Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yahoo....please make up your mind:

1658441885101.png

1658441856928.png

Tomorrow's gonna be interesting if you look at options.

Is there enough follow through in terms of buying volume to not only prevent MM's from walking it down to 799, but possibly force MM's to give up early in the trading day and focus on protecting 850?

Edit: And now got even more interesting with Tech selling off from the Snap earnings......I'm calling a headfake for tomorrow. As in Tech gaps down and then recovers to flat for the day.
I’m not sure what to do with all this sudden positivity you’re expressing.

The shameless copying continues. This week alone, insurance and now this.

Also, remember their Ford chargers from a few weeks back?
And so it goes. On and on. Good path by Tesla? Copied by Ford…”

This is a move that Tesla started to implement last year and by the first quarter of 2022….”

Bloomberg had breaking TSLA news just before market close, which didnt appear to impact stock.

“Omead Afshar, one of Elon Musk’s top lieutenants and the executive running Tesla Inc.’s Texas factory, is under scrutiny in an internal investigation for his role in a plan to purchase hard-to-get construction materials, according to people familiar with the matter.

Tesla has already fired some employees in relation to the probe, and the electric-vehicle maker plans to part ways with Afshar, likely through a leave of absence initially, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing private information. Terms of his exit are still being worked out.

The internal investigation, led by Tesla Acting Head of Legal David Searle, started after a purchase order for construction material was identified as suspicious, the people said.

The order, for a special kind of glass, was flagged to Tesla’s finance and internal audit groups earlier this year, the people said. Investigators are trying to determine whether the glass was for Tesla Chief Executive Officer Musk’s personal use, people with knowledge of the matter said”

Bloomberg link: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
And it shouldn’t impact the SP. Has less than zero to do with Tesla’s financial health and continued growth.

I think we are talking about a redesign that would enable manufacturing efficiencies comparable to the Model Y.
I'm thinking that you don't do that level of optimization for a low volume vehicle like the Model S and Model X. (They are what ~50k/year each, so it makes the most sense for them to be more manual than the high volume vehicles like the Model Y that is closer to 500k/year now, and on the way to 1+M/year.)

I'm thinking that you don't do that level of optimization for a low volume vehicle like the Model S and Model X. (They are what ~50k/year each, so it makes the most sense for them to be more manual than the high volume vehicles like the Model Y that is closer to 500k/year now, and on the way to 1+M/year.)
Why do we think demand for Model S/X can only be low volume?

Model S/X are in top USA EVs lists + not re-available in Europe AFAIK, plenty of untapped markets (Thailand, South America - multiple countries).

With a lack of EVs for sale, Model 3/Y very common in some markets, how does someone show their status? [ Sales Directors/High-Flyers, C-Level, Finance, some IT people, doctors ]

Maybe they get a more expensive EV than a Model Y Performance? Likely not as usable as cheaper Model 3/Y (Superchargers). Probably Mercedes EQS or Porsche Taycan/Audi. They run the risk of being perceived as having a lower status car than a Tesla (must be avoided at ALL costs)

I think it's worth Tesla thinking about making more S & X, but only if profit is high enough and it doesn't affect more important goals. Just exporting Plaid versions to some markets would fill a need, leave Long range until much later. If there's more S/X type cells available, probably best to use them in cars for max profit/effect (replaces a high-mileage BMW 7/chunky expensive diesel SUV).

I do wonder what the current and future max demand for S & X could be. If, say 2-6% for each model in each EV market, as the EV market becomes 50+% of THE car market, S & X demand could be huge.

1658444599711.png

Source: US: Tesla Dominates BEV Sales In January-April 2022

How do I short TSLQ?
As already posted: IBKR has located shares you can short since today. "Only" 10% interest on them. Also you can buy one of the puts or sell one of the calls in a very illiquid option-market...

More interesting: Will shorting TSLQ reduce the "concentration in 1 stock"-penalty on margin at the broker of your choice? .. :D
I mean .. everyone always tells me to diversify..