Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM and Ford must already have crack AI vision/LIDAR teams. I put on my best reading glasses and I still couldn't see they had a booth. Or maybe they have already solved autonomous driving but are waiting for the Hummer and F-150 Lightning to reach high volume production before releasing it? 🤪
Going to be a while at least for the Hummer waitlisters. Maybe Mary Berra should be on the line to help get them up to 24 Hummers a day. 🤣🤣🤣

General Motors Slowly Ramps Up Electric Hummer Production Auto maker has a waiting list of 77,000 but is making about 12 a day, trailing pace of similar offerings from Ford, Rivian

GM continues to lead. 12 Hummers per day with 700 people This is 400+ hours per vehicle. A typical auto factory builds a car with 15-20 hours of labor per vehicle. Ok a luxury car will always be more but I doubt they exceed 50 hours per vehicle.

They blame the slow output on batteries (who would have guessed). Expect Hummer output to increase later this year with insourced batteries from the factory in Ohio.

GM continues to lead. 12 Hummers per day with 700 people This is 400+ hours per vehicle. A typical auto factory builds a car with 15-20 hours of labor per vehicle. Ok a luxury car will always be more but I doubt they exceed 50 hours per vehicle.

They blame the slow output on batteries (who would have guessed). Expect Hummer output to increase later this year with insourced batteries from the factory in Ohio.
400 hours is $32,000+ in labor alone for these beasts. Clearly not going to be a high margin vehicle in spite of the price tag.

It's like the trifecta of suck: Inefficient, Overpriced, Unprofitable! (they toss ugly in for free!)

The truck race is seemingly going to be a weird contest where there are 4 tortoises and one hare. Only the hare is likely going to crush it since it's an open ended race.

Have to wonder what they are doing for 400+ hours to make it. Is the frame made with an erector set?

Can anyone help? I can't understand what information to provide to Tesla for the annual shareholder's meting raffle. Here's Tesla's requirements:

2. Eligibility. Each applicant will be required to submit proper evidence of stock ownership as of June 6, 2022, which must be one of the following and must show the name of the stockholder:

For “stockholders of record” on June 6, 2022,

• a “Notice of Internet Availability” or paper proxy card that was sent to the stockholder; or
  • a statement of ownership from Tesla’s transfer agent, Computershare, confirming stock ownership as of June 6, 2022.
For “beneficial owners” on June 6, 2022,
  • a notice regarding the 2022 Annual Meeting received from the broker, bank or other organization through which shares were held; or
  • a “legal proxy” document from such organization indicating the stockholder’s authority to vote the shares at the 2022 Annual Meeting; or
  • a statement or letter from such organization confirming stock ownership as of June 6, 2022.
Anyone got any idea what sort of PDF Tesla is asking for? My stock is in a Fidelity account. I think I fall into the "stockholders of record" group.

I asked Fidelity for my proxy and they sent me a control number.

Reminds me of this gem

kiyosaki_crash_calls_2021-2048x967-1200x567.jpg
Never underestimate the motivation and power of self-interested politicians to create a bigger problem for everyone in the more distant future, in order to win an election in the near future.

That is what Dr Doom does constantly underestimate. But it doesn't make his analysis wrong.

I believe Tesla deliveries to South Korea come from Fremont. Logically it would make sense that this is the same adapter they would/will use in North America but that they haven't rolled it out here because of the legacy cars that don't have CCS support. So more work and bigger commitment to support it here. My guess is it will be supported here at some point.
Thank you.

My portfolio seems to be pretty stable lately omitting the fact that I have been pumping money from my bank account to my investing account every 2 weeks like crazy.

Bullish signal: just received a text message from my friend who last bought TSLA 1 year ago at 850 and sold at 600 3 months later to buy back lower before it went to 570 and skyrocketed to 1200.

He just watched a Burry video on why the SPY went down -20% and offered the argument there is no reason why it won’t go -60%. My friend sold 50% of his portfolio today out of panic.

Every time he sold, the market started climbing again. He is the best retail investor in the buy high sell low special league. Brace up everybody, we are in the making of capitulation and we will see reversal soon.

