Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that Aldrich Batista guy sure does post some good content. Just found this infographic while looking at some of his old posts. Good for when you need to debunk the next round of FUD on vehicle fires.

99301426b774def982a13027568d7346bafc9f61041ebd0b1b5d77dd1d4592db.png
I'm not sure how old this graphic is but it implies that there's only about 200k electric vehicles sold. Is there more to this like this is only from one manufacturer or is it super old, like 7+ years ago? I guess when stuff like that shows up in a graphic I start to question the data behind it as it doesn't seem to add up.

While it's still weekend...

So like that, @jbcarioca as a member is gone.

To me at least, for the last 5+ years hanging out here, @jbcarioca was a rare member with unique perspectives which no other could have provided and he shared here generously and frequently and therefore, the value of this thread was enhanced vastly during his tenure here.

Certain (maybe just one?) members with special privilege have an uncanny "talent"👿 of driving away the most valuable contributors. Such contributors have exceedingly high signal-to-noise ratio. But nobody is perfect. I hate to speculate loudly why certain special member(s) is extra sensitive and harsh toward occasional "transgressions" from such contributors, while let some prolific trolls slide day in and day out. In an ideal world, such valuable contributors should be granted special privilege/immunity. Alas, I guess all good things must come to an end :(
Did we really lose jbcarioca? Can someone try to contact him in private?

If true, it will be yet another significant loss to this forum/ thread. I'll reserve judgment on why until we confirm.
I can't find his name when doing a member search. I don't post much but this is disheartening if true. I liked jbcarioca's insights and perspectives, it's definitely a loss for the forum if he's gone. Anyone know what happened?

Did we really lose jbcarioca? Can someone try to contact him in private?

I was in a private discussion with him since June 12th because he was giving me all the insights of the multiples companies he acquired owned and sold over the years to help me with the one I am acquiring. His name now turned white and is listed as guest. Did not have the time to thank him enough for all the insight and help he gave me. Really a great knowledgeable member.

Perhaps this site needs a disclaimer of potential discussion with certain trigger words? Warning would include warning to readers that such things might take place and that posters might shut down sub topics.

I think Numbers trigger some folks here, that could be added to "the list". These things don't trig me, but I understand others can be obtuse. I don't take sides on such things as I don't have an angle.

What else triggers people here?

Any tweet might have effects in our TSLA investment in the short term. When Elon decided to become political with some tweets it might have increased the amount of political posts here. However I don’t blame Elon for this week end since he was off Twitter and political stuff caused our own demise by losing jbcorica. The other thing deepest intrinsically intricate is all the Twitter purchase discussions with the tweets have on effect on TSLA short term. It all leads to media FUD and short term movement however it might not have that much effect as an investor long term.

On of the biggest trigger Insee around here is a subject on his own: Critics of Elon political related tweets

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed

don't be fooled by TMCs interpretation/summation of the link.

Is EA selling electricity at or below cost on purpose or are they just slower than Tesla to adjust pricing?

Could affect the so called supercharger advantage.
They are 100% charging lower rates and eating the losses for some reason. It's a VW subsidiary, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them do this as an attack on Tesla etc.

Interesting, was thinking Tesla already had too much demand..

Quicker delivery perhaps…

Medium term plan must be that all Shanghai output never leaves the continent. They want to ramp that factory to 1.5 million / year or maybe more and sell everything as close to on the spot as possible. Need to stoke demand for the future which is probably only 18 months away as Berlin and Texas ramp.

If this is true, I wish some of these improvements would trickle down to EAP. I’m tired of the errant ‘Forward Collision Warning” on the same stretch of 2-lane road a mile from home.

EAP is of course explicitly not intended to be used on such a road (per the owners manual), so that would explain why it's not working as well as you'd like there.

That's unlikely to change, at least on HW2.x cars with EAP, since the "fix" is to be running the city streets FSD code that IS intended to be used on such roads, which would require HW3.

I agree. I am about to leave for a long road trip and would love to have auto lane change. But $6k for auto lane change is ridiculous. If they offered it for $2k I would buy immediately.

Compare a Tesla wo/EAP vs. one w/ at $6k more, or let’s say $60k vs. $66k. No comparison for people who do a lot of highway driving (like me, almost 7 years in an S 70D with EAP).

I can't find his name when doing a member search. I don't post much but this is disheartening if true. I liked jbcarioca's insights and perspectives, it's definitely a loss for the forum if he's gone. Anyone know what happened?
He was part of a discussion that was off topic, as I was. I don’t remember that he started it I think he just replied. There was a strong mod blast about going off into the weeds. I suspect a man in his position isn’t used to being talked to in that tone. Perhaps we all could take a break from aggressive responses.

Medium term plan must be that all Shanghai output never leaves the continent. They want to ramp that factory to 1.5 million / year or maybe more and sell everything as close to on the spot as possible. Need to stoke demand for the future which is probably only 18 months away as Berlin and Texas ramp.
So if this theory is correct, it would mean Tesla is quite confident in ramping the factories!

People that can't handle criticism don't offer anything to me. They should stay away. I want my investment ideas to be sharp, if I disagree and am wrong, I want to be corrected, whether it is my idea, reasons, or conclusion. Similarly, if others have ideas, reasons, or conclusions I disagree with, I want to dialogue with them in order to help or sharpen my own stuff. That is how I (we) advance. If someone is weak willed and can't handle such things, they should not bring such things forth to a public forum.

As far as banishments: Ain't my forum, ain't my rules. Anyone with concerns about those terms should make sure to keep valued writings apart from here so they can be accessed later. I'm glad I did this years ago, took my own stuff to a "blog".

I've never met an online friend IRL so they (you) are really all imaginary to me. Full story not there, much like a fantasy. Easy come, easy go.

OK, I lie. I met one person unintentionally at an industry event. He was an a whole.

The people that are on here the most----> I tend to picture them along the lines of [fat guy on computer meme].

As far as dislikes??? Ah, I recall someone saying if some things don't fail you aren't trying enough.