Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this from the "eff your feelings" crowd? really?

i dont recall saying i hated anyone. (most of my friends probably think of me as an Elon fanboy)
You might not realize it, though it’s been pointed out to you before, but your posts literally ooze anger and hatred. A person would have to be as dense as a brick not to ‘feel’ that bucket of goo hanging from your neck.

What I have observed is that generally those people that think others' opinions should be silenced are those that have trouble with making valid arguments to defend why ONLY THEIR opinion is the correct one.

It's a classic narcissistic trait - people that think they are much smarter than they actually are, and when confronted, have trouble actually defending their opinions. SO LIKE ANY CHILD, THEY RESORT TO NAME CALLING AND FOOT STOMPING.

If you are so arrogant to think your opinion is the only right one, and you are not willing to engage with people of drastically different opinions to expand your and their knowledge, then you have failed on the most basic level in society as a "contributing member".
The reason I try and steer clear of political discussion online is because the world is filled with so many "Truths" that intelligent conversation about politically charged topics is nearly impossible. When two people are in a conversation about a set of events and they both have completely different and contradictory ideas of what actually happened, it is impossible to come to a meeting of the minds.

I've found that often even people who have similar beliefs to my own end up down rabbit holes where conversations go in circles due to deeply help beliefs which contradict what I see as the facts of the issue.

One bit of "Blindness" I see is Democrats want to claim that the current administration is not biased against Tesla.

Flipside, the right is often completely blind to much of the crazy things the orange one has taken part in.

Most of us live between those two extremes but it just takes a few people who's reality exists in one of the above realms to make a conversation with any sort of reasoning nearly impossible.

The sooner the purge comes to this thread the happier I am.

Don't you love these "extended weekends". Maybe this thread should just be put on pause for a bit. :D
Absolutely not. It is this extracurricular activity that showcases who each of us is, as well puts all our humanity on display so we might better understand exactly what kind of a predicament the world is in.

We are all generally ‘for’ and on the same page, and yet look at us. Just look at us.

Yes, it’s all tied to our very specific TSLA investments.

Only one solar in Az planned. I'm thinking the grey dots are Peaker Plants ("other"). I know SRP is adding more PPs in Coolidge Az.
Az Corp Commission... sheesh! I vote both, doesn't do much in this retirement state. Elderly just not buying any of it.
Grey dots are "batteries", I think. I'm looking through the source spreadsheet, and that seems to correspond to.

Short lived it seems…

See . . . it's this "framing" by the MSM of things in this manner that just plain bugs me. It has been intentionally divisive.

We all (here at least) agree we need to transition to EVs and electric infrastructure (vs. NG/oil for heating) as quickly as possible. But we all (most?) are aware that the transition, no matter how much we want, cannot occur in months, or even a few years. It will take a decade or longer to just extract enough Lithium out of the ground, build enough battery manuf facilities, and produce enough goods (EVs and stationary storage) to make the transition.

So understanding the above, AND understanding that we don't want to give the murderous dictator on the other side of the world more money to fund his killing machine (NOT hyperbolae), then what is the current administration supposed to do? Literally the only option available to them is that they have to ask companies to pump more oil, and oil-nations to pump more oil.

They can't go ask those companies to crank out more solar panels, EVs, and stationary storage and have them ready for use . . . next month. That's just not possible, not on the scale needed to put any kind of dent into oil prices.

Common sense . . . not common.

There are also plenty of counter-examples. A quick google search of anti solar state legislation reminds us that Florida (sunny red state) had a big effort to kill rooftop solar (currently defeated IIRC but could come back), as did Kansas (very red state), as does Ohio (red and getting redder).
I don't think it is simply a red/blue left/right thing.
I think in this instance, the nature of local, small-scale solar is so disruptive to the revenue model of the odd, semi-public, semi-private patchwork of utilities that exists in the US means that many utilities will fight it. Like all bureaucracies (private or public) they reflexively try to defend their turf when it is at risk of being taken away.
In addition, yes, NIMBYism exists and due to it being a local force (often applied against wind projects more than solar), it often outweighs the more-distant global good of fighting climate change ... regardless of the political leanings of the majority of people in a given area.
A lot of case-by-case work needs to be done to keep utility companies from stifling the renewables transition. I seem to recall these folks did a lot of research and work in that regard:

RMI

Not so directly Tesla-car-related, but I would still love to hear more Tesla solar discussed here. I have been waiting a long time to see that bust out bigger than it has.
Agree with your comments. The political aspect that impacts Tesla is this: California is unquestionably one of the bluest states and also has some of the best solar irradiance in the continental US. If California struggles to offer the political support and fortitude necessary for this disruptive wave of affordable and renewable energy because of (whatever), it's a headwind for Tesla energy. Surprising and disappointing to me too.

What I have observed is that generally those people that think others' opinions should be silenced are those that have trouble with making valid arguments to defend why ONLY THEIR opinion is the correct one.

It's a classic narcissistic trait - people that think they are much smarter than they actually are, and when confronted, have trouble actually defending their opinions. SO LIKE ANY CHILD, THEY RESORT TO NAME CALLING AND FOOT STOMPING.

If you are so arrogant to think your opinion is the only right one, and you are not willing to engage with people of drastically different opinions to expand your and their knowledge, then you have failed on the most basic level in society as a "contributing member".

Obvious observation: all those claiming bigotry and misinformation are actually the bigots full of misinformation. Censorship is their only hope. They love them some authoritarianism.

The battle is on and the awakening is right around the corner.

That lone maroon for in the southeast probably cost more than all the renewables and storage dots combined.
As a resident of Georgia, I’ve been paying for that maroon dot for many years now. I think South Carolina cut their losses in that project or a sister project a year or so ago. I believe that project could be used as an illustration of exponential increases, (in costs). I’m curious to know how close to the truth your statement is. I think it is quite possible that you could have left out the word “probably.”

Today, I'm bombarded on social media with:
- "crashing Tesla caught fire"
- "underpaid workers resign in Tesla Berlin"
- "Spain Model3 lemon owner gets car refunded after lawsuit"
- "Tesla Norway, Netherlands, Spain, ... Registrations drop
- "Musk trans son/daughter"
- "China region bans Teslas for 2 months"

Sighhh :/

I'm done for today. Signing off from any social media/forums/... for at least a week.

My goodness. This became my primary go to thread a while back. But man, talk about degradation. Seems like FB or Reddit in here lately.

Certified nut house. Skipped a bunch of pages to land here. Has it gotten any better? I’m afraid to look.

I think I’ll go elsewhere for a few days and see if some of the more vocal bullies go away or take a break. I think it’s time again for some pruning with the ignore button.

Dislike all you like…. :)

This is the TSLA investment thread. We talk about lots of fiscal things that effect Tesla and its financials. Why ignore this:

And this

When Tesla Q1 earnings came out and regulatory credits was $679 million which more than double previous quarter and I believe like double what anyone projected.

So yeah GM and Ford got photo opps and Tesla got $.
That was not about GM and Ford getting a "photo op". This was a slap at Tesla and Elon for not cow-towing to the administration and unions. Elon does not seek "photo ops". Do you feel he should hide in an office and quietly let events unfold?

Last edited: