Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who said the Fed acted quickly? Our relative strength is far more about oil & gas than any central bank actions.

It is gonna be a sweet few years tho. Global oil prices should crumble real fast and we'll likely pop right out of this recession with a great job market and a renewables push.

Good times ahead. Is it in 6 months or next week tho?

The other major strength of the US is technology. If you look at R&D spending, the US has left most other western countries in the dust and continues to widen the gap. Hell, California alone spends more on R&D than Germany, Britain and France combined!

Energy prices are going to remain high through the winter though. European gas inventories are declining at time when they should be rising, and in BTU terms are more expensive than oil, so expect demand to remain high just from product substitution.

The fed took to long to act, but is still also acting quicker than everyone else. Japan is sleepwalking into a currency crisis and the ECB might be the dumbest central bank in the world.
Meh. Recessions are far less painful on regular folks in Europe compared to the US. Unemployment never crossed 4% in Germany during the "Great Recession".

Their problem is quite clearly an energy reliance issue, not rates. Quite temporary and may not exist by mid-September. Putin likes money too.

This'll be a good exercise for them. A rapid mobilization to 80% renewables + storage. A Tesla fan should like this accelerated move to sustainability and 100% EVs.

Meh. Recessions are far less painful on regular folks in Europe compared to the US. Unemployment never crossed 4% in Germany during the "Great Recession".

Their problem is quite clearly an energy reliance issue, not rates. Quite temporary and may not exist by mid-September. Putin likes money too.

This'll be a good exercise for them. A rapid mobilization to 80% renewables + storage. A Tesla fan should like this accelerated move to sustainability and 100% EVs.

Yes, unsurprisingly an American property bubble popping hurt the American economy more than the German economy which was being propped up by the ECB at the expense of the rest of Europe.

European unemployment rates are persistently ~double the US level.

9C2C3B2E-3C6A-4B6D-AF8A-334D3B375A99.png

The economic gap between Europe and the US is widening.

GoJo is on CNBC with Gene Munster being interviewed about TSLA. Munster keeps laughing at the insane things GLJ is saying. Of course they gave most of the time to the financial genius Johnson. No one is buying Teslas any more so their production is down. There isn't any other reason for that is there? True ignorance must be bliss.

Wow, how many false article headlines can there be in one morning stating that BYD is crushing Tesla in electrics, when in reality Tesla sells more EVs and BYD sells a bunch of hybrids? Not to mention that it wouldn't even matter if it was true since Tesla has a long wait list and can sell as many as it makes for years anyway.... :rolleyes:

GJ and Gene Munster were just duking it out on CNBC. The scariest part about GJ is how emphatically sure of himself he is, in comparison to Gene, who is more appropriately measured. If I was tuning in for the first time, I’d say GJ looked like he ‘won’ the debate despite what he said was completely misleading or patently false. Not good for the SP.

Edit: madodel beat me to it

GJ and Gene Munster were just duking it out on CNBC. The scariest part about GJ is how emphatically sure of himself he is, in comparison to Gene, who is more appropriately measured. If I was tuning in for the first time, I’d say GJ looked like he ‘won’ the debate despite what he said was completely misleading or patently false. Not good for the SP.

I guess it is easy to be absolutely certain about the insane garbage one spews when one is as stupid a shill as GLJ Research.

Come on, California...

unusual_whales
@unusual_whales
·
46m

California has approved a plan to tax the electric vehicle battery metal lithium to generate revenue for environmental remediation projects, despite industry concerns that it will harm the sector and delay shipments to automakers, per Reuters.
This has already been discussed and actual sources provided here:

GoJo is on CNBC with Gene Munster being interviewed about TSLA. Munster keeps laughing at the insane things GLJ is saying. Of course they gave most of the time to the financial genius Johnson. No one is buying Teslas any more so their production is down. There isn't any other reason for that is there? True ignorance must be bliss.
This is why I wont watch cnbc, read their site, give them any clicks.
A simple, trivial, kindergarten level analysis shows that GoJo is a complete idiot, or a paid shill, and yet knowing this, they continue to give him a platform. Screw CNC, they are either incompetent, or corrupt. Probably both.

The fact that CNC pretends to be reporting financial news is shocking to me. Its pretty much open fraud at this point. Just total, and utter fraud. I look forward to Q3 financials and, likely around Q4 financials, when we see the companies idiots like gojo support starting to collapse into bankruptcy. This idiot needs to see just how wrong he is, and CNBC viewers need to see just how awful and corrupt that organisation must be.

Wow, CNBC edits out Munster's response and just posts a video of clown's lies and proclamations, without Gene's rebuttal.

Come on, California...

unusual_whales
@unusual_whales
·
46m

California has approved a plan to tax the electric vehicle battery metal lithium to generate revenue for environmental remediation projects, despite industry concerns that it will harm the sector and delay shipments to automakers, per Reuters.
WTF?

Tax the environmental SOLUTION in order to generate revenue to fix the environmental PROBLEM?

California is completely backward. So instead of taxing oil refining or something like that, they tax the new clean energy side. Bunch of brilliant folks they have running the show over there.

Wow, CNBC edits out Munster's response and just posts a video of clown's lies and proclamations, without Gene's rebuttal.

This is a clear sign it's time to buy, last chance folks... but maybe not. It's TSLA ;)

Max Pain indicates interest around 700 this week. But lots of 800 calls there still, so we'll see.
"The truth lies somewhere between the two extremes." (My Dad used to always say that, lol.)

1657029074386.png