Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the Model Y is a much more premium vehicle, made with more premium components/materials. Guess what Subaru's official sales slogan was when they first appeared in the US market- "Cheap and ugly". I think Tesla could very well manufacture the cheapest to produce vehicle on the US market at some point, but it won't be the Model Y or Cybertruck.

We also need to remember that Tesla make a lot of components in house, seats, glass and lots of other stuff.

I expect the cost to make it is less than the cost to buy, otherwise they would simply buy it, and I think that particularly applies to premium products.

Premium products have premium raw materials, quality design and construction. Quality design and construction isn't cheap, but when it the line working, they can just crank out the components. While premium raw materials will cost a bit more than non-premium, design, construction and fit are a bit part of the premium feel.

Which brings me back to the high $9,000 per car labour cost I seem to remember, There is a very good chance that I mis-remembered, but if I did remember correctly, I assume this also includes making all of the components, including seats, glass, motors, battery pack.

The other issue is why made in Shanghai Model 3/Y is cheaper than a Fremont build. One part is locally sourced components, there are fewer transport miles in a lot of the components, and likely healthy competition between potential local suppliers. But lower wages must be part of it.

We don't have a good guide, but coming back the original point, the Austin/Berlin built Model Y with a structural battery pack will be significantly cheaper than a Fremont build, The Austin/Berlin built Model Y may come in at around the same price as a Shanghai built Model Y.

I don't think it is necessary for Model Y to be the cheapest build in the US at this stage, just cheap enough to provide good margins.

Reactions: SmokyPeat
Why would Twitter's Board of Directors and even their shareholders want to force a sell to someone no longer interested in buying? Sure there is a 30% premium today, however that is short term and compromises the long term gains. It looks like Twitter's Board and shareholders think Twitter will never be valued at more than Elon's original conditional offer of $44B. Speaks for itself. Twitter's Board should be running for the gates to lock out Elon, not to force him to buy.

Looking at the stocks of similar companies. The stock would be around $20 a day had Elon not expressed interest into purchasing for over $50 a share with the recent market downturn. If I was a Twitter stock holder I’d sue the sh1t out of Elon to make him save me from one of my worst investment of all time. However I do hold only TSLA and AAPL.

It is funny, that it is ok to discuss e.g. SpaceX launches in this thread (zero effect to TSLA) but not Twitter deal (Musk's selling to finance it tanked TSLA 10%).
SpaceX posts tend to be a one off post with perhaps 1-2 replies.

Unfortunately the Twitter discussion has the potential to run for months or years, while people may have strong opinions, I doubt that we are going to learn much.

After some period of time, the parties will probably eventually negotiate a settlement. Things are at the stage where I don't think media speculation on the outcome of the court case should move the share price. IMO things are also at the stage where the fundamentals of Tesla will probably be more significant for the next 6-12 months.

Tell me a way Elon could have accessed the code of Twitter to know how many bots there are on the platform before making an offer and committing to buy?
Either

1) Simply ask for those details and/or code ? OR refuse to make offer

2) Make the offer contingent upon forensic review of accounts

It's really not rocket science ... which we all know is his forte. :)

Either

1) Simply ask for those details and/or code ? OR refuse to make offer

2) Make the offer contingent upon forensic review of accounts

It's really not rocket science ... which we all know is his forte. :)
Twitter didn’t want Elon to buy them in the first place. Remember the poison pill option the board was considering?

The Twitter board would have loved Elon to have backed out for whatever reason prior to the official offer. This is the only path for Elon to buy Twitter at a lower price.

Tell me a way Elon could have accessed the code of Twitter to know how many bots there are on the platform before making an offer and committing to buy?
That makes no sense. Seeing the “code” for twitter would not tell you how many bots there are. It would be very hard to figure that out Even watching all the data flows.

That is fair as you have a new “service entrance”. But removing the neutral/ground jumper is typically an easy 10 minute change not a panel swap out.
I would love to see anyone do it in 10 minutes. I’ve been an electrician for 15 years and it takes me 1.5 hours for the easy ones. The complicated ones can get into 3 hours if wires need to be spliced and extra bars installed. The main panel also often need to be moved off of the service entrance conductors so those can be spliced and extended into the gateway. The entire panel move rerouting branch wires to move the panel and extending wires to the gateway and back to the main panel often take a journeyman and apprentice 6 person hours each. It’s not a cheap “easy” thing to do.

