Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is dropping pre-market in the last few minutes, and it doesn't look like a macro drop as nothing else I look at is dropping with it. Not sure what the catalyst is, did some news just come out or something?
Fred article saying some hourly employees were fired and claiming that goes against what Musk stated previously...
As if overall hourly headcount increase means zero terminations...

I certainly agree it does not mean it’s popular. I also hope its creator(s) had no intention of it being subject to a popularity contest.
But not a correct opinion? Please correct me if I’m wrong in thinking that a very, very dangerous statement. Perhaps you meant something else.
Ah, so you don’t just use your grammatical and linguistic intelligence and sophistication to poke gentle fun at people. You also use it as a passive aggressive and purposely obtuse weapon.

Yeah I see some others are starting to drop now too, TSLA just seemed to be ahead of the curve, like normal. :cool:

About the same time :

Powell says Fed is 'acutely focused on returning inflation to our 2% objective'​

Reactions: M|S|W and oldTAVguy
About the same time :

Powell says Fed is 'acutely focused on returning inflation to our 2% objective'​

Market drops as the fed say exactly what he said 2 days ago..lol.

This happened after every meeting, the fed are asked the same exact question and answers the exact same way but still causes a market reaction.

This market..just need time to iron out

Based Gwynne:
It seems that they got what they asked for. In the letter they drafted: "define and uniformly respond to all forms of unacceptable behavior" and the result:

The newspaper said Shotwell's email said employees involved with circulating the letter had been fired for making other staff feel "uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views".

This market..just need time to iron out

The market is gonna market ...

1655472929575.jpeg

Ah, so you don’t just use your grammatical and linguistic intelligence and sophistication to poke gentle fun at people. You also use it as a passive aggressive and purposely obtuse weapon.
If I have time later today I’ll try to decide if it’s worth my while looking back to see if your use of ‘passive aggressive’ is a term you have a tendency to pull out on many with whom you disagree; my recollection is it is…and that it is not so worthwhile.

Irrespective of that, indeed it most absolutely is the case that in the many, many years I have hosted, promulgated and massaged this site, I have tried to lead by example, tried to get others to understand the use of careful and deliberate writing, and to get people to think for themselves.

I also am aware of and sensitive to the repercussions of discussing- and championing - divisive issues, and normally sit back and moderate, without entering the fray.

That itself is testimony: when this wretched business about Twitter has so enveloped Mr Musk that he alleges it is a free speech platform* that alone can save us from ourselves - no, I no longer can stay silent.

With that, I also will follow my own dictates and have others have the last word.

*On edit per a comment by ”Stealth”: Without correcting my first words - I garbled. I had meant to convey that he has argued that Twitter ought become a free speech platform because that is our only way of saving ourselves. My response is None so blind as those who choose not to see. A lie makes its way around the world before truth even has its pants on and, repeated often enough, becomes Truth to those who cannot think for themselves. Saying more on this and I will, indeed, have to delete this post as it would have veered into the political realm.

Last edited:
I needed to close a 600 call expiring today. Had it since last year, timing is always the kicker. Nothing ever on margin though, but I lost 100 leverage, and Monday will likely be spectacular as my luck shows lately. I still have 2 more in '23. If it doesn't do something by then... I'll just blame something else. (Edit: del cheap shot).

Last edited:
So you are waiting on the perfect car then still too?

I preordered the X based on what I knew about the model S, and the 3 based on our experience with the 3.

FSD is of course part of an amazing journey rather than a finished product for a while but I would not want to miss it.

The investment argument makes sense except looking at the last 12 months - car values went up and stock value went down, what is the better return on your money ?

I have no doubt that when roadsters sees then light of day they will be mind blowingöy awesome.
You created a strawman to argue against. Nowhere in my post did I use the word, "perfect."

My wife has been repeating for one month now that all the Twitter drama and Elon tweeting frequently is hurting shareholders more than helping the world to transition to sustainable energy. I couldn’t disagree with her, because she is my wife of course.

Wives are humans too, which is to say they need educating too. The fact that you are married to your wife make this even more important to both of your continued happiness and productivity in such a partnership. And in whose reality are free humans not free to disagree? There are some scary implications there and I'm surprised to hear anyone forward this as if it were normal. It doesn't sound like a joke to me.

Musk is doing more to further the sustainability of human existence, knowledge and discovery and help fight misery than anyone I know of. The fact that much of it is done on a social network and in a "populist" manner does not detract from the seriousness of the work Musk has undertaken. Strings need to be pulled and people need to be prodded. The world needs more people like Elon Musk who are willing to take the heat to create needed change and wake the people up! People who can't see what is going on here also need to be woken up and this is not a reference to the "woke" movement. Far from it.

Tesla, SpaceX, etc. are disrupting the world and the leader is going to be attacked regardless of his participation or not on social media. People who think this is unnecessary drama and that big change can happen without divisiveness don't understand how change actually happens.