Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to say, how are they squeezing similar amount of cars out of Fremont vs Shanghai past quarters? Shanghai has 2x the truck trailer loading cars and it seems that their logistic lot is 2x the size and being more full than Fremont's

They play “Yakety Sax” on the loudspeakers and the workers can’t help but move at 2x speed.

I was thinking about the E-stang recall today. If Ford can't get the EV Mustang even remotely right......what do we think the Hummer EV rollout is gonna look like?

I predict we're going to see a screwup very early on that's so hilarious people will think they were purposely sabotaged.

The wider market needs to succeed for the Master Plan......but these two need to just die a quick bailout-free death.

I do appreciate your consistent rah-rah optimism of late. I want you to be right as badly as I want @Unpilot to show up at my doorstep so I can try out my new catapult I just had installed on the mountain.
I have no pom-poms, merely a giant cardboard arrow pointing to the earnings, growth, and vision.

Everyone is quite crazy these days, I need to guide them into the light.

Revlon also filed for bankruptcy but stock is up 115% today. It's probably MM actually protecting put sellers today
Pretty obvious short squeezing on ELMS and REV. If you're a short on something like those, you take your profits and walk after the declaration of bankruptcy. They already made 90%+ so they don't care if it's up 115%, they are done shorting and will buy their positions out.

I was thinking about the E-stang recall today. If Ford can't get the EV Mustang even remotely right......what do we think the Hummer EV rollout is gonna look like?

I predict we're going to see a screwup very early on that's so hilarious people will think they were purposely sabotaged.

The wider market needs to succeed for the Master Plan......but these two need to just die a quick bailout-free death.

Also I'm not sure why everyone believes that the F-150 lighting is well engineered. The Mustang thermal issues were there from the start and this looks to be a second major powertrain issue.

0A8856F9-A485-461C-B41C-FD29F1408027.gif

-First company to $10t market cap in 2030s
-First company to $1t in revenue

Watch.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with that Ford ad in the lower right. I assume it's some kind of rocket reference but it looks like something more personal.

How can someone in advertising sign off on this and not see how foolish these advertisements are?
It looks like a Tesla-coil:

Also I'm not sure why everyone believes that the F-150 lighting is well engineered. The Mustang thermal issues were there from the start and this looks to be a second major powertrain issue.
It's clear the legacy builders aren't doing enough engineering and proving of their EVs. It will be interesting to see which of them survives the transition in the end.

Doesn't this describe Tesla circa 2012-2019?
No
Ha! Speak for yourself, I love high oil and gas prices!

Reg. unleaded is over $5.50 at the cheapest high-volume gas station I drive by on the local Reservation that has a sweetheart tax deal from the state of Washington. That's still too cheap for me! Now all we need is higher production of EV's so everyone can join in on the fun! Job security for Tesla's automotive division. And their solar business. And their energy storage business.

Getting rid of gas in your life is fun! We just replaced our GE Profile gas kitchen range with an all-electric Miele induction range. Highly recommended upgrade. Far better than I imagined. It's as profound of an upgrade as switching from ICE to EV and that is not an exaggeration!

This is going to sound like advertising for Miele, but I have no financial interest, I just love the product. We had a Miele radiant electric range 30 years ago and while I appreciated that it was a high-quality product, I never liked the way it worked, the user interface and the limitations it had. I didn't feel like it was a machine for a cook and didn't like using it. After that we switched to gas but now I wonder how we lived with such an archaic device. The GE Profile gas range/oven was a disaster, slow to heat up top and bottom, stinky and hot. But the heat was not where you wanted it. Bad at broiling, bad at searing and bad at slow cooking. And super inefficient. But things have changed at Miele in the intervening 30 years.

Miele only makes one standard size induction range, it's not cheap but it's really worth what you get so don't eliminate it on cost alone. The way the oven holds high heat without radiating into the room is amazing, the window glass stays cool to the touch even after hours at high temperatures which means your kitchen will stay much cooler and your electric bill will be happy. We love both the oven and the induction cooktop including the user interface which is very useable. The Master Chef modes are over-rated, don't buy it for that feature, buy it for the quality of construction, ease of use, high temperatures, even heating, efficiency, super fast warm up, versatility and lack of emissions.

The two downsides are the high price and you need 50 amp circuit.
we just need the market to realize that high gas prices mean massive tesla demand and pricing power. Sooner or later that will be obvious to even the dimmest out there.

It's clear the legacy builders aren't doing enough engineering and proving of their EVs. It will be interesting to see which of them survives the transition in the end.
Version 1 of something always has issues. The original Tesla Roadster had plenty of problems to work out like any new technology. Of course that was more than a decade ago now for Tesla, they are on version 427 by now while legacy is starting at version 1. Sucks for legacy I guess.

F-150 has some well designed features. ProPower and the inverters are very cleanly done very nice implementation. There are also a lot of nice touches on the truck which shows Ford knows what truck buyers want.

It is inefficient and I suspect on road trips charge times will be frustrating. But aside from that it seems to be a decent sophomore effort. It may well have some issues like the Mustang down the line. But at the moment it seems to be the best truck being sold right now.

At the moment there aren't a ton of vehicles in it's class.

When the Cybertruck comes out...

F-150 has some well designed features. ProPower and the inverters are very cleanly done very nice implementation. There are also a lot of nice touches on the truck which shows Ford knows what truck buyers want.

It is inefficient and I suspect on road trips charge times will be frustrating. But aside from that it seems to be a decent sophomore effort. It may well have some issues like the Mustang down the line. But at the moment it seems to be the best truck being sold right now.

At the moment there aren't a ton of vehicles in it's class.

When the Cybertruck comes out...
Let's all face it....the only reason F150 EV buyers buy them is because they want to drive around and use:

1655498811725.png

and post it on social media.

I have no pom-poms, merely a giant cardboard arrow pointing to the earnings, growth, and vision.

I expect Tesla’s total cumulative earnings discounted at a 5% annual rate to surpass the current market cap by circa-2028. That’s without any significant increase in FSD income and with Teslabot counting for zero.

In other words, if that’s so then my investment in shares today can make my money back in 6-7 years and then I’ll own a slice of the overwhelming gravy train after that.

How long it will take clueless Wall Street analysts to grasp this is unknown. However, I have now risked a third of my portfolio in deep-out-of-the-money 2023 and 2024 TSLA calls because they’ve become astonishingly cheap during this market crash and I see a high probability that earnings per share in the coming quarters will punch these clowns in the face so hard they forget what month it is.

Not investment advice.

Let's all face it....the only reason F150 EV buyers buy them is because they want to drive around and use:

View attachment 817858

and post it on social media.
This whole story circles back to the whole "Living in their head rent free" narrative.

If I'd released a truck, just about the last thing I'd want in headlines about it is my competitor's brand name.

I strongly suspect the company Ford sourced their chargers from includes the Tesla adaptor with all their chargers. I don't think Ford executives are that stupid anyhow.