Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They might just be waiting for a model of car without a steering wheel to better accommodate the passengers and avoid inadvertant steering input. (this might be as easy as retrofitting the existing Boring fleet in use there)
I think the steering wheel or some other critical link between it and the tires can be physically uninstalled. Or the wheel can probably be locked in place. Maybe this is what you meant by retrofitting.

Tesla Network is general will need to have some solution for this because Master Plan Part Deux says that regular consumer cars will be able to join the network, not just dedicated robotaxis. This indicates that Tesla almost certainly has been planning for some method of deactivating human control while in robotaxi mode.

The other major problem is the CCP could shut down/confiscate Giga Shanghai at any time for any reason. One of Elon’s tweets rubs chairman Pooh the wrong way? No more factory for you.
One day the CCP could even prevent Tesla from selling and servicing their BEVs in some of their provinces. /s

@ZachF, Do you have the same concerns over Apple which manufacture 100% of their products in China?

Tesla's Shanghai GF is the envy of the World, taking just 12 months from ground breaking to production, Austin GF and Berlin GF taking 50% longer to complete, and slower to ramp than Shanghai GF. Why would the CCP want to jeopardise their global prowess?

Tesla is good for China, and China is good for Tesla. China, with an addressable BEV market more than 2X that of the US and growing, is necessary for Tesla to complete their Mission statement. After all, we are all in this together.

I think the steering wheel or some other critical link between it and the tires can be physically uninstalled. Or the wheel can probably be locked in place. Maybe this is what you meant by retrofitting.

Tesla Network is general will need to have some solution for this because Master Plan Part Deux says that regular consumer cars will be able to join the network, not just dedicated robotaxis. This indicates that Tesla almost certainly has been planning for some method of deactivating human control while in robotaxi mode.
I was thinking more along the lines of steering wheel/column and pedals removed and a trim piece installed in the dash to cover where the column entered.

In complete agreement with you on Robotaxi, but in the tunnels there are many advantages to having that extra space for ingress/egress/comfort of passengers as the vehicle won't likely have a dual-role operation application.

The other major problem is the CCP could shut down/confiscate Giga Shanghai at any time for any reason. One of Elon’s tweets rubs chairman Pooh the wrong way? No more factory for you.

We get it: You're afraid of China. But now you're just spreading FUD.

There is zero chance that ANY Chairman of the CCP drives off substantial foreign investment in China and REMAINS Chairman.

Last edited:

This place lately has been a mistery. I've seen a dramatic decline of post contents from posters that used to say a lot of valuable things in the past. Quoted post is only an example, but this actually borderlines a trend.

What happened? Just read it again and tell me, what happened. So, they just flip a switch, change the logos and see ya?

I am not an expert in foreign policy but I don’t think that is how CCP would operate to attract foreign investors. They might have some shady business practices for déclaration in revenues like with saw with the China Hustle SPAC documentary but confiscating a whole foreign factory might not be the event with the highest probability in the near future

They might just be waiting for a model of car without a steering wheel to better accommodate the passengers and avoid inadvertant steering input. (this might be as easy as retrofitting the existing Boring fleet in use there)

It's not the presence of a steering wheel, its the absence of the airbag. Otherwise there's an ez fix:

8fc494e9-159f-45eb-b2a6-4be4bdea8200.jpg

...In other news, Rivian up 11% today after confirming they are on track for 25,000 BEV production for 2022.

Tesla is on track for 1,500,000 BEV production for 2022. So using Rivian's current market cap of $26B shouldn't Tesla have a comparible market cap of $1,560B now for its BEVs, not including the dozen or more other ventures of Tesla, from Energy storage, to Solar Roofs, FSD, Optimus, etc. Asking for a friend.

I imagine he responded for the same reason you posted - because he wanted to. 🙄
Demonstrations of the uselessness, or worse, of a platform for which one has offered many tens of billions of dollars are not conducive to gaining either the respect of the world’s money managers, or the trillions of dollars they hold in fiduciary trust.
Just who is it you think will continue to invest in - and prop up - the shares of a company in which so many of us had the foresight to place our own trust and funds? “Elon is Elon, take him or leave him” paraphrases how you have responded in the past. It also answers why TSLA is not in the portfolios of many otherwise obvious investment portfolios and THAT - not “FUD-beguiled Market Makers” - is why its share price holds the pitiful P/CF and P/E it does. Too many sobersided, perspicacious yet responsible money managers cannot invest thusly.
Me? My own horizon differs; also, I can bear mercurial executives, non-comprehending clients as well as market buffeting. But Big Fish, representing countless trillions, cannot.

Well, I was right and we went green before I got my pants on, but clearly wrong pair. Back to the closet I go.

A swack of open Call options at $700. Contract holders need to drive up the SP to execute them. Simple as.

TSLA.2022-07-06.09-32.Hi.png

Then the bears are unopposed until the SP gets too juicy for the whales...

TSLA.2022-07-06.09-49.Lo.png

Rince. Repeat. Exfoliate. :p

EDIT: WTI Crude oil continues to slip.

CL1:COM​

Generic 1st 'CL' Future​

95.84 USD/bbl.​
-3.66 -3.68%​

NASDAQ is flat; TSLA is down. China FUD pays its way for shortzes (via BoomICEberg) :p

Last edited:

Interesting timing. Pure speculation:

Pope: Yo, Elon, need to run an idea past you. Need to know if you can pick up the slack.

Elon: Sure, I need to swing by IDRA anyway. OK if I bring the kids?
Excellent. I hope many of you took the time to listen to Dr Hayhoe's talk I linked back in April - inspring and thoughtful. She, by the way, is a very evangelical Christian and I would be quite amused, as well as pleased, were she and Rome to share each other's ear.