Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This will help to increase EV demand.
It's all of 30 stations and it $0.20/kWh. While good to see movement, this is a bit slow.

"Homeowners and landlords who either own an electric vehicle or plan to own one in the next 12 months can submit a request for one of 30 curbside charging stations. The city plans to install the level two stations early next year. "

Could be shipping issues out of China. Should be resolved quickly.
Regardless of why, at the moment it means more higher ASP/ presumably higher profit vehicles out the door at end of Q2.

Their logistics and fulfillment is like a giant juggling act. I hadn't really thought about the fact that all of their LFP cells are shipped from China and have to deal with the Chinese port logistics. It's good they don't rely on a single supplier the way Ford and GM do.

Let's see how fast "Jan-Apr" estimate delivery turns out. Used Tesla inventory is nearly cost of new!
Same exact vehicle, Blue with white seats, tow, and FSD. Gonna protect the front paint this time!

1656573034278.png

Mobileye is not collecting video clips from customer cars. Video object recognition in customer cars is being used solely to make maps.

They have employees driving test vehicles for collecting video clips for AI training. Tesla has therefore about 1000x more access to training data.
This is actually incorrect. Although Mobileye isn't collecting video clips from the almost 2 million OEM cars with front cams & EyeQ4, EyeQ5 with rem harvesting.

They are collecting videos as needed from their surround 360 cam supervision Zeekr 001 cars in china though. There are over 20,000 Zeekr 001 in china.

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3
What NOW?????????????
FFS. Sick of this crap.
View attachment 823001

I can't understand why people dislike low prices... My biggest wish is that we can just have one last year with stupidly low prices so i can keep adding to my position while the expected returns are higher than ever. I guess if you are very leveraged with margin or have short term calls that's fair, but for everyone else red days should be celebrated, not detested, like i feel they are for most people today 😁

One part of the 4680 ramp is a manual process which is tricky to master.

They showed yield rates for various lines at Kato Rd sometime ago, one line with very poor yields was new staff for the Austin lines training.

It is likely that the process needs, vision, dexterity, speed, timing and concentration.

I had a thought last night, why not try to train Optimus to do this job?

It is likely that the speed, concertration and fatigue are no issue for Optimus.

Sure this is a tough challenge, but it will stretch the boundaries of what Optimus is capable of.

The advantages in terms of ramping cell production at new factories are odvious.

I'm very interested to know more on this topic. I thought that there was basically no intervention required by humans in the 4680 process at all? I'm talking about cell production, not pack assembly here. Every video I have seen of the 4680 process has shown robots and automation, without a human hand or face in sight.

Regarding optimus: I think the real value here will be unpackaging and unloading components. Its likely that individual car components from 3rd party manufacturers arrive in a variety of vehicles, and wrapped a variety of ways. I think the first we will see of optimus in a tesla factory will be something simple and boring...but fiddly and variable. Specifically grabbing items from the back of trucks, unpackaging them and placing them in packs or on conveyors. There are already primitive robots that can move boxes around, but not bipedal ones that can climb into the back of a semi and go grab a thing.

I can't understand why people dislike low prices... My biggest wish is that we can just have one last year with stupidly low prices so i can keep adding to my position while the expected returns are higher than ever. I guess if you are very leveraged with margin or have short term calls that's fair, but for everyone else red days should be celebrated, not detested, like i feel they are for most people today 😁
Nada dry powder and my couches are empty.

Any news for the macro drop?

Probably mostly End-of-Quarter Window-dressing/firesale. But this is a bit of news on the Economy due out in just over an hour:

THURSDAY, JUNE 30
8:30 amPCE inflation (monthly)May--0.2%
8:30 amCore PCE inflation (monthly)May0.4%0.3%
8:30 amPCE inflation (year-over-year)May--6.3%
8:30 amCore PCE inflation (year-over-year)May4.8%4.9%
8:30 amReal disposable incomeMay--0.0%
8:30 amReal consumer spendingMay--0.7%
8:30 amNominal personal incomeMay0.4%0.4%
8:30 amNominal consumer spendingMay0.4%0.9%
8:30 amInitial jobless claimsJune 25230,000229,000
8:30 amContinuing jobless claimsJune 18--1.32 million
9:45 amChicago PMIJune58.060.3