Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Now I totally get why Elon wants to create a permanent legal department in-house.

This world is now full of crazy unreasonable people.
Meh. Crazy unreasonable people have always existed. They just happen to have several platforms now in which to get rewarded for their unreasonableness.

You will be happy to know that current market conditions are unsustainable. LOL!

/S

I always plan to maintain at least two years cash reserve, so I never have to sell stock during market downturns. Ideally I can be buying when the price is low. Today I bought a couple hundred more at $635 and will buy more if the price goes significantly lower. A company growing this quickly is a bargain at these levels and will make all shareholders both pleased and proud when the market understands that the competition is not coming anytime soon (unless speaking of competition for legacy ICE vehicles).

Your retirement is not actually declining and we can say this because your retirement is not valued on fear and misinformation but on what the conditions will be when you actually need to liquidate portions of your retirement.
Oh… my comment was a bit of an exaggeration.

I want to retire early... in the next 1-3 years preferably. That can’t happen with the current market conditions.

It’s a very first world concern I have.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? If those employees are so good, employer should care..

Those employees are PAID FOR A JOB. Not for their political beliefs, etc.

Having known a VP at Tesla, I can tell you for FACT that VERY VERY few people are "keymen/women" at Elon's companies. He does hire the best, but they can be replaced.

Have you seen how many executives Tesla has gone through over the years? Hasn't had a negative impact on the company in the least.

Basically, current harnesses run at 12V and use MANY wires in them. You can cut that down drastically by moving communication over 1-2 wires, but at higher voltages. But it requires a new bus system, as the old simply won't work.

Tesla talked about it back in 2019, there is an article here:

It would cut down on weight, complexity, etc. But it would be a substantial change, and would require module vendors (airbag, sensors, etc.) to all be on board. Old modules would simply not work.

I think there is a reasonably good chance Tesla will introduce the higher voltage wiring with the Cybertruck for three reasons:

1) The time is right
2) It's Elon's "baby"
3) It represents the modern truck and deserves modern wiring. Tesla semi might share the same 48V wiring as well.

I think there is a reasonably good chance Tesla will introduce the higher voltage wiring with the Cybertruck for three reasons:

1) The time is right
2) It's Elon's "baby"
3) It represents the modern truck and deserves modern wiring. Tesla semi might share the same 48V wiring as well.

And 4) it's a "fresh start". Hard to do that with an existing product, not without disrupting the production lines significantly.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? If those employees are so good, employer should care..
The employees care enough about this issue to write a letter, but not so much they will actually quit their job.

If they do quit, there are 10 equally good engineers waiting to take their position.

What is SpaceX's concern here? Why would they change any policy?

Or rather why would Musk change his behavior when not changing it has little to no impact on his businesses?

Agreed. Those engineers can easily be replaced if they aren't happy. Wasn't the acceptance rate something like 2-3% at Tesla last year for job applications?

Even if they back it by leaving, who cares? Get rid of the care bears and replace them with equally-qualified adults.

My point: it's not their damn company. They KNOW they work for an eccentric. It's part of the expectation for working for Tesla and SpaceX.

Side-note: the Verge is one of the worst anti-Musk / Tesla publications we have seen. I would not be surprised if this was literally like 10 employees or less and they got wind of it and decided to blow it out of proportion.

Ten employees is almost certainly a stretch. I would be surprised if it were more than 3 or 4. Anonymous letter? I can see they have real conviction there!

Part of being a good employee is knowing how to navigate all kinds of work situations, including unpleasant ones.

These wonderful employees who felt a need to write an anonymous letter complaining about the man who gave them their jobs, didn’t have the mouse nuts to even stand shoulder to shoulder with their alleged harassed coworkers against the harasser or demand resolution from HR.

Meh. So far there’s less than zero proof they're ‘good’ employees.

This is really, really painful. Are the shorts finally getting their revenge from all of the TSLA splits? So frustrating and sad to see our beloved TSLA stock getting hosed.

Everything’s getting hosed…
CA4FC3BA-33FB-42B7-8BE3-0790E6445430.jpeg

1) The time is right
2) It's Elon's "baby"
Musk's comments on the Cybertruck "Technology Bandwagon" suggest the Cybertruck will have all of Tesla's bleeding edge tech in it. Doubly so if it is bleeding edge and has a cost savings.

Musk has called it his & Franz's Magnum Opus.

This is his first fully "First Principles" vehicle which is cutting all ties with old auto. I don't think we are going to see legacy hold out tech in the Cybertruck just because there are existing solutions.

Last edited: