Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This whole story circles back to the whole "Living in their head rent free" narrative.

If I'd released a truck, just about the last thing I'd want in headlines about it is my competitor's brand name.

I strongly suspect the company Ford sourced their chargers from includes the Tesla adaptor with all their chargers. I don't think Ford executives are that stupid anyhow.

I think it was intentional. An no this is not some standard charger they bought off the shelf.

I worked for Ford and they get exactly what they specify.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 5.33.53 PM.jpg

Reactions: JusRelax
I recall fondly not that long ago where a three day weekend was not welcome on this board.

I don't see any of those complaints today. 😂😥
So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that this weekend I've got three Saturdays in a row... in my seven Saturday week?

And, I only have to fret over the SP for four days next week?

Schweet! :cool:

Not sure what prompted the Head of Investor Relations at Tesla to post this on Twitter today.
Maybe it's nothing but I am going to take this as good news about margins. 😁

I'll be quite curious as to how Tesla handles FSD revenue this quarter. Seeing safety scores in the 80's now getting FSD beta. Tesla is quickly pushing FSD beta to all US Tesla owners that have purchased FSD. This is happening much faster than I was expecting. Given that they have pretty much delivered content/functionality complete, I can see them pulling the lever this quarter.

Granted it would only be for FSD purchases AFTER they changed the wording on the website. But that could easily add 300-400 million in deferred revenue, if not more. And considering Tesla's looking at a 350 million bitcoin hit, I would certainly welcome it. We all know Wall St media will stay silent on the bitcoin hit and report headlines such as Tesla suffers massive profit/operating margin decline. Tesla might as well use one time items such as the deferred revenue to offset the bitcoin one-time charge.

Also I really wish the huge drop in bitcoin since April 4th is from Tesla offloading a large part of their bitcoin stake........a man can dream can't he?????

Good news indeed!
Hope that doesnt stop people from paying for and installing existing heat pumps today to cut off gas consumption 2022 instead of 2024+

We just installed our system in Northern California, a daikin fit one. Will pay for itself in 9 years assuming similar gas price rise as observed since 2019, and no more gas use from our heating as of this month.

Seeing how macros managed to pull TSLA down >40% after a spectacular Q1 Earnings (and with increasing gas prices that should be raising EV stocks), I worry about the general economy more than I ever did with my TSLA investment before. I wonder what percentage of mortgages are variable rate. It would have been crazy to not get a fixed rate 15-30 year on anything purchased more than 6 months ago, but I would assume that there are owners with variable rate mortgages that may default in the next 6-12 months as rates skyrocket. Another housing crash could certainly pull TSLA down even further. Anyone know those numbers?

Hope that doesnt stop people from paying for and installing existing heat pumps today to cut off gas consumption 2022 instead of 2024+

We just installed our system in Northern California, a daikin fit one. Will pay for itself in 9 years assuming similar gas price rise as observed since 2019, and no more gas use from our heating as of this month.
Yep. Did that last year. But if the SP doesn't rise later this year, there will be no solar roof for me next year.

Seeing how macros managed to pull TSLA down >40% after a spectacular Q1 Earnings (and with increasing gas prices that should be raising EV stocks), I worry about the general economy more than I ever did with my TSLA investment before. I wonder what percentage of mortgages are variable rate. It would have been crazy to not get a fixed rate 15-30 year on anything purchased more than 6 months ago, but I would assume that there are owners with variable rate mortgages that may default in the next 6-12 months as rates skyrocket. Another housing crash could certainly pull TSLA down even further. Anyone know those numbers?

Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs) recently jumped to 10% of all mortgages from 4% as rates are increasing and ARMs get buyers a lower rate initially.
However, the 10% is still well below the 35% number we saw in 2005 just prior to the housing collapse.
At this point, we are in better shape than we were in 2005-2006.

1655508448734.png

Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs) recently jumped to 10% of all mortgages from 4% as rates are increasing and ARMs get buyers a lower rate initially.
However, the 10% is still well below the 35% number we saw in 2005 just prior to the housing collapse.
At this point, we are in better shape than we were in 2005-2006.

View attachment 817934
Also -- people getting variable rates are usually getting a 5/1 or at least a 3/1. So even if rates keep climbing, we won't see any extra defaults on that 10% for several years.