I would love to see anyone do it in 10 minutes. I’ve been an electrician for 15 years and it takes me 1.5 hours for the easy ones. The complicated ones can get into 3 hours if wires need to be spliced and extra bars installed. The main panel also often need to be moved off of the service entrance conductors so those can be spliced and extended into the gateway. The entire panel move rerouting branch wires to move the panel and extending wires to the gateway and back to the main panel often take a journeyman and apprentice 6 person hours each. It’s not a cheap “easy” thing to do.
All of this electricians talk - is this code specific per state or applies to all install everywhere in the US of A???

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger

That makes no sense. Seeing the “code” for twitter would not tell you how many bots there are. It would be very hard to figure that out Even watching all the data flows.
The internet is overrun with bots. Nearly every community people visit has bots. Safe to say some of the troll accounts that have been banned from this thread were bots.

Humans tend to be strongly influenced by other members of their communities, whether friends, family, neighbors, or online members of the place they choose to spend time. Word of mouth is often more powerful than paid advertising campaigns.

Those that wish to influence the world (corporations, politicians, kings and queens, etc) know this. A great deal of effort has been put into creating software bots that behave human-like enough to pass by many people. Those bot armies can then be used to push products, ideas, and agendas as they appear to be real people sharing their views.

Those reviews on Amazon? Many written by bots. Same with reviews on Yelp. It is easier to see on Reddit and Twitter. The talking points get pushed and the bot army floods the message. A follower of Elon caught a video of this on Twitter last week where it was obvious with over 5000 replies all sounding similar. Someone messed up keeping the bot army believable on that one.

All of your online experience and media experience is tainted by monetary interests pushing you to form their desired view or opinion.

Elon should know this and maybe he does and has been playing 5D chess with a goal of exposing Twitter even if it costs him money. I think it is also possible Elon became obsessed with Twitter, saw the max potential in a perfect scenario, and tried to achieve that while not seeing Twitter for the garbage many of us see it as.

Either way, I think it's important for investors, and really every online user, to understand just how much the online world is shaped by bots and special interests. If in doubt, start a thread saying positive things about Elon on Reddit and watch how fast the same negative responses are repeated in reply to your post.

The internet is overrun with bots. Nearly every community people visit has bots. Safe to say some of the troll accounts that have been banned from this thread were bots.

Humans tend to be strongly influenced by other members of their communities, whether friends, family, neighbors, or online members of the place they choose to spend time. Word of mouth is often more powerful than paid advertising campaigns.

Those that wish to influence the world (corporations, politicians, kings and queens, etc) know this. A great deal of effort has been put into creating software bots that behave human-like enough to pass by many people. Those bot armies can then be used to push products, ideas, and agendas as they appear to be real people sharing their views.

Those reviews on Amazon? Many written by bots. Same with reviews on Yelp. It is easier to see on Reddit and Twitter. The talking points get pushed and the bot army floods the message. A follower of Elon caught a video of this on Twitter last week where it was obvious with over 5000 replies all sounding similar. Someone messed up keeping the bot army believable on that one.

All of your online experience and media experience is tainted by monetary interests pushing you to form their desired view or opinion.

Elon should know this and maybe he does and has been playing 5D chess with a goal of exposing Twitter even if it costs him money. I think it is also possible Elon became obsessed with Twitter, saw the max potential in a perfect scenario, and tried to achieve that while not seeing Twitter for the garbage many of us see it as.

Either way, I think it's important for investors, and really every online user, to understand just how much the online world is shaped by bots and special interests. If in doubt, start a thread saying positive things about Elon on Reddit and watch how fast the same negative responses are repeated in reply to your post.

Yes, but this is what a reverse psychology bot would say.

I was not talking about adding a gateway, which I agree adds a lot of time and trouble. I was just saying the need to move the neutral to ground connection. Nothing more.

Does anyone else think he's just bored?
1657515285337.png

No I think he is talking about electrical concepts.

*yawn* I know this is getting repetitive, but MS Plaid breaks it's own quarter mile record again: