Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha-ha, that's great! That's the same time I was mopping up shares, from $250ish ($50) down to $210 and then I held off as it fell further unable to believe my good fortune. For the first time in years I was watching the ticker every day, all day, ready to make the biggest TSLA purchase of my life. I knew it was already a screaming deal but I didn't know how far it was going to fall and I wanted to maximize my buying potential. Then I doubled my position on June 4 at $189 ($38) as it looked like it had possibly formed a bottom so I let her rip! I also bought a bunch of call option for less than a dollar each that ended up appreciating over 1000 fold. Unfortunately, I sold more than half of them when they had "only" appreciated 100 or 120 fold. 🤣

And good job on coaching them to hold! 2019 was a year when I saw far too many TSLA 'bulls' sell just because they were so relieved they were back in the black and the stock had more than doubled. People said things like "You can't go wrong selling a stock for twice what you paid for it", and other illogical things. I tried to spread the word about holding tight with a "Gorilla Grip(tm)" with all their shares, not selling a single one, as it looked like this was a big breakout to unbelievable new highs, but so many people had itchy trading fingers. The financial media has trained the public to think you make money by selling a stock when it become "fully valued" instead of by letting the growth happen. Some argued it was the smart thing to do to sell just a portion of their holdings (at prices as low as $80). I tried to reason that even selling a small amount would compound to huge loses over time and that the stock had so much momentum it would likely keep going up based on that alone, if not continued performance by the company.

I'm glad it worked out for you and your family, fun times! And for those who still have large positions, there will be more fun times ahead! Cheers to all the hard-working crews at Tesla that made it all possible!
And this is by far the greatest value I have extracted from this forum (other than an outlet for my incredibly wittiness). Hold on. Business is solid. Be patient. We all be rich(er).

I have sort of the reverse......parents grew up and raised me on low middle class wages. They've lived very modest their entire life. I make sure they're living like rock stars now. Their frugality tends to make it hard when try to get them to look into upgrade homes and things like extravagant travels/excursions.

"Just accept the first class tickets to Australia Dad! I don't care if you think Economy plus is enough leg room for you!"
Can relate. Old school, middle class and very proud in-laws. Just bought them a new TV and cabinet (respectively 30 & 40 years old - both on the fritz). I literally told them if they didn’t go buy it (and I’ll pay for it), I’d buy it for them and I couldn’t guarantee they’d enjoy my taste in choice for their twilight years. I got a text the next day; ‘Ok, thanks for the warning us, the new TV and cabinet arrive next week.’

Last edited:
Soooo, from the TA side apparently everything got rejected at resistance today. Cory has capitulation numbers up for the entire market(except Tsla...so I am thinking Tsla may just hit a triple bottom or something). Tomorrow could be the day everyone is waiting for.
Ok, we'll see.

The last time Cory had a strong opinion as to near term moves was on April 7. Cory was pretty sure TSLA was about to go on a big run, or at least more sure than he usually is. SP closed at $1,057 that day. I'm not trying to knock Cory. He seems like a good guy who knows what he's talking about.

He may be correct this time, but IMO he's just as likely to be wrong. Just like anyone who tries to predict short term SP moves.

Ok, we'll see.

The last time Cory had a strong opinion as to near term moves was on April 7. Cory was pretty sure TSLA was about to go on a big run, or at least more sure than he usually is. SP closed at $1,057 that day. I'm not trying to knock Cory. He seems like a good guy who knows what he's talking about.

He may be correct this time, but IMO he's just as likely to be wrong. Just like anyone who tries to predict short term SP moves.

He has been pretty reluctant to call for capitulation but today's price action changed his tune. We will see, he is hoping he is wrong too..lol.

Soooo, from the TA side apparently everything got rejected at resistance today. Cory has capitulation numbers up for the entire market(except Tsla...so I am thinking Tsla may just hit a triple bottom or something). Tomorrow could be the day everyone is waiting for.
"The day everyone is waiting for".... To buy more shares below 600? Or the start of the Bull run back to ATH? Which Day are we talking about?

