Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at Cali’s “duck curve”, that 6.9GW of stationary storage would almost eliminate it provided that they are rated for four hours!

708D9BD3-B529-4FE2-828A-0501DB6FC781.jpeg

Take a rough look at the values on the left… will brownouts and the recent unreliability soon be a thing of the past?

I understand stream of conscious coming via the ‘out loud’ voice can be jarring to those who are used to tempering that voice and refraining from saying a lot of things they’d like to. In the name of polite society and all that.

No surprise here for you; meh.

As with any approach in life, there are pros and cons. Myself, I much prefer and more highly value honesty and authenticity than dishonesty (which comes in many forms) and fakeness.

I’d much rather know what somebody really thinks than to be left wondering while they talk trash about me behind my back. But obviously, that’s just me and the culmination of my upbringing and life experiences. Having that information, the truth, allows me to make decisions important to me. I can change me if I know and want to.

Others place high value on being lied to, coddled, and being kept out of the loop. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Don’t give me the song and dance about there being a right way and a wrong way to voice an opinion on a difficult topic. Obviously, knowing your audience and framing in a way they can more readily accept difficult input will keep the waters less turbulent. However, sometimes shock and awe is just what the audience needs to wake them up out of their stupor.

Elon’s audience is vast. There’s not a chance in Hell, he could address that audience and make all the participants happy. Some people don’t want to be happy, some are looking to rip on him about anything from his political views to his hair cut. So your and others’ suggestion is for him to remain silent on certain topics so as not to ruffle feathers. Shame on you. Who are you to dictate to him or anyone for that matter? And now you know why he wants to buy Twitter. So that people who believe as you do can’t shut others up simply because their stream of conscious is distasteful. And that support for people coming from someone who generally dislikes people and doesn’t give a hoot about them.

No, I don’t like everything Elon says or puts on Twitter, but then I can’t even satisfy myself about everything I speak aloud or post on the Internet. And I don’t have any conditions that cause me to not understand social situations; I mostly just don’t give a 💩.
Again, it's not me who conflates his public and private and corporate persona. Elon does that on purpose (we all remember the SEC drama about his twitter account, which nobody knows if it's "official" or not).
He likes to joke, to troll, to shitpost. He likes to vent. He likes to react to stuff as he pleases, and he does that with his 100M followers (well, probably many are bots, but anyway).
I actually think he keeps a lot of his thoughts private: he's unusually diplomatic everytime he talks about China, for example. So I don't think he's just honest to a fault, like you apparently think he his. He has his own dose of hypocrisy, like we all do.

Anyway, my issue with this is about the response I see to his behavior.
I don't think he's playing this by "first principles", honestly.
I live in Italy and I daily see a huge amount of noise regarding Tesla, and noise is detrimental to the mission. Nobody speaks abut the cars or the batteries anymore, but it's just him all over the place. Every day, on every medium. 95% is a piece on something he wrote on Twitter.

Yeah. It's bad for China. But it isn't bad for humanity. Big difference.

Elon is a smart guy, but he isn't right about everything. The BTC purchase, TWTR offer, and constant political commentary are obvious unforced errors. Maybe it is the right thing for Elon personally, but no way are these a net positive for TSLA.
You are speaking in absolutes about BTC and TWTR as if they are in the past. The TWTR purchase hasn't even happened yet.

It won't be determined for many years whether either of these were good or bad choices on Elon's part.

That is what earned your post a Disagree.

and Germany talks about turning on coal electricity generation to offset the Russian reduction of natural gas delivery Stromerzeugung: Kann Erdgas durch Kohle ersetzt werden?
That’s an unfortunate side effect of Putin’s incentives. And also temporary.
Europe is struggling with a natural gas shortage, not because the world doesn’t produce enough natural gas, but because our gas reserves last year didn’t get filled before the winter. As if Putin was planning to use natural gas as a weapon (some European storage facilities owned by Russian companies were completely empty). And now Russia delivers less and less gas, so we’re starting to panic that we’ll head to another winter with insufficient gas reserves. Spot pricing for electricity is showing extreme swings, from negative on weekend afternoons, to 46 cents/kWh tomorrowevening (add 30 cents for VAT and transport). Normal pricing 18 months ago was 4 cents/kWh. So we firing up everything we’ve got to keep the electricity on.
But this too shall pass. If utility scale wind and solar is profitable at 4 cents/kWh, being able to charge 10 times that is a license to print money. Greed will ensure that we’ll accelerate the build out of wind and solar as fast as possible. Greed will also ensure that the natural gas producing countries ship as much LNG to Europe as possible. Until it’s not needed anymore. In the mean time: ‘A la guerre comme a la guerre’.

Last edited:
This interview is very enlightening. His vision is very sharp and he has humility; the arrogance comes from his critics IMHO

Perfectly articulated his intentions for doing everything he is doing without the media spinning the narrative. For all those who are disappointed in Elon recently, please go and watch this vs reading headlines from algro generated confirmation bias fed to your newsfeed.

But what if it's your opinion that was wrong subjected to reality and logical thinking? The other person wouldn't need to change their opinion nor need the willingness
Then they can "hate" me. I should clarify that I do not "hate", rather "despise" them. For example, I despise those people who still think the election was stolen (despite there is zero evidence and many many audits).
(I expect this response to be deleted)

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and Coolio2000
Again, it's not me who conflates his public and private and corporate persona. Elon does that on purpose (we all remember the SEC drama about his twitter account, which nobody knows if it's "official" or not).
He likes to joke, to troll, to shitpost. He likes to vent. He likes to react to stuff as he pleases, and he does that with his 100M followers (well, probably many are bots, but anyway).
I actually think he keeps a lot of his thoughts private: he's unusually diplomatic everytime he talks about China, for example. So I don't think he's just honest to a fault, like you apparently think he his. He has his own dose of hypocrisy, like we all do.

Anyway, my issue with this is about the response I see to his behavior.
I don't think he's playing this by "first principles", honestly.
I live in Italy and I daily see a huge amount of noise regarding Tesla, and noise is detrimental to the mission. Nobody speaks abut the cars or the batteries anymore, but it's just him all over the place. Every day, on every medium. 95% is a piece on something he wrote on Twitter.
I didn’t say he was honest to a fault. I said I placed higher value on honesty than dishonesty. Different.

I’m not a member of the Chinese government, therefore I don’t value political posturing, butt kissing, tip toeing, bush beating, or whatever is expected of foreign business persons. That Elon knows how to play that game, decided to play the game on our behalf, and then played the game better than any businessman in the history of the game is applause worthy, not condemnation worthy. He beat them at their own game and look at how we all benefited from that?

I understand you’re concerned about what other people think about him. You shouldn’t be as he appears not to care, even though he’s the one taking the personal attacks. If he wants to conflate all his Sybils, have at it Elon. It’s his life to do as he sees fit.

The Mission is going to be just fine. Elon and his not-working from home teams are going to beat them all; fossil fuel and energy industries, media, government, and WallStreet antics.

OK sports fans, time for a quick check on Team Tesla so far this season. Surprisingly, their record is near .500, and they have won 6 out of last 10, but they have been massively outscored by the dreaded Bears so far this season. There have been several health issues with the team lately that are now in the rear view mirror, so hopefully their season will start to turn around.

Season
Record:57-59
Total margin of wins:1,657.48
Total margin of losses:-2,048.22
YTD gain/loss:-390.74-37.0%
Price/52 week high52.3%
Best Win:143.00Jan 3
Worst Loss:-121.60Apr 26
Last 10:6-4
Streak:W1
Avg margin of victory:29.08
Avg margin of defeat:-34.72
Avg Volume:31,836,514
Avg Volume of Last 10:31,967,714
Avg High - Low:52.34
Avg H - L of Last 10:37.37

.... Both report that they are not buying Tesla's due to Elon's comments.

Just sayin'
Do you happen to live in an area with a particular leaning political bias? Is it possible that in an alternate neighborhood with the OPPOSITE leaning that the last FOUR people are buying BECAUSE of Elon's comments?

Just sayin'

I know this will get dislikes, but we don't know this necessary has NET negative impact yet...