Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh… my comment was a bit of an exaggeration.

I want to retire early... in the next 1-3 years preferably. That can’t happen with the current market conditions.

It’s a very first world concern I have.

Market conditions can always change on a dime no matter how strong they look in the moment. Never retire based on a strong market, that would be like building your house on a sandy beach because the tide was low. It's when your retirement looks good in a crappy environment like this that you know you are really set up to retire in style.

In other words, things are actually looking up, more so now than at the beginning of the year,

I heard Spacex has "don't be an asshole" policy?

Did you read the article you linked?

I fail to see any connection here. How does Musk Tweeting about Bill Gates have anything to do with shutting down engineering discussions at SpaceX?

• Disagree
Reactions: replicant
For everybody feeling down about the stock. Just remember, this isn't because of anything Tesla as a company has done wrong. They're still going from strength to strength with an amazingly bright future. As stock holders here we're all part of this! This is because of incredibly rough market-wide conditions, which we all know TSLA can respond to in an exaggerated way... It will do the same on the way up - we've been here before, just wait.

This is his first fully "First Principals" vehicle
550AFD3F-4F44-4E2D-89F8-D0A0C289E23A.jpeg

🤓

Anyone else remember watching the stock climb up past 800 a few weeks back and thinking "Man, I missed out. If this thing drops into the 700s again, I am loading up"...and now sitting here saying to themselves "Hmmm...I should wait for it to drop to the 500s".
yup that is why if you are an investor you don't load up ... set a share target and dollar cost average purchases over time .. on days like today ... in 3 years from now you wont be concerned that you had purchases in 600's, 700's , 800's all such lots are likely to be up "big time "
i have TSLA purchases at 10's, 100's, 200's that are up huge 10X, 6X, 3X not the least bit concerned that i only got a 3X on those shares purchased in the 200's

to further my point i have a number of lots in the 800's and 900's ... they are are currently underwater ... but luckily i did not load up and was able to keep buying as we dropped now into the low 600's ...luckily i felt over $1000 was too frothy ...so my highest lot was at $985 and lowest lot was $635 this is in the past year ... my DCA purchase price for the last 52 weeks worth of TSLA share purchases is $752...

You can't precisely time the market in any long term meaningful way ...and the problem is you don't know where the bottom is and will you have the discipline to make the purchases at peak fear and panic

Last edited:
For everybody feeling down about the stock. Just remember, this isn't because of anything Tesla as a company has done wrong. They're still going from strength to strength with an amazingly bright future. As stock holders here we're all part of this! This is because of incredibly rough market-wide conditions, which we all know TSLA can respond to in an exaggerated way... It will do the same on the way up - we've been here before, just wait.
On top of this it has now become an inflation hedge. They are raising prices faster than inflation.

Park your own car and get your steps in. 😉

How come no one ever worried about the valet using your old school metal key to cut a new key while you were enjoying your dinner?

Answer: Because your car is insured - it's just not a big deal.

That said, I do park my own car whenever it's practical because it leaves me less dependent upon others and reduces the chances of unpleasant surprises.

what other company stocks price drops on price increases and 1 year plus backlog ... absolutely nucking futs

EDIT : just proves how strong this macro correction is ... cant fight the FED playing out in an excruciating way

Basically, current harnesses run at 12V and use MANY wires in them. You can cut that down drastically by moving communication over 1-2 wires, but at higher voltages. But it requires a new bus system, as the old simply won't work.

Tesla talked about it back in 2019, there is an article here:

It would cut down on weight, complexity, etc. But it would be a substantial change, and would require module vendors (airbag, sensors, etc.) to all be on board. Old modules would simply not work.
Ah, that article was helpful. Thank you!
It looks to me like the savings are from switching from a point-to-point to a hub-and-spur type system, where some module that has say 5 components in it can just have one pair of conductors (or one connector) to join to a main bus, and have premade (short) internal connections to all the 5 subcomponents... instead of all 5 components needing their own wire pairs running all the way back to some central point in the car. That would save a ton of wiring. Similar in concept to some of the industrial communication buses I work on in my day job. Wiring in processing plants is definitely a major expense as well.
I didn't see mention of voltage in the article; maybe once you are going full on new architecture / have lost compatibility with all those old modules, you go ahead and change to a more efficient / useful voltage - would make sense to me anyhow.

Now I totally get why Elon wants to create a permanent legal department in-house.

This world is now full of crazy unreasonable people.
Expect Elon sue and ask for billions of brand damage if he win. Tesla need a strong example that if you want tu sue them you need........