I don't know exactly what the solution for endurance is, perhaps removable battery packs is the way to go.

There's a reason why world-class cyclist sprinters like Mark Cavendish win the long, flat stages on le'Tour (and not the mountain stages). They sit in the middle of the pack for 6 hrs, then sprint to the finish line in the final 3 km. The race is usually decided in the final 200m, sometimes right on the finish line.

EVs in a Daytona 500 style race could work together the same way: Team cars rotate into the pits continuously to recharge, while always keeping some cars at the front of the pack so the Team Captain can draft. Then they uncork the beast for the final sprint to the finish.

EZ peasy, Lemon Squeezie. ;)

Last edited:
There's a reason why world-class cyclist sprinters like Mark Cavishish win all the long, flat stages on le'Tour. They sit in the middle of the pack for 6 hrs, then sprint to the finish line in the final 3 km. The race is usually decided in the final 200m.

EVs in a Datona 500 style race could work together the same way: team cars rotate into the pits continuously to recharge, while always keeping some cars at the front of the pack so the Team Captain can draft. Then they uncork the beast for the final sprint to the finish.

EZ peasy, Lemon Squeezie. ;)
That's not quite right. Those flatter stages are sprint stages, intended for sprinters. On a Tour type event there are many races in in a single stage, you have sprinters, climbers, youngsters and ofc the GC. Sprinters do jack *sugar* except hold on for dear life, their teammates breaking the wind for them to keep them from being dropped from the peloton all so they can race at the end if its a sprint finish stage. If its not and is instead a climbing stage, they basically just hold on at the back of the pack the WHOLE race, well until there's a sprint section or not. Sprinters can tally lots of stage wins but that ain't nothing next to a GC win, well not nothing but its not the stuff of legends. Since I was nitpicking... here's a fun vid of Sagan my fav sprinter.

Last edited:
Loving all the cycling analogies.

I occasionally follow TDF, mostly a mountain biker, but I understand the references.

I do about 2-3 long road rides every year and one of them is always the Willamette Pass ride. A fantastic, scenic stretch of highway which they plow 3 weeks before they open the road and make it available to cyclists exclusively until the 3rd week in June. If you go the whole leg from McKenzie Bridge to Sisters and back it’s 80 miles and about 7000 feet of climbing. This year we did a cheater route which was only about 30miles/ 3500 feet but the full trip is well worth it and you can tune it to your level of skill comfort.

IMO one of the best cycling segments on the west coast. Double so for cyclists who hate riding with cars like myself. My wife came along on her ebike which made it more awesome.

1655961078696.jpeg

1655961014394.jpeg

Perhaps you meant "quickest"? The SSC Tuatara holds the fastest production record at 316mph. The Plaid S is quicker in the 1/4 though.
Yeah but the Tuatara isn’t fully homologated, so it’s not included in the official record

Koenigsegg still holds the top speed record and will one-up it with the Jesko Absolut, and they might take the acceleration record with the Gemera If Rimac doesn’t beat it while qualifying as a production vehicle

Mod: Here endeth this discussion. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
1655964060695.png

Imo this is a bit underdiscussed. So Tesla currently can do 2M+ annual 3/Y and could probably do 3-4million. I take it they see demand for 3-4M and plan on saturating this demand. I assume they might need some expansion for this, but maybe just spinning up each current factory from 500k to 750k and shanghai at 1M will do it. Scaling this seems much more straight forward than adding $25k car, Robotaxi or Cybervan. And profit should be crazy high with current prices and even if they come down, costs will also come down with scale.

Let’s assume they end Q4 around 500k/Q runrate, how long will it take them to ramp to 750-1M/Q? End of 2023?

Like Elon said, S/X/Plaid etc are fun high profit products. But where they will make most money is from high scale of Y and 3. Also this is best for the enviroment and for FSD. $25k might be cheaper, but it’s a restart of the ramp and it will take time for it to pay off, as long as they can keep pushing 3&Y they will likely just focus on that.

Imo we already see the demand for this given high prices and long wait times. So rather than to complicate things with new models, imo it seems likely that Tesla will just copypaste their current production lines.