Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
r/technology bot commentators have been extremely negative towards anything Elon / Tesla for a while now. Seems everyone the bots migrated from r/realtesla to r/technology when he publicly announced his interest in twitter, or his political views. Definitely wasn't always like this.
FTFY. Change how you think, expect/accept they are bots first, I'm serious, it is out of control.

Another thing to notice is how fast the bots respond, within a second they've written an entire sentence and posted a gif. Humans can't do that and yes, I have very fast internet (thanks Starlink!).

Skipped a few pages to catch up. Not sure this has been posted.

Possible. Not probable. Probability <=2.0%?

Just another regurgitated gibberish click bate article. What's Deiss gonna say otherwise, VW is doomed?

R/worldnews hate Elon, R/selfdrivingcars hate Tesla, and R/electriccars hate Tesla.

Besides R/Elonmusk, R/spaceX, R/teslamotors, and R/teslainvestorclub, the rest of reddit can't stand Elon/Tesla.
I have been a redditor for many years in a lot of different sub forums. The hate against Elon has really picked up the last year. I get a feeling that we are observing the resentment part of Ray Dalio is happening right in front of our eyes, 28:30 here:

Elon Musk becomes the figurehead of this resentment. He is the worlds richest, he is awkward which makes him a strong candidate to be a scapegoat and he is not afraid to point out the faults in our reasonings and our model of the world, that most people subconciously are aware are there. 2:30 here

So we are observing this resentment, lots of people use reddit as a way to release some of this feeling of resentment. On reddit they can throw stones at Elon without having to risk physical harm to themselves. This feels good to them, it is a form of catharsis to release some of the pressure from the feeling of resentment. Some from corona lockdowns, some from inflation, some from general feeling of helplessness on not being able to afford their first home etc is being released by taking a piss on Elon.

It all seems worrisome until you realize most Twitter and Reddit users still live in their parents’ basement.
r/technology is like the rest of Reddit which has been an Elon/Tesla hate site for some years now. If you never go to Reddit normally you wouldn't know this but people who look at Reddit regularly are used to it.

They have been making these "competition is coming" predictions since 2014.

That's from 2013, with VW saying it'd be the market leader in EVs by 2018. That was by then-CEO Martin Winterkorn.

To be fair, he DID have an eventful 2018... he was criminally indicted over the emissions cheating scandal in the US, and 4 years later remains a fugitive of justice and is wanted by the EPA for conspiracy to defraud the US, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to violate the Clean Air Act, and 3 counts of wire fraud.

He was also charged with various crimes in Germany but last I knew his trial is delayed indefinitely for "health reasons"

Fun fact - all Wharton undergraduate degrees are a BS in Economics (Ask me how I know). It’s possible he majored in Econ, but from what I can tell, he mostly focused on Physics. He was in the dual degree program - Engineering and Business.

Forget the training lol, he could go toe to toe with any economist..
I’ll take that challenge, though not in the fields of astrophysics or rocket engineering.

That's from 2013, with VW saying it'd be the market leader in EVs by 2018. That was by then-CEO Martin Winterkorn.

To be fair, he DID have an eventful 2018... he was criminally indicted over the emissions cheating scandal in the US, and 4 years later remains a fugitive of justice and is wanted by the EPA for conspiracy to defraud the US, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to violate the Clean Air Act, and 3 counts of wire fraud.

He was also charged with various crimes in Germany but last I knew his trial is delayed indefinitely for "health reasons"
You just can't make this stuff up....

Not sure if that's sarcastic but have you looked at the prices of diesel class A units? You can get a really nice heavy 5th wheel for a real good price comparatively and spend the balance on the Tesla Semi and be way ahead. I feel like it's a decent stepping stone to electric RV's at the moment for those that want it at least.
No sarcasm. Price per kWh is phenomenal IMO.

Reactions: MadScientist23
This is good:
Amazon, Tesla among firms whose employees don’t feel mental health support

T-Mobile topped the list with 97% of employees saying the company doesn’t try to help ease anxiety, stress and other mental health issues. The firm was followed by Tesla Motors (85%), ...

I doubt they did the survey in a useful fashion. Surely the typical Tesla employee finds extreme pressure, long hours, and impossible problems to solve a fine and pleasant diversion. Among other things, it relieves them of needing to be at home where there are confusing and intractable interpersonal relationships to deal with.

You guys are really in deep denial regarding the reasons for Elon Musk’s rapidly-plummeting popularity and respect.

Over the last 3 years, he has gone from “apolitical but quietly libertarian” to radical right wing conspiracy dingdong, parroting every low-intelligence white supremacist-adjacent talking point and boomer meme. It’s sad, and it’s doing real and lasting damage to the Tesla brand.

It’s not a media conspiracy. Its not bots. It’s actual huge swaths of the populace looking at Elon’s own words and actions and reacting with revulsion.

It’s 100% his own doing. The well-deserved hate is in response to his own choices of what subjects to sound off about.

Last edited:
r/technology is like the rest of Reddit which has been an Elon/Tesla hate site for some years now. If you never go to Reddit normally you wouldn't know this but people who look at Reddit regularly are used to it.
My POV: the hate on Reddit reflects very well the opinion of all people I know here in France. I'm the only guy (vs hundreds of friends, family and colleagues) who still have _some_ respect left for Elon, and who's still an investor/supporter of Tesla (the company). I regularly browse Reddit (including the new, popular r/****cars…) and I find it representative of the current stance. It is sad and althought I do blame the media for this situation (hey, I've invested all my money on TSLA since 2012 and have read every single posts in this thread and the previous ones on TMC), I believe Elon has become the main culprit. But that's just my 2 eurocents.

You guys are really in deep denial regarding the reasons for Elon Musk’s rapidly-plummeting popularity and respect.

Over the last 3 years, he has gone from “apolitical but quietly libertarian” to radical right wing conspiracy dingdong, parroting every low-intelligence white supremacist-adjacent talking point and boomer meme. It’s sad, and it’s doing real and lasting damage to the Tesla brand.

It’s not a media conspiracy. Its not bots. It’s actual huge swaths of the populace looking at Elon’s own words and actions and reacting with revulsion.

It’s 100% his own doing. The well-deserved hate is in response to his own choices of what subjects to sound off about.

1. I disagree with plummeting pop and spect. heck, just today Yellen gave him indirect props saying go renewable! More so, not rapidly!
2. He was not apolitical or libertarian. He clearly said democratic
3. Radical? Maybe try the mirror on for size.
4. Conspiracy ding dong? Ok, you seem to be pulling at emotions here.
5. Musk is different in his thinking. I do not think parroting is applicable to him.
6. Damage to brand? Me thinks you are parroting folks like GB, an old white guy
7. Most of the world pays little attention to Elon's real actions and words. What they do hear is what is on the news snippets, real or not.
8. I'm not getting the hate from anyone I respect. Mainly from anonymous people hiding online.

The ad hominem line gets longer.

That line must get longer because they can't aregue with Musk saying Dem party is controlled by unions and that it is the party of division and hate. Elon Musk says he'll vote Republican, bashes Democrats

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