Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's incredibly poor judgement to say, "Good luck with the trip to the moon", when the moon mission involves American taxpayer dollars and real American astronauts with real families at home! It's actually despicable beyond words and un-American. And it's unclear what he thinks a moon trip has to do with how Elon thinks the economy looks.

If recent events can cause me to no longer self-identify as a democrat, and I no longer do, something tells me it's the democrats that have imploded, not the republicans! This is exactly opposite what I expected after the last administration, I am not happy to report this. And Elon has firmly positioned himself as a political force to be reckoned with.

Please don't use this comment to launch into political debate, I'm just making an observation that I think has a lot of relevance to Elon and his companies going forward. I am not asking whether you think my changing political identity is justified or wise, it's just a data point that I think must apply to many other life-long democrats who are similar to me.
Off-handed comment which I don't read too much into. I wish I didn't read too much into many of the other things Biden has said and done.

Man, that big ol' grin on Biden's face in response to the reporter asking about layoffs at Tesla was almost as cringeworthy as his Cornpop stories. At least he managed to deliver the "to the moon" snark relatively deadpan. Glad Elon took the high road in his response.
I didn't even catch that he was playing off "to the moon".

This bodes well for the land down under:

Sorry to keep posting these, but it's hilarious.

Screenshot_20220603-165002_Reuters.jpg

Blatantly false headline.....somewhat clarified later.

Tesla's selling the megapacks, I fail to see your point. That's monetization.

The ones on-site for GF Austin will be used first for the factory, then second if there is excess for the community, which is additional monetization.
Agreed, it's additional monetization, which is good. It doesn't solve the problem of OnCore and friends not being able to store energy from the various suppliers during distribution. Tesla (as currently enabled) is just a producer. Because of Texas' three tier distribution system (producers, distributors, and billing), the real value of battery storage comes in when used in the middle tier, where the supplies from the various producers can be stored and released as required eliminating (or at least reducing) the supply peaks and valleys.