Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting too.

Mary led!

Ouch
View attachment 823433

Tesla loses about 20% of it's Q1 number in Q2 due to Shanghai lockdown and we fret about it all quarter.
GM loses about 20% of it's Q1 number in Q2 and they drop it on shareholders the day after the quarter ends.
The pain and suffering we must endure 🤕

Tesla loses about 20% of it's Q1 number due to Shanghai lockdown and we fret about it all quarter.
GM loses about 20% of it's Q1 number and they drop it on shareholders the day after the quarter ends.
The pain and suffering we must endure.🤕
HideousGrayBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

Tesla loses about 20% of it's Q1 number in Q2 due to Shanghai lockdown and we fret about it all quarter.
GM loses about 20% of it's Q1 number in Q2 and they drop it on shareholders the day after the quarter ends.
The pain and suffering we must endure 🤕
And no cnbs headlines yet
… stock is up 2.7%

This isn't rocket science. Quintuple the money supply of the default world currency and you will have world wide inflation.
Strikingly, over half of this increase (53.9%) can be attributed to fatter profit margins, with labor costs contributing less than 8% of this increase. This is not normal.

Anyone have a direct link to Johnna Crider's podcast/interview with Elon? She simply tweeted a link to her website, but personally I can't get to the interview from there. TIA.

Johnna Crider on Twitter: "My interview with @elonmusk is now live. Listen here https://t.co/2KyziRFIEA https://t.co/EQwUmQmUqL" / Twitter

Happy Canada Day! Bonne fĂŞte du Canada!

Did she record it underwater?

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Last edited:
That's got to be a paid article. What a nitwit.
PSA, for anyone who is new-ish to this type of journalism...nearly all are paid marketing articles. For those of us who've been here awhile, it is par for the course and it will continue until the competitors (ICE and oil mainly) have no marketing money left.

Hasten back 10 years to the Model S launch and you could have read this exact article, but it might be titled "The competition is coming". In 10 years, what competition has actually arrived? Q2 Tesla should breach 80% US BEV market share, Q3 could breach 90% with Austin ramping and more Fremont cars staying in the states due to increased output from Berlin and Shanghai. There is simply no car that can compete, but I hope one comes along one day as it is good for the mission.

I didn't read this, as others have, to spare the rest of us the hardship, however, if this article is just forecasting an opinion, that is spun to sound like fact, than it is exactly what I expect it to be.

These 'journalists' get even more money to make *sugar* up and/or miss facts (cherry pick data), then spin an outcome based on that. This is the FUD that deserves to be broken down and brought into the light. Case in point from 2013 was Broder (who didn't realize how much detailed data Tesla could get from his drive in real time), but he is now a NYT senior editor who has sat comfortably on the editorial board since 2018.

And, yes, Broder's article is STILL on the NYT website.

When the 10yr rate was approaching 3%, TSLA, and other growth stocks, were getting hammered because of a belief that growth stocks are bad because of reasons. Now that the rate is retreating well below 3%, why aren't growth stocks like TSLA soaring? Makes me think those reasons were more voodoo than anything else. It never made sense to me that a stock like TSLA that is growing like crazy would get punished like that just because of a fraction of a percent rise in an interest rate.

When the 10yr rate was approaching 3%, TSLA was getting hammered because of a belief that growth stocks are bad because of reasons. Now that the rate is retreating well below 3%, why aren't growth stocks like TSLA soaring? Makes me think those reasons were more voodoo than anything else.
The stock market isn’t completely rational. Meaning human emotions of fear and greed get thrown into the mix.