Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, how could overheating contactors be an issue in only half of vehicles, but over the entire shipped population? I'd expect this to include all vehicles. Only a running change would result in a difference in builds and Ford doesn't do that. This seems indicative of either Ford being told by a 3rd party about engineering details or Ford is just trying to minimize damage by only recalling those vehicles that they have had customer issues with.

"Ford says 48,924 Mustang Mach-E vehicles sold in the US are affected by the problem — nearly half of the estimated 100,000 vehicles produced during that time."
Could be that summer is here, and…. Arizona.

I'm really hoping for a relief rally after Powell talks on Wednesday. I just can't see a .75 increase with a second negative GDP quarter coming (which means recession). The Fed doesn't need to slow down the economy anymore. It's going to go down the toilet without anymore interest rate hikes. I'm really hoping he says that they are reducing the number of rate increases, and maybe stopping them all together. 🤞

It's probably going to go the exact opposite of this way ya know that right? lol

If anything to divert some tiny amount of solar energy into electrical and shade some pavement and car paint.
Fried eggs anyone? How about with potatoes and bacon next time? Welcome to Arizona! 😅
THIS!!!!!!

I find it stunning that Tesla's own facilities are NOT covered in solar panels, to include parking lots. Talk about NOT leading by example.

Those of us that follow Tesla know their cash position is "FLUSH." Yet they built a Gallery and service center in Glendale about a year or two ago, and it appears to have no solar panels?!? On what planet does this make sense?

Side benefit: this will stop baking Teslas. Example: Despite promising to park our new, but quite broken, 2022 Plaid inside over the weekend, the car's interior temps were just short of 170F. Thus, either the facility was on fire, or they left it outside.

Nice job Elon, really nice.

Hmm, how could overheating contactors be an issue in only half of vehicles, but over the entire shipped population? I'd expect this to include all vehicles. Only a running change would result in a difference in builds and Ford doesn't do that. This seems indicative of either Ford being told by a 3rd party about engineering details or Ford is just trying to minimize damage by only recalling those vehicles that they have had customer issues with.

"Ford says 48,924 Mustang Mach-E vehicles sold in the US are affected by the problem — nearly half of the estimated 100,000 vehicles produced during that time."
Different batch of parts?

Reactions: Mike Ambler
THIS!!!!!!

I find it stunning that Tesla's own facilities are NOT covered in solar panels, to include parking lots. Talk about NOT leading by example.

Those of us that follow Tesla know their cash position is "FLUSH." Yet they built a Gallery and service center in Glendale about a year or two ago, and it appears to have no solar panels?!? On what planet does this make sense?

Side benefit: this will stop baking Teslas. Example: Despite promising to park our new, but quite broken, 2022 Plaid inside over the weekend, the car's interior temps were just short of 170F. Thus, either the facility was on fire, or they left it outside.

Nice job Elon, really nice.

I think Tesla prioritizes delivering panels to customers, over their own internal usage. More profitable.

“Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants.” — Socrates, 470BC

The kids are ok. The people who ask me the most about my Tesla tend to be under 12.
I guess not much has changed since Socrates, lmao.

Good point.
May be one of the reasons why Tesla is slow walking the 4680 production. They may be able to ramp quicker but taking something from pilot production to mass production can bring a lot of unexpected results. So instead of a 3 step ramp they may be taking a 4-6 step ramp to reduce risk of glitches in real world experience.
I think they are being caution with the 4680 charging curve. For 4680 production - no, I don't think its a matter of caution. Instead, I think its a very difficult problem they are trying to solve and they are tackling the bottlenecks one by one to get to their desired cell output per production line.

#truth
#theywillfail
#callingit
The Rivian teardown was hard to watch from an engineering perspective. They need like a million ECOs to make that thing cost effective to build. I wish them the best however and hope they can do fast changes. Step one, fix the cabling spaghetti!

Ford ... welcome to Tesla circa 2012-13 ... Ford is actually 10 years behind Tesla and has learned none of the lessons... the competition is coming (not)🤣
this will not end well.. LMAO ---Jim Cramer and his Ford holdings .. he was down on Ford the other day ... maybe he had advanced warning

Edit : might be unfair to say they learned no lessons ... but this is certainly not a good sign ...

Last edited:

Half were not sold in the U.S?

I think Tesla prioritizes delivering panels to customers, over their own internal usage. More profitable.
Not just more profitable... it is literally their business to sell solar panels and their solar business has been struggling with supply shortages as well.

This isn't something they can just toss a pile of cash at and get panels on all their facilities. They need all the solar capacity they can source supply customers.

I always thought this re charging issues among competition". As if nobody could figure out a card transaction or something. "Is it plugged in??

The Verge kinda lays out the Ford issue.

"The malfunction involves a potential overheating of the vehicle’s battery high voltage contactors, which can lead to the vehicle failing to start or losing power while in motion. "

(Edit: Heat problem... oh correction, maybe that's even worse, they may need to reduce power overall, then replace eventually to fully recover. Yikes!)
But you missed the part in that article where its gonna be fixed with an OTA update. I mean I find that kind of questionable, the OTA part but whatever.

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
The Rivian teardown was hard to watch from an engineering perspective. They need like a million ECOs to make that thing cost effective to build. I wish them the best however and hope they can do fast changes. Step one, fix the cabling spaghetti!
What’s an ECO and why does Rivian need so many?

Is this why they have so much cabling spaghetti and how would they fix it?

If I remember correctly when you worked at Tesla on the Autopilot team you were working closely with most of the other electronics systems in the car so I’m really interested to learn your perspective on this.