Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this was widely posted here. Updated with Ford which did well for the last quarter.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.58.40 AM.jpg

Will with this market this makes total WTF... +60% to +70% - on NO news that I can find.

Faraday Future Intelligent Electric Inc​

Can someone please explain? /s

Faraday Future skyrockets on a potential short squeeze | Seeking Alpha · 25 mins ago (NASDAQ:FFIE)

Last edited:
Volatility is one thing ...
but inflation to recession all happening at the same time is unique ...
This is an observation more than anything, so people please don't take this as a sky is falling. The lead up to 08 had higher than normal inflation where the Fed raised rates into recession. The covid recession was its own thing, so the most recent lasting recession was similar in that regard.

Since this was widely posted here. Updated with Ford which did well for the last quarter.

View attachment 824966

The much ridiculed 700 Rivian sales don't make sense to me: in Q1, Rivian built 2,553 vehicles and delivered 1,227 (InsideEVs). Besides 700, the table above also has 1,400 for H1.

What am I missing? I swear I didn't smoke or drink anything funny.

I'm super curious what law says that?

I mean, charging while driving is literally what regen does... or how many hybrids work too.
As I recall, using a not on-road certified combustion generator on-road is a federal emissions violation.
A pusher trailer (to regen) is also not allowed.
Solar/battery may be ok, depending if FMVSS cares

The Workhorse W-15 truck had an integrated range extender based on a BWM.

It really doesn't matter if Rivian's number is 700 or 2300. Unless/ until they can consistently hit 1000/ week the company is irrelevant and likely as not, doomed. They can't even hit their most recent downward production goal of 25k vehicles unless they get in that ballpark. They need to start cranking out 500 vans/ week just to meet their obligation to Amazon.

You mean to end the quarter with even higher production than if they didn't do the upgrades? Such a rumor SHOULD raise the SP, not push it down.

So it's bullish that Tesla designed its new German factory so poorly that they need to shut it down three months into operation because Elon/the company is unhappy with each car spending 3 minutes at each manufacturing station?

They spent $1bn+ to open this factory and didn't bother to design the line properly?

It really doesn't matter if Rivian's number is 700 or 2300. Unless/ until they can consistently hit 1000/ week the company is irrelevant and likely as not, doomed. They can't even hit their most recent downward production goal of 25k vehicles unless they get in that ballpark. They need to start cranking out 500 vans/ week just to meet their obligation to Amazon.
My personal thought is that Amazon won't let them be doomed, but a path to profitability looks incredibly tough... and they probably have the best path of all the American EV upstarts. Auto manufacturing is a tough business that people simply think is easy because 'Tesla did it!' without understanding what it took for Tesla to actually do it.
I feel like I could put together an EV company to make 100k Amazon vans pretty easily. What's the hold up? They're vans! It's a box with a single drive unit and no bells and/or whistles.
It seems to me that Rivian has really poor buying power for components and has outsourced way too much giving it a higher than industry average reliance on the supply chain.