Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect. Insiders cannot trade on non public material information, there is no timing based SEC rule.
Google search:
View attachment 837171
Actual link:
View attachment 837170
There has to be an insider trading policy that restricts trades (and with the scrutiny TSLA has from the SEC... they'll have this). Tesla has one that is referenced in their filings. You can sell in a 10b5-1 plan at any time as long as it is a plan. The blackouts happen around earnings.

Found this here (unknown if accurate):

If we state the same timeframe is out there, then it goes until mid September.

We also know Elon is subject to one because the funding is secured settlement had to be executed during the next trading window after it was agreed to.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Dates for the stock split announced. Record date Aug 17th, Effective date Aug 25th

Wish they would have just moved it up to Aug 15th/Aug 23th to shorten the time window. Especially after a day of trading like today

So they don't even give the brokers a weekend to get things all lined up and adjusted this time...

I wonder if there is any particular reason they did that. 🤷‍♀️

Somehow I don't think we're going to hit 1050 today, even after hours. But, the month and quarter are young with some great things a coming, so a good time to turn over the couch cushions, flip the mattress(es), vacuum the house and car, put your hands down in the yucky parts of the car seats, break the penny jar, etc., 'cause I don't think the SP is going to get much cheaper.

And we have a whole weekend to do it!

Go longs!

QQQ runup from bottom ->18.6%
Tsla run up from bottom - >37.6%

37.6/18.6 = 2.02

We have beaten our beta Starfoxisdown. Take your nonsense elsewhere!
TSLA's beta is now 2.12...........so now we haven't ;)

Would matter anyways, I think I've made it very clear that my expectations, considering how much Tesla has beaten earnings this year and how much will they will beat earnings for Q3 and Q4, is that Tesla should be consistently outperforming it's beta.

Why not sell? Enjoy life, money isn't going to matter anymore
That's one thing Elon did not address... who's going to have money to buy the things the Optimus (s) are building since all the jobs have been replaced by Optimus (s)? Possibly even many service jobs like a waiter or waitress? Are we moving towards a Star Trek economy where money is irrelevant?

The times they are a'changing...

There has to be an insider trading policy that restricts trades (and with the scrutiny TSLA has from the SEC... they'll have this). Tesla has one that is referenced in their filings. You can sell in a 10b5-1 plan at any time as long as it is a plan. The blackouts happen around earnings.

Found this here (unknown if accurate):

If we state the same timeframe is out there, then it goes until mid September.

We also know Elon is subject to one because the funding is secured settlement had to be executed during the next trading window after it was agreed to.
There doesn't 'have' to be a policy on insider trading, but it's a good idea, and agree that Tesla references having one
Do we agree though that the SEC does not mandate a window?

FWIW, the tweet describes a two week before EoQ to two after earnings blackout which leaves 6ish weeks, but who knows if it applies to director level.

Elon's penalty was in cash, not stock. He just so happened to purchase $20M in stock from Tesla later though.

... a buyback is much more likely than a raise IMO.

There's a new excise tax on stock buybacks as part of the new inflation/climate bill:

U.S. Senate's $430 billion climate bill to add tax on stock buybacks | Reuters.com