Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only one chapter of that book talked about the Corvair.

That anti-capitalist nut, Ralph Nader, documented numerous practices by the auto industry that put profits over safety. Are you an anti-capitalist if you advocate for basic safety features like seat belts?

Elon has often talked about how it is unethical to equip his cars with anything but the most advanced safety features. Tesla goes the extra mile to improve safety, even at the expense of profits.

Tesla has the same philosophy as Nader and I'm proud to invest in a company that truly puts safety first.
The problem back then was that Ford had tried putting seatbelts in a few years earlier. Many people thought (or at least asked) the Fords were less safe so they needed seatbelts. People are more educated about safety today, though there are still many who only put on the seatbelts to stop the chimes. (e.g. They don't get in the car, buckle up, then start driving. Rather they get in the car start driving and only buckle up when the chimes sound. And some people still defeat the chimes--though that's getting harder to do.)

So 775 pre- “super bad feeling job cuts” is the target?
I'm eyeballing $1000 "Shanghai is shut down" target. I mean... Shanghai is no longer shut down right?

After that... maybe revisit the "Elon is selling shares" level? Elon isn't going to sell 10% of his holdings again any time soon is he?

As these fears subside, shouldn't the lack-of-effect on the company be reflected in the SP?

I see now why Musk wanted a bulldog legal team. The frivolous lawsuits keep coming:

I did some digging into this, and I don't think Tesla's layoffs count:

Specifically, page 5:
WARN criteria.jpg

The Reuters article says the suit claims more than 500 employees were laid off in Sparks, NV. Be interesting to see if Tesla actually did less than 500 during any 30-day period or not.

I have 2 data points: 2 kids, no grandkids. Seems real, and when you get a feel for what they think is important, whoa!!!
Elon talks about it regularly. I read the book "Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline" (Amazon kindle). I was pretty sure that someone suggested this book on this forum. China is in deep trouble. We have 3 kids, 3 grandkids; not doing our part.

So, you're saying Ford still has a chance?

I was driving in traffic today in front of a Mustang e-thing for several miles, I kept looking back at it through the rear camera……….main thought was I wonder if he’s looking at my S thinking he made a big mistake. (Used male pronoun since I think most women are smart enough to avoid Fords.)