Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were not going to do insane end of quarter push efforts anymore (at least that is what we were told last year). Hmm...what changed. Hmm...

What changed? How about China shutting down Shanghai? The Ukraine war? Massive supply chain problems that were supposed to be over by now?

I hate it when people take something someone said a year ago and hold them to it now as if nothing had changed in the meantime to make that statement void.

"Michael, give me my money back" never seemed so appropriate.

Careful friend...he's no idiot like Gordon Johnson or that ilk. He doesn't need the money and is only investing his own ( I believe). Just listen to what he says and make your own decisions. I think the best strategy is HODL for Tesla as even a short 2 year window should be powerful but I'd listen to his thesis at the very least.

Vegas Loop is now accepting payments https : //lvloop.com/tickets (intentionally delinked because TMC software is brain dead and wants to mangle the link if I leave it whole)

$1.50 for a single ride and $2.50 for a day pass

also the resorts world station is open on days a convention is happening

FWhtyG2UAAA__60

"Today marks a monumental moment not only for our resort, but for Las Vegas," Scott Sibella, president of Resorts World Las Vegas, said in a statement. "Our passenger station will make a visit to our resort from the Las Vegas Convention Center easier than ever, and eventually connect us to key destinations throughout the city."

"In addition to offering our convention customers direct access to Resorts World’s world-class hospitality and entertainment, this milestone is an important step in the development of a game-changing transportation solution in Las Vegas," Steve Hill, president and CEO of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, said in a statement.

Last edited:
It’s still an advantage. Your argument is that other advantages outweigh it. That does not make it disappear as an advantage. It merely means it is an advantage that is outweighed for those owners who have home or work charging and do not travel too frequently.

And in fact it is those advantages that are the main reason nearly every single ICE owner I’ve talked to, is reluchant to buy an EV.

I own a Model S, but recently took my cousin’s gas car on a trip. It was an advantage not having to plan stops, but merely pull over every 400 miles for 5 minutes with zero forethought.

Once again claiming that the advantage for some of being able to charge at home can be argued to OUTWEIGH the more ubiquitous, quicker gas station infrastructure. But it CANNOT be argued it makes that advantage DISAPPEAR completely. That would be equivalent to claiming an EV competitor with a much larger public charging network, that outputs 5 MW from 0 to 100% would not have an advantage, because according to you a larger faster network is not an advantage at all.
Planning stops in a Tesla, just means setting the Nav to the next Supercharger, or your hotel/motel/B&B/RV park/etc if it's the last leg of the day. It's not as if it requires any real thought. And in the areas where SCs are few, there are also fewer gas stations and some of them are not open 24 hours.

• Helpful
Reactions: PeterJA

Oh brother. The competition is coming AGAIN.
This guy calls himself an auto analyst, and he does not seem to know much.
And, he does not seem to read the memo that Tesla owners are not abandoning the brand when in fact Tesla owners are the happiest bunch!

What changed? How about China shutting down Shanghai? The Ukraine war? Massive supply chain problems that were supposed to be over by now?

I hate it when people take something someone said a year ago and hold them to it now as if nothing had changed in the meantime to make that statement void.
I'm thinking Twitter. With the exception of the Shanghai shutdown none of that was news. Ukraine was Q1 news, supply chain roiling was discussed in depth in prior management call and they explicitly stated that it would not be fully resolved even next year (battery), and Tesla was clearly moving quarters in advance to address battery issues. The Shanghai shutdown is just more reason not to push from my way of thinking- known event and save mustard for Q3. If Tesla falls to $500 or even less it would be a wrench in the Twitter deal. At some point they need to stop and just stop. Maybe they think they have enough production ability to blow q3 out of the park?

In a macro related sense, both Robinhood and Schwab invited me to join their stock lending program in the past few days.

What a coincidence?

Not sure whether it’s related to my high concentration of TSLA in these accounts or it’s just bears scavenging everything.

I joined just to see what would happen, and I promise I would exit the programs at just the right time to help burn them well.

In a macro related sense, both Robinhood and Schwab invited me to join their stock lending program in the past few days.

What a coincidence?

Not sure whether it’s related to my high concentration of TSLA in these accounts or it’s just bears scavenging everything.

I joined just to see what would happen, and I promise I would exit the programs at just the right time to help burn them well.
They gonna lend your shares out to get shorted.

Oh brother. The competition is coming AGAIN.
This guy calls himself an auto analyst, and he does not seem to know much.
And, he does not seem to read the memo that Tesla owners are not abandoning the brand when in fact Tesla owners are the happiest bunch!
Can't help but think GM's y/y EV comparisons will look fantastic next year after the previous 9 months of ridiculously low volume. Sorry legacy auto fans, but when you ship 500 EVs in a quarter posting 500% growth is not impressive.

Careful friend...he's no idiot like Gordon Johnson or that ilk. He doesn't need the money and is only investing his own ( I believe). Just listen to what he says and make your own decisions. I think the best strategy is HODL for Tesla as even a short 2 year window should be powerful but I'd listen to his thesis at the very least.
On the contrary, I don't think Burry is an idiot at all. The problem with short sellers is they make their careers calling one Big Short that pays off huge and then they spend the rest of their lives calling a crash every year and hoping it comes true. And Burry's Big Short only paid off huge because the greedy banks caused a global financial crisis which almost ended modern capitalism, how often does he think that will happen? Historically, the stock market has only ever gone up if you move your time horizon out longer than a year or two. This is why Chamath Palihapitiya told CNBC "[Jim Chanos] only makes money once a decade, I make money the whole decade."

Planning stops in a Tesla, just means setting the Nav to the next Supercharger, or your hotel/motel/B&B/RV park/etc if it's the last leg of the day. It's not as if it requires any real thought. And in the areas where SCs are few, there are also fewer gas stations and some of them are not open 24 hours.
Gas stations haven't had to be open 24 hours a day since the 1980s (or whenever internet and card readers became common in your locale).

I still remember the first time I was in the middle of nowhere in Iowa in a one red light town and needed gas at 2 am. The only gas station was "closed" but the pumps were on and my credit card worked and I drove away with a full tank.

It was a game changer in mentality for me. I never feared running out of gas in a random state in the mid west or in the major cities I knew. Every pump I've been to since worked for me by credit card no matter the status of the building or lack of a building next to the pump.

Yes, I once got gas at pumps that had a reader but no store. Just pumps on a concrete pad off the side of the road.

You've supercharged at superchargers that don't have a store associated with them haven't you? Why would you expect gas pumps to work so differently than superchargers?

Bullish signal if these logistics apps can improve, maybe radically, the world's supply chain issues thanks to internet access via Starlink.

Edit: Here's a nice primer about what could be affected with global internet access in the supply chain. The Role of the Internet in Supply Chain Management

Last edited by a moderator: