Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strictly my opinion and nothing to really base this off of... the issues from the Pelosi visit won't be during the visit. This issues will happen over the next 6-18 months as the tensions build and build.
I agree, a one day visit does not mean much, it just sets the tone for the future. Hopefully, $TSLA will be at $1500 pre -split in 6-18 months :)

As for the seriousness ilof moneypox, seems to be a painful rash with zero fatalities and requires skin to skin contact. Highly correlated to be transmitted mainly through sex, specifically men on men. To me this seems to be more on the level of STD than some kind of earth ending pandemic.

That is not the full story - it can be deadly, but thankfully yes, it is far less transmissible than Covid-19.

From Monkeypox in the U.S. :
Infections with the type of monkeypox virus identified in this outbreak—the West African type—are rarely fatal. Over 99% of people who get this form of the disease are likely to survive. However, people with weakened immune systems, children under 8 years of age, people with a history of eczema, and people who are pregnant or breastfeeding may be more likely to get seriously ill or die.
Although the West African type is rarely fatal, symptoms can be extremely painful, and people might have permanent scarring resulting from the rash.
The Congo Basin type of monkeypox virus has a fatality rate around 10%.

Given all that, I think factory shutdowns from this are extremely unlikely.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Okay, I know this isn't a post about Pelosi, and therefore OT, but what's it mean when there are 6 million shares traded in half an hour and there is no significant movement of the SP?

Is it some gambit where synthetic shares are sold to keep the SP flat while institutions accumulate, or, is it just the plain vanilla shorting we all know and love to prevent going over some precious level to them? (or, perhaps some of both?)

Seems like volume like this usually meant volatility.

Maybe I just need another ☕

Edit: Okay, got another coffee and looked at the chart instead of just glancing at the ticker every now and again. I guess there has been some volatility and it simply keeps reverting back to the middle of the range.

Last edited:
Okay, I know this isn't a post about Pelosi, and therefore OT, but what's it mean when there are 6 million shares traded in half an hour and there is no significant movement of the SP?

Is it some gambit where synthetic shares are sold to keep the SP flat while institutions accumulate, or, is it just the plain vanilla shorting we all know and love to prevent going over some precious level to them? (or, perhaps some of both?)

Seems like volume like this usually meant volatility.

Maybe I just need another ☕
Volume without movement is a sign of accumulation. Not really unusual... sets a base of support or resistance depending on outlook.

Elon is correct about the probability of thermal runaway in large pouch cells. I assume he gets that probability based on real world performance of LG Energy cells.

But I'm not sure if we know if this is an inherent flaw in large pouch cells or if it is just due to sloppy manufacturing by LG Energy. LG Energy claims it's the latter.

LG Energy is effectively saying, "We made mistakes in the past but we won't let it happen again. Large pouch cells are safe if done right. Trust us."

As a Chevy Bolt owner who got his pack replaced, I can report that I'm not worried about my new pack. The odds of failure for any one pack are very low. But I'm not going to trust LG Energy ever again.
Prius prismatic cells expanded too. It's the cells. Any cells with corners, have a tendency to expand.

Just got another email reminder to vote my shares.

1659449492280.png

The multiple reminders to vote have me suspicious that they might be planning on something around voting. Is there any precedence for a public company using a shareholder's voting status to determine eligibility for anything?

As for the seriousness ilof moneypox, seems to be a painful rash with zero fatalities and requires skin to skin contact. Highly correlated to be transmitted mainly through sex, specifically men on men. To me this seems to be more on the level of STD than some kind of earth ending pandemic.
You can go blind though. There is information in the Coronavirus thread.

Reactions: aubreymcfato

View attachment 835704

The multiple reminders to vote have me suspicious that they might be planning on something around voting. Is there any precedence for a public company using a shareholder's voting status to determine eligibility for anything?
I’m actually wondering if they are running short of total votes to get some items passed. Probably have enough yes votes, but need a high enough ‘votes cast’ number to make some items official.

View attachment 835704

Maybe this is one of those "Vote Early, Vote Often" campaigns. ;)

Only, it won't let me vote again...

The $400 ea is for the connector itself. You are going to need a 200 amp service for 6 of these and that's assuming you set the amperage low or use load sharing. For 12, you'd want at least 300 amps.

Electrician, permits, etc.

Yes. The ideal case for a captive customer.

There are some routes along the local highways where a few of these would attract a decent flow of traffic until the holes get filled. The Oregon Coast has some great big holes of no chargers or unreliable ones which would get a decent amount of traffic.

IIRC, the latest version of the wall connector supports load balancing over wifi. This could be very useful for hotels. In Europe, most hotels only have a couple of chargers. As more and more EV owners require overnight charging, load balancing a large number of cheap wall connectors is for me preferable to trying to be the first to arrive to monopolise one of the 2 chargers.

This is probably the most annoying thing that is on Ford Twitter - it seems like the Ford "Lighting" is at every event with power outage and saves the day. 100% batting average without fail. READS STAGED all over. You're also telling me Lind's house get power outage with every rain storm too?

I'll give Ford (legacy manufacturers) credit here and it's their ability to market a little feature a few will use as if all will use it daily.
Having just watched the cloud-software-heavy Virtual Power Plant (VPP) youtube video, this triggers an interesting if unlikely thought scenario:

1) Two years from now, Tesla is making all the money it will need and still the mission is proceeding too slowly for their tastes and our survival.
2) Tesla recognizes that Ford is the only American major manufacturer still standing and making a successful effort at EVs.
3) Tesla implements a 'strategic partnership' with Ford, creating software to enable plugged-in F-150 Lightnings to participate in Tesla's Energy network as a VPP.
4) Tesla makes more money, the world sees a "competitors working together for the common good" story, and Ford gains relevance in EV land.
5) More GHGs are offset.

Crazy? Cool? Thoughts?

Having just watched the cloud-software-heavy Virtual Power Plant (VPP) youtube video, this triggers an interesting if unlikely thought scenario:

1) Two years from now, Tesla is making all the money it will need and still the mission is proceeding too slowly for their tastes and our survival.
2) Tesla recognizes that Ford is the only American major manufacturer still standing and making a successful effort at EVs.
3) Tesla implements a 'strategic partnership' with Ford, creating software to enable plugged-in F-150 Lightnings to participate in Tesla's Energy network as a VPP.
4) Tesla makes more money, the world sees a "competitors working together for the common good" story, and Ford gains relevance in EV land.
5) More GHGs are offset.

Crazy? Cool? Thoughts?
Nah...then the FUD will read "Tesla stages blackouts to promote Ford" :)

I’m actually wondering if they are running short of total votes to get some items passed. Probably have enough yes votes, but need a high enough ‘votes cast’ number to make some items official.
According to the Q&A in the proxy statement, most of the resolutions (1, 5-13) only need "Majority of the shares present in person or represented by proxy and entitled to vote" to pass. However proposals 2 and 3 (2 year director terms and eliminate supermajority voting requirements - both recommended by the board) require "66 2/3% or greater of the total outstanding shares entitled to vote" to pass. Furthermore, proposal 4, which endorses the 4,000,000,000 shares required for the split, requires the "Majority of the total outstanding shares entitled to vote" to pass. Note that proposals 2, 3 and 4 require a proportion to the total shares and not just those represented in person or proxy (more shares overall) than the other proposals to pass.

Therefore I suspect Tesla management is concerned they won't get enough votes for their proposals 2 and 3 and the proposal 4 share split to pass. You also have proxy advisory firms promoting some of the later proposals (ESG related etc that the board doesn't support) that some institutions would typically follow and so retail votes become more important.

View attachment 835704

I got the mail too. Unfortunately I don't have any possibility (to check) to vote as my broker is only located in Switzerland. Tesla also has stated that issue on their website:
"Many brokers outside of the US don’t allow retail shareholders to vote. Check with your broker if proxy voting is allowed."
(haven't checked it yet with my broker)

Reactions: UkNorthampton