GB on tweeter keeps putting out stuff that looks good for 2nd half of the year (subject to your own interpretation). I sure would love a nice turn around.

I do not trust my intuition at this point, have no great finger on the pulse of the market (which makes reading each of your armchair economist reports so dreadfully painful). I do think that there are several things going on in the world that impact big picture things: Geopolitical (geOlogIcaL political), Post covid new world order (return to a new normal), and some US based us vs them crap shoved down our throats. My expectation is that as these things get sorted out and more of a certainty returns, the markets will bottom and we take a while to return to new normal. When? that is the 64K questions. At the earliest, I think there is still a few more months of pain.

Where I think GB is too bullish is only looking at the current year. His tweet puts out that 2022 first half has been horrible, one of the worst. But the tweet points out how the 2nd half of the year works out. I don't think this is sufficient, especially in the current climate. I think you gotta look out further. If these times worry you, do a search, and find how the market has done in following years. My sense of things is that bad periods, which falter quickly, are followed by better times. Search this out, and own it for yourself.

What does it mean? These are great times to be buying the market for the long term, hopefully TSLA specifically. But you gotta look out long and be able to sit.

Additional perspective: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Ok, so for my education, I had to add to GB chart, and look at the following year, the year after the data points he shares.

prez.PNG

Last edited:
Never underestimate the motivation and power of self-interested politicians to create a bigger problem for everyone in the more distant future, in order to win an election in the near future.

That is what Dr Doom does constantly underestimate. But it doesn't make his analysis wrong.
Never underestimate bears abilities to predict 9 of the last 4 crashes to the day!

My portfolio seems to be pretty stable lately omitting the fact that I have been pumping money from my bank account to my investing account every 2 weeks like crazy.

Bullish signal: just received a text message from my friend who last bought TSLA 1 year ago at 850 and sold at 600 3 months later to buy back lower before it went to 570 and skyrocketed to 1200.

He just watched a Burry video on why the SPY went down -20% and offered the argument there is no reason why it won’t go -60%. My friend sold 50% of his portfolio today out of panic.

Every time he sold, the market started climbing again. He is the best retail investor in the buy high sell low special league. Brace up everybody, we are in the making of capitulation and we will see reversal soon.
"Michael, give me my money back" never seemed so appropriate.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I don’t agree that this is an advantage. What you’re capturing here is the relative convenience of ICE refueling vs EV charging. From that point of view, my Model S is much more convenient than an ICE car because it charges up completely as I sleep. The only time I have to charge on the road is during long trips where superchargers are a welcome 20 minute break.

Many people seem to think we need thousands of charging stations like gas stations but that’s not the best solution.
The most convenient outcome for drivers of the future will be charging points all over the place. Home, work, mall, grocery store, parking lots, light poles. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow the charging is if you’re off doing something else while it’s charging.

Get out, plug in, and forget about it. No special trips to charge or fill up.
It’s still an advantage. Your argument is that other advantages outweigh it. That does not make it disappear as an advantage. It merely means it is an advantage that is outweighed for those owners who have home or work charging and do not travel too frequently.

And in fact it is those advantages that are the main reason nearly every single ICE owner I’ve talked to, is reluchant to buy an EV.

I own a Model S, but recently took my cousin’s gas car on a trip. It was an advantage not having to plan stops, but merely pull over every 400 miles for 5 minutes with zero forethought.

Once again claiming that the advantage for some of being able to charge at home can be argued to OUTWEIGH the more ubiquitous, quicker gas station infrastructure. But it CANNOT be argued it makes that advantage DISAPPEAR completely. That would be equivalent to claiming an EV competitor with a much larger public charging network, that outputs 5 MW from 0 to 100% would not have an advantage, because according to you a larger faster network is not an advantage at all.

They were not going to do insane end of quarter push efforts anymore (at least that is what we were told last year). Hmm...what changed. Hmm...
A publicly traded company is graded quarterly. Musk cares about breaking records and showing naysayers Tesla can do the impossible. If you don't give everything you got, MSM will take a miss in _________ and runs with it. In fact even when they try their hardest, MSM still spins their efforts into a negative way. At least this mitigate lots of it.