Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Markets down all of last week based on possibility Fed might raise by .75 points
Fed did just that - and that is why market is up? :)
The market to the Fed:

giphy.gif

Sorry, I'm booked solid with whining about short term issues and comparing forward P/Es until mid September.
Welcome to the group

If you show any level of optimism until Tesla’s forward P/E actually reflects Tesla’s actual earnings growth for the next couple of yours, you’re out of the group

Last edited:
Come on! Get with the Program.😁
Anything less than 0.75% tanks the market.
Anything more than 0.75% tanks the market.
In fact, exactly a 0.75% increase tanks the market as well.
The media will parade out their “experts” minutes after the rate announcement to tell us how this is all horrible.
The market went up? Reminds me of a Happy Days episode.

1655327151156.png

Cities have paid billions for similar infrastructure.

Vegas is getting this essentially for the cost of the rights to use the property underneath the city.

(Weird side thought here)

TBC needs to figure out how to extract any valuable minerals from this subsurface material. How much lithium can they extract out of a 55 mile 22 foot diameter tunnel?

Certainly possible, but macro sentiment seems to be reversing to me. I'd like to see a couple weeks of WTI drifting down first, but it feels like pushing down on a Friday might be harder now.

It is triple witching, so we'll see. Lots of incentive to build up a naked short position this week then unwind Monday.

I think we'll close flat on Monday.

Markets will be closed in observance of Juneteenth.

Cities have paid billions for similar infrastructure.

Vegas is getting this essentially for the cost of the rights to use the property underneath the city.

(Weird side thought here)

TBC needs to figure out how to extract any valuable minerals from this subsurface material. How much lithium can they extract out of a 55 mile 22 foot diameter tunnel?
maybe that's the mining operations that Elon had alluded to. Tesla could invest in TBC and vertically integrate it along with some refining.

• Helpful
Reactions: Baumisch and Ogre
So.....$F says the Mach-E is no longer profitable due to rising commodity costs, but i seem to recall them saying there was 'too much' demand for the Mach-E:

1655328378821.png

This does not even factor in the repair costs it has to shell out to fix their recall:

1655328444307.png

When it's all said and done....how much will $F have lost on each and every MACH-E sold? Oh wait, it does not matter, they'll just hide it under 'one time charges incurred' in their balance sheet. Rinse and Repeat for the F-150EV next year.