Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vanguard called back and provided me the control number .
Voted right away .
I take back my accusations on vanguard.
Go longs.

This doesn't necessarily vindicate them. If your shares were loaned out, it's a simple matter for them to substitute someone else's shares (from someone who is too lazy to vote or doesn't even know a vote is approaching) for yours and then send you the control number.

• Informative
Reactions: Harrito and Tachyon
I cannot imagine the quorum of votes will not be met. Big stakeholders like Elon, Larry, Vanguard, Susquehanna, Blackrock and other institutional investors will surely vote. The same goes for S&P funds. As private investors, no matter how passionate we are, we do not hold a large proportion of the shares.
Yeah if Elon is missing the shares needed, he will buy them on the open market if needed.

I have shares in three accounts at Schwab and I have not received any reminders.

Is there a deadline to vote?
For Fidelity, I got this email on Jun 30.

IMG_3042.jpeg

I then got several reminders over the last few days, including this one this morning. Voted today.

IMG_3043.jpeg

Elon is correct about the probability of thermal runaway in large pouch cells. I assume he gets that probability based on real world performance of LG Energy cells.

But I'm not sure if we know if this is an inherent flaw in large pouch cells or if it is just due to sloppy manufacturing by LG Energy. LG Energy claims it's the latter.

LG Energy is effectively saying, "We made mistakes in the past but we won't let it happen again. Large pouch cells are safe if manufacturing is done right. Trust us."

As a Chevy Bolt owner who got his pack replaced, I can report that I'm not worried about my new pack. The odds of failure for any one pack are very low. But I'm not going to trust LG Energy ever again.
Back when Boeing was first delivering the 787, they had to ground the fleet because of fires in the large cell lithium batteries they were using. I believe Musk commented about that event. The problem was traced to a defect caused by the manufacturing process, since corrected. There have been no more fires, so I suspect LG can solve their problem with similar attention to detail.

Reactions: MartinAustin
Ok. Tell me which OEM lies I have quoted. Please! I do not want to quote lies. Perhaps you thought I was referring to the US, Japanese and European also-rans. If so you're incorrect.
Well, it was pointed out to you that no OEMs other than Tesla actually have mega presses right now nor in production, but I didn’t say you were quoting lies. I said, you lost me at very smart OEMs. That’s an oxymoron in EV context, imo. There is nothing very smart about GM or Ford or BMW or Audi or except their ability to lie to the public via advertising, marketing, promotional material or announcements. It’s all one big, fat pile of 💩. It’s been a big, fat pile of 💩 for over a decade. I’m wagering it’ll remain a big, fat pile of 💩 for the next decade. Tesla has them by the mouse nuts and is squeezing them tighter by the hour.

That's fine, take your time...just be aware that if we don't have enough votes to effect a stock split after the annual meeting the day after tomorrow, those of us who voted will identify and track down those who were too lazy to bother casting a ballot and sentence them to a tar and feathering party so enthusiastic I can't accurately describe it here without violating the TOS an untold number of times.

We are a very tolerant bunch, but we draw the line at those who are purposefully so indolent and slothful they cannot be bothered to vote. If you have never witnessed an authentic American tar and feathering, well, let's just say that polite company should probably stay home (assuming it's your decision to make).

Enough said about that!
I’m doing my part. Three more people I berated today have voted.

I cannot imagine the quorum of votes will not be met. Big stakeholders like Elon, Larry, Vanguard, Susquehanna, Blackrock and other institutional investors will surely vote. The same goes for S&P funds. As private investors, no matter how passionate we are, we do not hold a large proportion of the shares.
While true, we did have an informal count not too long ago and us little people actually hold a good number of shares nowadays.

Reactions: MikkoJ and capster
Back when Boeing was first delivering the 787, they had to ground the fleet because of fires in the large cell lithium batteries they were using. I believe Musk commented about that event. The problem was traced to a defect caused by the manufacturing process, since corrected. There have been no more fires, so I suspect LG can solve their problem with similar attention to detail.
Very different to hand-build/hand-verify ~120 packs/year (787) vs. up to millions of EV packs. Process control will accept that manufacturing is never going to be 100.0%, so build resilience in design, packaging, etc.

That's fine, take your time...just be aware that if we don't have enough votes to effect a stock split after the annual meeting the day after tomorrow, those of us who voted will identify and track down those who were too lazy to bother casting a ballot and sentence them to a tar and feathering party so enthusiastic I can't accurately describe it here without violating the TOS an untold number of times.

We are a very tolerant bunch, but we draw the line at those who are purposefully so indolent and slothful they cannot be bothered to vote. If you have never witnessed an authentic American tar and feathering, well, let's just say that polite company should probably stay home (assuming it's your decision to make).

Enough said about that!
FYI for those fearing not enough votes... the increase in share count does not require a supermajority.

This is why I think something is up. The Tesla twitter account has never once asked shareholders to vote their shares, prior to this annual meeting: https://twitter.com/search?q=vote (from:Tesla)&src=typed_query&f=live

And then Elon retweeted it not once, but twice:

Additionally, retail investors should vote and be part of the process. We shouldn’t just concede to the crooks.

For those with HL in the UK, proxy voting is not possible (just to save you some research time). Can I vote on my US shares?
Same answer from a variety of UK providers, SIPP & ISA. I did try to register with Tesla from Martin Viecha's tweet, uploaded some evidence - but nothing more yet (other than SEC filing notifications & reminders to vote - there's still time!)

Just an FYI for those with shares in Schwab, Fidelity, or TD Ameritrade. You do not need any special email to vote though the link is a nice shortcut. Just login to your account (desktop version) and follow below. It is called something different on each platform.

Fidelity -> All Accounts -> More -> Documents -> Proxy Materials

Schwab -> Proxy Events will show as a link under “What’s New?” on the right side of the screen when you login.

TD Ameritrade -> My Account -> History & Statements -> Shareholder Library -> eDocuments