Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TI (Texas Instruments) just sent me their latest tech update. Heavily EV skewed and I'm sure it's tailored to me, but this is all about the transportation migration. They may have taken the bait on LIDAR needs depending upon what their Engineers were reading back then.

To summarize:
1. Charging Infrastructure.
2. "Lidar Applications"
3. Precision Current Sensing (Battery life cycle testing)

1655909615250.png

Same in Az, I heard nothing. Lucky for us, Allstate is dishing out $85K for the Model Y based upon replacement costs for a new '23 LR with FSD and all upgrades - we can't complain.

When is 4680 Model Y avail to order and where? Is it for Tx only residents, or east vs west coast???
Austin made will go to east coast. Fremont will go to west coast. Arizona orders are likely coming from Fremont.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL
CPI should be considered a lagging indicator.
Crude oil price is the real time indicator the market should follow.

I hope the oil price goes down so ICE drivers start to have some extra money to put a down payment on a Tesla and able to make the payments if they finance it ;)
Indeed. We don't need oil prices to stay sky high. Demand was quite solid all the way down to $60-70 barrel.

If it were hovering around $80-90/ barrel maybe it would take the brakes off the economy a bit and macros would improve while still making gas expensive enough people will put Teslas at the top of their list.

That said. I think the longer it stays up over $100, the more deeply committed people are to "My next car will be an EV".

Is Fremont going to be making the LY SR?

Do Kato Rd and Austin have the same amount of 4680 capacity and they are updating both sites to try and achieve scale?
IDK, but would make perfect sense for transportation costs if nothing else. And if not Kato, somewhere around there would be the ideal, at your local battery packing location.

Yeah, but if the "new orders per week" simply does not slow down, what're ya gonna do? Tesla have the most detailed data on orders, far more detail than we do. As soon as new orders slow down, they can think about bringing down the prices.

Gasoline at $7.11 isn't helping either.

Remember also these new high prices only apply to new orders, the oldest unfulfilled orders are still delivered at where the prices were at 11 months sgo or whatever. And... as soon as they reduce the prices, they're lowering all prices for orders over that price.
I still think this last bit is wrong. I believe they won't lower existing prices at all. Instead they will continue to layer features on top of the Model Y and Model 3 to make it worth the price. New models such as the Model Y AWD will be introduced at lower prices while the top end Model Y and Model 3 are kept at the higher prices. People who want to capture those lowering prices will have the option to keep their full price vehicle with an increasing number of bells and whistles or move down the price ladder.

We still haven't seen a Model Y with LFP cells in the US. Lots of room for more models above and below the existing. Much like a certain phone maker started making more models once it grew large enough, Tesla can easily start making more models to fill out their Model Y product line with more and less premium versions to retain those reservation dollars.

Yeah, but if the "new orders per week" simply does not slow down, what're ya gonna do? Tesla have the most detailed data on orders, far more detail than we do. As soon as new orders slow down, they can think about bringing down the prices.

Gasoline at $7.11 isn't helping either.

Remember also these new high prices only apply to new orders, the oldest unfulfilled orders are still delivered at where the prices were at 11 months sgo or whatever. And... as soon as they reduce the prices, they're lowering all prices for orders over that price.
PLEASE do not repeat that $7.11 falsehood. Not here.

Last edited: