Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting...thank you. So basically what the US should be doing, but won't, because we are greedy and stuck in the past. Until one day all those greedy old people are dead and our generation …
That’s what we thought in the sixties. Turns out all that happened was that most of our generation turned into greedy old people.

Meh. Shenanigans are infinitely more possible when Elon dumps millions of shares into the float. Hence MM's we're able to do anything they liked with us til now.

It's my understanding that's unlikely to happen again any time soon. SP should return to a rational place now that earnings are rapidly evolving. I dont thing any TWTR overhang will get in the way of that.

I want a split date!
Yah the Twitter overhang thing is a BS narrative from Dan, who is just crystal ball spitballing talking points to be as relevant to CNBC as possible.

Never heard of this Coatue hedge fund before but they seem pretty good. Managed the crash well and sounds like they’re starting to buy back in.

Edit: Read a paywalled article with all the slides and they still seem bearish on macros through earnings. I’m not sure if they’re actually buying yet.

Here is a profile on them, brief mention of TSLA:

“Coatue has started to stake out — at least intellectually — bullish positions on Tesla, DoorDash, Nvidia, Snap, and others.”

Last edited:
Yah the Twitter overhang thing is a BS narrative from Dan, who is just crystal ball spitballing talking points to be as relevant to CNBC as possible.

The $100 might be pulled out of you know where, but TSLA took a huge dump after the deal was announced, so I don't think there is nothing to it. The magnitude is the question.

I've never found Dan Ives insightful or of any more value than most of the people here. He's just cheering for his team IMO.

Share price is a measure of what someone's willing to take for a share at a moment in time. Float expansion can distort that share price with a group of MM's willing to utilize it, but that goes out the window when shares be one scarce again.

I don't see too many folks, retail institutional or otherwise, being willing to sell below 1200 in large chunks. Therefore all we need to see is a rush to buy. Printing a $14+ EPS figure for 2022 should do the job.

I don't think Dan Ives even has an opinion on what Tesla Energy could be doing 18-36 months from now.

Never heard of this Coatue hedge fund before but they seem pretty good. Managed the crash well and sounds like they’re starting to buy back in.

Edit: Read a paywalled article with all the slides and they still seem bearish on macros through earnings. I’m not sure if they’re actually buying yet.

Here is a profile on them, brief mention of TSLA:

“Coatue has started to stake out — at least intellectually — bullish positions on Tesla, DoorDash, Nvidia, Snap, and others.”
Came across Coatue many years ago… they were very good back then and given their tenure should be even better now.

SMR urging shareholders to vote.

I can add one more point why you cannot trust other shareholders to vote in your interest.
During the dip many of us converted some shares into leaps, the one who sold those leaps would mostly be market makers and they would buy some shares to hedge the risks, now if the share price runs they would be in a sea of hurt(again). Guess how they are going to vote with the shares they have?

Bitcoin crossing $22k and oil seems capped with the potential to drop moving forward. Both bullish for TSLA and macros IMO.

If we can macro rise to $850, then the Putin situation stabilizes, then the half dozen positive Tesla events hit......

I'm liking our setup. Nobody screw it up or invade any more countries!
Should I wish for unemployment to rise tomorrow more than expected?

Seems weird and I'd feel better if the Fed would be more of a stabilizer than a destabilizer.

Should I wish for unemployment to rise tomorrow more than expected?
I happened to discuss this with a stock account manager yesterday (ML). They generally feel the market is about bottomed. A rise in unemployment would be confirmation that rising inflationary pressures are losing sway over the economy. Not advice of course.

On Twitter, I don’t see any reason Elon would walk away unless his family waves him off. If he did walk, the question is where better to put his cash from selling TSLA shares? Does he want to diversify or just return to Tesla?

I sometimes wonder if he might buy the SNL franchise from Lorne Michaels one day. We’re also going to need an entertainment industry beyond computer games on Mars as I see it.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Are you avoiding "gone to the dogs" to manage Krugerrand sensitivities?
The dog days of summer have just started. It is our time. Cat sensitivities are not our concern.

Dog days - Wikipedia
1657274775427.png

Only fossil fool in our house is my wife's Lexus though even she admits that as much as she loves Lexus service she'll have to get an EV, our snow blower which I need because no one can get up my driveway with anything more than an inch of snow on it, and a generator as living in the F-ing middle of nowhere we lose power a lot. Had an order for a Tesla roof (wife refuses to allow panels on our scary sloped roof) but the large raise in price made it a No Go as we'll be long dead before we break even. Got rid of the oil furnace last year and replaced with a HE heat pump.
Yes, "long dead before we break even" is THE most important consideration. NOT.

If I read this one more time I'm going to blow a gasket. Heaven forbid anyone spend a few extra dollars to help ensure a livable planet for generations to come . . . .

Look, I get it: PV, and even the Tesla Solar Roof can be "spendy." Do it anyway: If you're here reading this forum, you likely have the money. Have you ever seen a hearse with a U-Haul trailer in tow? Not me.

Do the right thing: Spend the money; help leave a useable planet for others. If you don't understand the risk we, collectively, pose to our lifeboat in the solar system with unchecked GHG dumping, please review "Positive Feedback Loops" and watch this gif:

(And I'm speaking as someone that dropped nearly $30k to replace two perfectly functional methane furnaces with SEER 24-ish heat pumps, and had the methane/gas company come and remove their damn meter from our house. It's the First Rule of Holes: When you're in one, STOP DIGGING.)

"Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.”​

― Anna Lappe

(So please, EVERYONE, stop sending money to your local fossil fuel company, stat.)

Only fossil fool in our house is my wife's Lexus though even she admits that as much as she loves Lexus service she'll have to get an EV, our snow blower which I need because no one can get up my driveway with anything more than an inch of snow on it, and a generator as living in the F-ing middle of nowhere we lose power a lot. Had an order for a Tesla roof (wife refuses to allow panels on our scary sloped roof) but the large raise in price made it a No Go as we'll be long dead before we break even. Got rid of the oil furnace last year and replaced with a HE heat pump.
We have used this with great satisfaction in Northern Idaho (where we also lived at the end of the grid) and Minnesota - and even better is that the batteries are compatible with every other EGO tool - all of which we own here in Florida. (had to take a break from posting and have done a poor job of keeping up with posts in the last few months as we have just moved from Idaho to Florida). We bought a previously owned home that is an energy consumptive beast, but are in the process of reducing energy use and taking it off the grid anyways - to @TSLA Pilot point that this must be done by those of us that can vote with our wallets - even though that process will include leaning hard on the HOA review board for the unique solutions we need to implement. Wishing you a speedy and enjoyable renewable transition!

1657280141067.png

Last edited: