Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon just hit 90m followers on Twitter.

80m to 90m in an incredible 30 days! Buying Twitter will have helped more than a little.

Previous were:

80-90 in 30 days (2 April 22 to 2 May 22)
70-80 in 79 days (Jan 13th 22 to 2nd April 22)
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days

Obama is #1 at 132m.

Elon making 100m will be a big news story in a month or so.

Elon just hit 100m followers on Twitter.

90m to 100m in 55 days. Elon was probably unfollowed by several million during this period making it an uphill battle. Also, Elon hasn't tweeted for going on 6 days. Small possibility that Elon is making a point to the TWTR board that he could take his business to his own platform?

Second fastest milestone so not exactly slowing down.

Previous were:

90-100 in 55 (3 May to 27 Jun)
80-90 in 30 days (2 April 22 to 2 May 22) - Purchase of TWTR announcement
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days

It’s somewhat interesting, when the stock price rises and FOMO kicks in, the stock price targets do the same and get rises higher and higher, when we are in the midst of a bear market, even when the company is increasing profits, margins and the growth story stays stable, they cut the price target for some speculative higher cost of production. Analysts didn’t realize the cost of the vehicles increased of 15-20% to compensate for the increase in cost for parts production?

orkbykz9l6891.jpg

Wait, what? That was me. I didn't mean my rebuttal to be sharp or argumentative, I knew he was probably just rattling names off the top of his head. And, as matter of fact, at the time I wasn't even conscious of responding to JB. I was just responding to the post.

Edit: I see I can't @jbcarioca, so he must have deleted his account. JB, if you read this you have my apology. I will also gladly leave the forum for your return. You contribute WAY more than I do. I'll be happy to just be a viewer.
It was late when I saw his mention and some post were already gone - I'm not reading everything these days. :rolleyes:
I doubt you caused anything, and thanks for putting that honesty out there.

JB, always welcome, come back when ready. I used to think that The Rolling Stones were on their last tour. Bazinga ;)

I presume the current process is something like this:

1. Driver takes just completed car off end of assembly line, onto test track, parks at charger.
2. Another driver moves car from charger when it’s finished and parks it in the parking area ready for carrier pickup
3. Upon car carrier arrival, several staff load cars onto carrier.
4. Carrier driver leaves with vehicles.

Maybe instead in futrue it will look like this:
1. Driver takes just completed car off end of assembly line, onto test track, parks straight onto carrier trailer, awaiting tesla semi to arrive.
2. Tesla Semi arrives, attaches trailer - moves to the double decker charging rack where the Semi as well as all the cars are charged simultaneously.

That seems like a big reduction in needed manpower, and if they need to charge the Semi anyway, then might as well use that same time and idle semi driver to plug in the cars on the trailer also.
Future looks like:
  1. Car drives direct to your home town and texts you to advise that it has collected it's first RT customer payment on your behalf
Or preferably:
  1. Car drives direct to the town with the fewest RTs and texts Tesla to advise that it has collected it's first RT customer payment on your (TSLA shareholder) behalf
  2. Car then automatically plugs in at Supercharger to assist grid (V2G) and make yet more $ for Tesla

That’s a bit narrow of a view. Many will not consider job openings in states with abortion bans out of principle. Also need to consider these employees have sons and daughters and will want to preserve their ability/right to decide when to become mothers/fathers. Also need to consider progressive males are likely to consider such things when weighing job offers in different states as well. Wife and I started the process to gain Portuguese residency (eventually citizenship) a week ago. Not specifically because of this issue, but because of the general eroding of democratic norms, including the peaceful transfer of power, and the loss of civility and ability to effectively govern here. We will spend our early retirement living the bulk of our time in Europe. I doubt we are alone. I’ll leave it here for my part as this is not the place for an in-depth discussion of these larger geopolitical discussions.
No, not ‘many’. People have to make a living, put a roof over their heads, food on the table etc…. And while currently the job market favors those looking for employment, that won’t last forever.

People who love being part of a union won’t even bother to go apply at a union shop. Instead, they go work at Tesla and then try and get it unionized. People are inherently lazy and much prefer to take the path of least resistance.

3,000,000 applications in the past year. I assure you, this current state of affairs isn’t going to be a problem. Additionally, Tesla has factories in other states and other countries, so anyone who just can’t see themselves living and working in a state that doesn’t allow easy access to abortions can go work at one of the other factories.

You know what people also inherently do? Dream up the most awful scenery possible and then assume that’s how it turns out. It rarely, if ever, turns out as bad as a person can imagine. You should know this having been a forum member since 2016. The world has ended no less than 831 times in that period right here on this forum. Brexit anyone? COVID? Fire!

You go do you, but don’t think that means you speak for the majority. And don’t assume the current climate is somehow static and won’t change, for perceived better or worse.

I'm not sure how old this graphic is but it implies that there's only about 200k electric vehicles sold. Is there more to this like this is only from one manufacturer or is it super old, like 7+ years ago? I guess when stuff like that shows up in a graphic I start to question the data behind it as it doesn't seem to add up.

The source of the graphic is Gas vs. Electric Car Fires [2022 Findings] | AutoinsuranceEZ.com which says it was updated Jun 20, 2022

and say they pulled the data from these sources

1. NTSB Docket - Docket Management System
  2. Hybrid-Electric, Plug-in Hybrid-Electric and Electric Vehicle Sales | Bureau of Transportation Statistics
  3. Recalls.gov
  4. News & Research | NFPA

Elon just hit 100m followers on Twitter.

