Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm seems yahoo EPS estimate for Q2 has disappeared. Does this happen every quarter a few days before earnings?

1657891589281.png

The reply below that tweet is quite interesting. "If inflation calms down, we can lower prices for cars". Pretty obvious but will see how the market likes that one. Timing will also be interesting having to balance long wait times against obvious declining input costs.
So Elon wants to be a politician now and is going to try to control inflation?

/s

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
was looking into lending my TSLA shares in TD Ameritrade account in their (Fully Paid Lending Income Program) ... trying to understand the risks ... in particular the red text below
sounds like there is a > 0% chance I could lose my TSLA shares ... any help understanding risk here is appreciated .. in my mind the possibility of losing accumulated shares is not worth the income 🤷‍♂️

Important considerations​

It’s important to note that there are risks of Fully Paid Lending Income
  • Typical Investment Risk: All inherent investment risks apply and share performance is subject to market fluctuation.
  • SIPC: The SIPC doesn’t cover shares on loans, which are secured by 102% collateral provided by TD Ameritrade and held at a third party bank. You can withdraw on this collateral in the unlikely event of a default in which TD Ameritrade does not return borrowed securities.
  • Tax Implications: After you lend out a dividend-paying security, you’ll receive cash-in-lieu of your regular dividend payment. It’s important to remember that dividend income is taxed at a different rate.
  • Waived Voting Rights: Your shares will be lent out and you will temporarily forfeit your voting rights to the borrower. However, if you’d like to reclaim them before the record date, it’s easy to regain your voting privileges.
  • Market Dictates Demand: Whether or not your securities are borrowed depends on their volume and lending market demand. Interest rates and demand will vary by security over time

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Hmmmm seems yahoo EPS estimate for Q2 has disappeared. Does this happen every quarter a few days before earnings?
No, it doesn't happen every quarter. I watched it pretty closely last quarter and it never completely went away. Last I looked at that Yahoo chart was 1-2 weeks ago and it was listing $1.98 for Q2 '22. I just checked another source that has been a 3-5 cents lower than the Yahoo graph this quarter and it is showing $1.86

1657893153384.png

I think @The Accountant tracks this street number pretty closely and has a cool spreadsheet with multiple sources. Also has his estimate from July 2nd posted here: Near-future quarterly financial projections

Haven’t seen this posted anywhere else online but would be very good news. If I recall correctly, the Y line was supposed to be down all the way till the 20th

If this is accurate of course. If it is, maybe the 3 line upgrades will be 4-5 days shorter as well

Last edited:
was looking into lending my TSLA shares in TD Ameritrade account in their (Fully Paid Lending Income Program) ... trying to understand the risks ... in particular the red text below
sounds like there is a > 0% chance I could lose my TSLA shares ... any help understanding risk here is appreciated .. in my mind the possibility of losing accumulated shares is not worth the income 🤷‍♂️

Important considerations​

It’s important to note that there are risks of Fully Paid Lending Income
  • Typical Investment Risk: All inherent investment risks apply and share performance is subject to market fluctuation.
  • SIPC: The SIPC doesn’t cover shares on loans, which are secured by 102% collateral provided by TD Ameritrade and held at a third party bank. You can withdraw on this collateral in the unlikely event of a default in which TD Ameritrade does not return borrowed securities.
  • Tax Implications: After you lend out a dividend-paying security, you’ll receive cash-in-lieu of your regular dividend payment. It’s important to remember that dividend income is taxed at a different rate.
  • Waived Voting Rights: Your shares will be lent out and you will temporarily forfeit your voting rights to the borrower. However, if you’d like to reclaim them before the record date, it’s easy to regain your voting privileges.
  • Market Dictates Demand: Whether or not your securities are borrowed depends on their volume and lending market demand. Interest rates and demand will vary by security over time
I've been participating in the fully paid lending program for about a year now. They've lent out lots of highly speculative things in my account, but never once did anyone borrow a single share of TSLA. I don't think there's a lot of demand to short it right now.

Goin back to sleep....$720 it is for today :) hopefully it gets steamrolled...not holding my breath.
Or somewhere around there. Max Pain is at 715, but there's this whopping 800 call spike that's grown this past week I assume.
I think we're headed for 750 today as the stock seems to want to keep floating upward between FUD cycles (daily).
That, and FSD-Dojo possible? Very cool if so.
1657894478256.png

Reactions: WattsHappening
This is completely and factually wrong. It doesn't cease operating autonomously. It is instructed to pull over.
But they didn't "pull over." According to reports they stopped in their tracks in the middle of the road and blocked traffic. So they are incapable of even pulling over. Maybe they need a few more Lidar units on the roof...?

(I stopped wasting my time with the rest of your post after the first sentence was completely wrong).