Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And those that purchased in the last year are likely down on that trade...

Interestingly, if you purchased TSLA exactly one year ago, you are up 0.5% on that purchase right now!

I can think of a lot of ways your investment capital would not have been in as happy of a place!

Just a little perspective.

Got a TL;DW summary?

I like that he did this, seriously. But an 75 minute video? Guy would get a LOT more views if he learned the Rob Maurer method of being information dense and succinct.
From what I remember of the original unedited video he posted on his Patreon:

The can is ultra strong and tough, probably made of stainless steel. Quite the departure from past cylindrical cells. This is undoubtedly due to their structural battery pack design. They weren’t sure if they used the Dry Battery Electrode process to make the cathode and anode BUT they found that each layer was significantly thicker than past cells, so likely they are using DBE. The cells are quite complex in their internal guts, more so than past cylindrical cells. They appear custom designed to work in a specific pack architecture, which makes perfect sense, and that’s an obvious optimization for Tesla to do, and something they can now do since they make both the cells and the pack.

Chemical analysis, and energy estimations will come later.

My brain says yes……but 2021 showed me that no matter how right you are in terms of Tesla executing…..Wall st has an amazing ability to cap it over a long duration. So essentially you’re gambling on the timing of the breakout.

I didn’t sell my leaps/calls at the high point but mostly got out of them on that second rebound with some pretty good gains before April hit
I was burned too hard on the drop so I'm sticking to 2024s still. Trying not to be greedy.

Proxy vote email received from Schwab.

Interesting number of shares. 4B. That allows for the proposed 3 for 1 split, but will need another increase for next time.

At least I feel like I did something positive today. All out of powder so I can't take advantage of the SP.

Yup, got mine (and voted it) from Fidelity this morning.

The share thing was already discussed when original proxy info came out-- I agreed at the time it was odd, Tesla seems to be going out of its way to give as much warning as possible for any given split, which seems counter to the narrative of the "they do this to jack up the shortiez!" folks.

I was burned too hard on the drop so I'm sticking to 2024s still. Trying not to be greedy.
I definitely didn’t get out unscathed. Even though I made a good gain on all the leaps I bought all throughout early/mid 2021, my portfolio is still down 60% from the highs of Nov (when those leaps were extremely valuable)

From what I remember of the original unedited video he posted on his Patreon:

The can is ultra strong and tough, probably made of stainless steel. Quite the departure from past cylindrical cells. This is undoubtedly due to their structural battery pack design. They weren’t sure if they used the Dry Battery Electrode process to make the cathode and anode BUT they found that each layer was significantly thicker than past cells, so likely they are using DBE. The cells are quite complex in their internal guts, more so than past cylindrical cells. They appear custom designed to work in a specific pack architecture, which makes perfect sense, and that’s an obvious optimization for Tesla to do, and something they can now do since they make both the cells and the pack.

Chemical analysis, and energy estimations will come later.

I skimmed it. I found it funny they were complaining about how "dry" the cell was after they opened it up.

Are we the only ones that read+study the Battery Day materials? I'm pretty sure that part of the process for the new cells, in addition to DBE, was to reduce total liquid electrolytes.

I skimmed it. I found it funny they were complaining about how "dry" the cell was after they opened it up.

Are we the only ones that read+study the Battery Day materials? I'm pretty sure that part of the process for the new cells, in addition to DBE, was to reduce total liquid electrolytes.
They tend to expose themselves at times like this when they try and do analysis on something that they’re clearly not the expert on. Sandy’s insight is great for some manufacturing aspects but Tesla has quickly moved past some of their areas of expertise

Was it? I thought DBE was unrelated to electrolyte. DBE is the process step that takes the cathode material (nickel, manganese, cobalt, lithium) and squishes/mixes/chemically bonds them together to make something that can be laid on the aluminum collector film. The normal process is to make a liquid slurry of these elements, smear them on the aluminum and then bake it in ovens to drive off the solvent. You then construct the jelly roll and THEN you squeeze in the liquid electrolyte once everything is in the can. DBE doesn’t change that part of the process (injecting liquid electrolyte into the can). Now, I’m not a battery expert and I could be completely wrong here, so let me know.