90m to 100m in 55 days. Elon was probably unfollowed by several million during this period making it an uphill battle. Also, Elon hasn't tweeted for going on 6 days. Small possibility that Elon is making a point to the TWTR board that he could take his business to his own platform?

Second fastest milestone so not exactly slowing down.

Previous were:

90-100 in 55 (3 May to 27 Jun)
80-90 in 30 days (2 April 22 to 2 May 22) - Purchase of TWTR announcement
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days

Elon thinks 90% are BOTS anyway ;)

$744/745 seems to be what "they" are defending for the last 30 plus minutes. Very little effort needed to cap at the moment. Spoofing orders to sell from 300 to 1,000 shares have been successfully capping the stock.
Even though TSLA popped above it a bit ago, $735 clearly being targeted - lots of spoofing, a sell order for 1,000 shares has been doing the trick (once again).

Why does Tesla need an App Store? This is why. Apple does nothing but skims 30% of every purchase off the top and they make more money than everyone else who works hard to make the actual product.

Some of us know him. I doubt that deleted post was a contributing factor.
I agree. My very, VERY close friend jb has told me that what you write is exactly the case, and he is exasperated - perhaps appalled is a better word - at how some of you have been reacting to his departure.

And, changing the subject, just as frustrating is how YOUR post regarding the experience of labor unions in France has been ignored by several, who rather would demonstrate their own ignorance by posting garbage.

Anyone here remember the last time @jbcarioca spoke to someone in a negative, disrespectful tone? How about the moderators?

We have head by the moderators own admission, this is NOT a democarcy. There is NO free specch here.

How often do we need to hear " MY thread".
NO.
It is OUR thread.

Just because you made the first post in the random year, that it was decided to keep it running, it is YOURS?

So my questions are?
Does a moderator here have ownership in this board?
Who owns TMC?
Where is the transparency over how things are moderated?
Do the moderators review why so many knowledgable people have left over the years, and if they played a role in that?

I used to contribue financially here, but refuse to do so unitl there is way more transparency.

Yeah @jbcarioca left on his own, but is that the whole story?

Modertion is random. If there is a tangentially related topic ie. new version of FSD coming and so and so is going to download it, that seems totally fine.
But twitter, covid, political stances that have DIRECT and indirect influence on share price, forget it. Why?

PERSONAL bias of opinion.

That is not good moderation. Good moderation tries to remove themselves from opinion. That is just bias.

I have been here a decade and the quality of posts have declined immensely. It's a mess of random stuff. Losing another great member sucks.

The "C" in TMC used to stand for something.

Last edited:
Anyone here remember the last time @jbcarioca spoke to someone in a negative, disrespectful tone? How about the moderators?

We have head by the moderators own admission, this is NOT a democarcy. There is NO free specch here.

How often do we need to hear " MY thread".
NO.
It is OUR thread.

Just because you made the first post in the random year, that it was decided to keep it running, it is YOURS?

So my questions are?
Does a moderator here have ownership in this board?
Who owns TMC?
Where is the transparency over how things are moderated?
Do the moderators review why so many knowledgable people have left over the years, and if they played a role in that?

I used to contribue financially here, but refuse to do so unitl there is way more transparency.

Yeah @jbcarioca left on his own, but is that the whole story?

Modertion is random. If there is a tangentially related topic ie. new version of FSD coming and so and so is going to download it, that seems totally fine.
But twitter, covid, political stances that have DIRECT and indirect influence on share price, forget it. Why?

PERSONAL bias of opinion.

That is not good moderation. Good moderation tries to remove themselves from opinion. That is just bias.

I have been here a decade and the quality of posts have declined immensely. It's a mess of random stuff. Losing another great member sucks.

The "C" is TMC used to stand for something.

The mods were NOT amused when I tried to start a new thread :)

But I just realized, I was Nostradamus in Jan 2021:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 12.11.06 PM.png

I think for the sake of the TSLA stock gods, I should be allowed to start a new thread.

No, not ‘many’. People have to make a living, put a roof over their heads, food on the table etc…. And while currently the job market favors those looking for employment, that won’t last forever.

People who love being part of a union won’t even bother to go apply at a union shop. Instead, they go work at Tesla and then try and get it unionized. People are inherently lazy and much prefer to take the path of least resistance.

3,000,000 applications in the past year. I assure you, this current state of affairs isn’t going to be a problem. Additionally, Tesla has factories in other states and other countries, so anyone who just can’t see themselves living and working in a state that doesn’t allow easy access to abortions can go work at one of the other factories.

You know what people also inherently do? Dream up the most awful scenery possible and then assume that’s how it turns out. It rarely, if ever, turns out as bad as a person can imagine. You should know this having been a forum member since 2016. The world has ended no less than 831 times in that period right here on this forum. Brexit anyone? COVID? Fire!

You go do you, but don’t think that means you speak for the majority. And don’t assume the current climate is somehow static and won’t change, for perceived better or worse.
You think the 500 most innovative female engineers in the world are inherently lazy and seek the path of least resistance?

These people can go anywhere they want and work for any company they please. Yes 1/4 of them are already not willing to work in the US, but you can't deny we just lost another 1/4.

To me Tesla is about giving these people the space and freedom and permission to truly to innovate, and yes there's a line around the block. So in that sense the spots will be filled. It would just be nice to not lose a huge chunk of literally the absolute top handful of candidates we want.

Much like this site, we already got enough white boys.