Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the new EV tax incentive bill requirement for a percentage of battery minerals to come from a country that has a free trade agreement with the USA. I note that Australia has had a free trade agreement with the USA since 2015 and that this covers battery minerals.

Also, according to Robyn Denholm - three-quarters of Tesla's lithium feedstock and over one-third of its nickel is sourced from Australia. (Tesla chair says mining to underpin potential Australian battery, EV production)

So I expect that Tesla won't have any issues meeting the percentage battery minerals requirements outlined in the bill.
Chile too

• Informative
Reactions: Fred42
Where you getting 5%, far trailing statistics? In the real world I'm seeing people making 30% higher salaries and hourly help wanted signs far better than +10%. Stagflation isn't an impossibility, but by definition it's not here today.

I feel like we've beaten this to death already?

From looking at my corporate LinkedIn network, demand for educated employees remains extremely strong. From using my eyes in North Philly, hourly demand is sky high.
Most US employees are getting 3-4% raises this year. I work for a company with thousands of employees. Nobody I know is getting COLA anywhere near 30%

It all comes back to productivity.

Wages aren’t/can’t keep up with inflation because the amount of real production a worker creates with an hour of time (ie productivity) is decreasing.
That's like saying Tesla's productivity per worker is decreasing when they have record line production worker numbers at Tesla while Q2 production is less than Q1.

Wage growth is actually fairly high in nominal terms, it’s bad in real inflation adjusted terms. And it’s bad because productivity growth is poor.

We need productivity growth. Honestly productivity growth is the number one indicator of advancement.
As said by others productivity growth hampered by supply chain. Why when Elon says comments about one item in short supply or delayed delivery cuts production aka productivity, but dont apply to rest of economy. Pandemic spanked us, and no one seems to want to pay attention to it. We have people who cant go back to work or work as much because of lack of child care. Parents and Grandparents who died who were child care for their kids. We have over 1.5 million people with long COVID who still cant go back to work. I dont think the Inflation Reduction Act restores child credits so it become worthwhile for people to return to work and pay for child care.

Traders must be having a blast with this whipsaw action.
As said by others productivity growth hampered by supply chain. Why when Elon says comments about one item in short supply or delayed delivery cuts production aka productivity, but dont apply to rest of economy. Pandemic spanked us, and no one seems to want to pay attention to it. We have people who cant go back to work or work as much because of lack of child care. Parents and Grandparents who died who were child care for their kids. We have over 1.5 million people with long COVID who still cant go back to work. I dont think the Inflation Reduction Act restores child credits so it become worthwhile for people to return to work and pay for child care.
This for sure. Every time you idle or slow a line due to lack of parts, or have a salesman who doesn't have enough products to sell, that's a hit to productivity.

Supply chain problems are a huge pain plus people are still adjusting to post covid life of WFM etc.

I think he is reading it wrong. That states if you purchase in 2022 before the act, but put it in service after the act you can chose to pretend that you put it in service before the act. The reason you might want to do this is if the you, or the, vehicle you purchased doesn't qualify under the new rules but does under the old rules. But very few people purchase the vehicle before they put it in service. (I think put in service is when you title/register the vehicle.) So Teslas are normally put in service on the same day as the purchase. Other than when DMV is closed for holidays, etc.)

I doubt AI day will be about pathing - that's a problem that is reasonably solved by the likes of Boston Dynamics and others. My guess is it will be about training a bot to perform a task. That would be mind blowing.

Walking and picking up objects is prior art.
Agree, and the ultimate would be for Primus to learn before our eyes by mimicking (or by trial and error). Keep it simple, but let the concept sink in.

Ha... Sr. Technical Training Engineer by career for Factories here.... Training Time, Peer Training methods, Blended Learning, Learning Efficiency will all have new meanings in a profound way. One robot learns it, then shares it with 100 others, then they refine the task together for Continuous Improvement. Outfit the lights-out factory is Covid proof, employee retention is guaranteed, and Safety is still #1 due to the cost to replace a broken one! (But can't wait to see the safety videos.)

Recession Fears
Inflation
#BTC crash
Elon being Elon
Shanghai shutdown
Bear raids

Through it all, here is where we currently stand a year later:
1659022159123.png

We should all rejoice :)

TBH....

There is a very scarce pool of 'skilled mountain builders' so your crew does not apply to your 'crew' turning work down on a daily basis. :)
They don’t always build on mountains, sometimes it’s in the valley, and in the big city in the past, but true they have some additional knowledge and skills that sets them apart. They are a tight knit group and have been together for a couple decades with the exception of the new ‘kid’ they’re trying out. Word on the street consistently says they are the best.

Ultimately, talented, hardworking people will always have more work available to them than they can complete. No demand issues for them. 🤣

If we are actually in a recession of sorts , then consumer prices
may recede , implying less aggressive tightening. It’s seems
Interest rates will finish in the 3 plus range and the fed
will let quantitative tightening reduce liquidity to bring
inflation down.

basically shifting tightening to QT versus interest rates.

That's not too far off from what I'm planning on paying for my quad motor CT. 🤔
I am not as pessimistic about the top end of the Cybertruck range pricing. But its an interesting line in the sand regardless.

Imagine you are using an F350 to haul your toys/ boat/ horses/ camper around. The fuel savings alone will go a long ways towards paying the semi off.