motive. There is no secret agenda. If Elon says they are overstaffed in many areas then that's exactly what he thinks and that is exactly why he is taking action.

“The longer you wait to fire someone the longer it has been since you should have fired them”​

― Elon Musk, as quoted by Ashlee Vance

Elon says cut 10% of workforce
$TSLA goes down 10%.....Really cannot make this up :)
Most likely laying off all the people dumping them into the ocean. I understand FSD is advanced to the point they can drive themselves into ocean.*
*Sorry if you don't understand the somewhat old reference. But couldn't resist.