Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untrue. We need to keep in mind that the largest shareholder has stated that his investment in Tesla will be used to fund the colonization of Mars. I doubt that he has enough resources right now to accomplish that goal.
Mars may be a large part of the reason for Elon getting back into software. It's the kind of business where if you create a hit platform it can generate huge profits in a relatively short time.

Elon seems to think he can create WeChat for the western world. Or something even better. It could get him to Mars sooner.

In Other News - Porsche now offers a "Performance Kit" for 13.377€ for 2023 model year Taycan Turbo S that - on the Nurnburgring - brought the Taycan time 2sec below the Plaid S to 7:33 New Nürburgring record for the Porsche Taycan

I linked the english press release - you can read that it's only offered in Germany, only for track use - so this is only offered for bragging rights if you ask me.

We know Tesla launches the Model S Plaid in Germany this year (orders went live last week, delivery before EOY 22) - they still lack the performance kit to bring top-speed from 270 (282 claimed on site) to 322kmh - so this alone should beat the Taycan again ...

My guess is Porsche won't keep the crown for fastest production EV on the Ring for long :)

Plaid run is here:
Speed Limit at 7:10 in the Video seems to be below 270km/h

So Porsche mainly got 2sec from streat-legal performance tires now on the Taycan - Tesla should be able to shave those by removing current speed limit I'd guess

EDIT:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-10 um 12.20.59.png

I was looking for Porsche VMax on the final stretch, and no suprise - 268vMax vs 269 on Plaid. This stretch is loooooong - so TopSpeed Upgrade alone could do it .... rewatching the Plaid run - better breakes are also desperately needed :)

It also tells us that the Rimac 2 gear system probably can't deliver more than 270 even in track-mode - if it could they would have somehow enbled a specal race-mode just for seldom use to gain more ground - but they didn't. I guess Oliver Blume is on the phone with Mate for the upcoming 911 hybrid already ... but I don't know how they wanna regain the bev crown on the ring next year after plaid performance package is released in Germany.

EDIT:

A bit of German perspective - the Porsche Panamera Vmax is 311 Porsche 911 is at 333km/h - so Porsche has already an issue charging so much money for the Turbo S on a Taycan even though the vMax is severly limited (and they already have a garbox(.

For Tesla positioning seams to be clear:

Y perf 250
3 perf 261
X Perf 262
S Plaid 282 now 322 soon-ish

Yeah - it's not easy being Porsche right now from a product positioning point of view.
Also Taycan Turbo S + PErf Package is above 200k€ entry list price (and there might be some dependencies for the performance package as well)

Last edited:
A Triumph Bonneville T120 to go with my Moto Guzzi V7 :)

I also used TSLA gains to buy a Model Y last year and a Model X that arrives in 3 weeks.

Nice. I own a Honda Goldwing which I bought in 2018 right before I went all in on TSLA, but I did sell a few shares in Dec 2021 to pay for a third of my Model Y LR. I financed the rest because loan rates were so low and I wanted to keep my shares instead.

Something about paying for a Tesla with TSLA gains just seemed poetic to me. :cool:

Pre-market looks more promising today, it will be curious to see how the stock performs now that Elon is done selling. Again. At least for now...

Last edited:
rewatching the Plaid run - better breakes are also desperately needed :)

A Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit is available for Plaid S from Tesla for ~$20K USD.

1768598-00-A_0_2000.jpg

Not work because this tests is on a circuit and on a circuit you don't have children on road !

Even more difficult to believe that in over 10 billion miles of autopilot data, this is the very first time any car has ever seen a 12-mth-old toddler-sized, immobile mannequin, dressed like a traffic cone, standing completely still in the middle of a road, lined with traffic cones, and no adults anywhere to be seen. What are the chances? /s

This is not an 'edge-case', its a case of a desperate loser trying with his last o'dowd to remain relevant. Too sad.

Elon seems to think he can create WeChat for the western world. Or something even better. It could get him to Mars sooner.
Exactly that. If you know what the WeChat eco-system is - or the opposing Alibaba eco-system then you can see the huge potential.

For those who don't know: think of a platform with Amazon and eBay, where you can chat with your friends and link them stuff & get a commission. Everything paid with the integrated PayPal directly with your contacts or via qr code with strangers.

Like "Facebook" is synonym with "internet" in some African countries (as fb-traffic is included in your Dataplan, "browser" is expensive and sometimes even unavailable), so is "the wechat-app" its own portal into everything.

In the west we don't have such a unified interface - because different companies won't or can't bundle their stuff. Amazon won't marry PayPal, won't marry Whatsapp/telegram/signal/..

There are tests. Signal wanted to implement payment with your contacts and got much backlash..

Be careful out there! A 72 year old fellow was killed when a truck pulled out in front of his Triumph just a mile or two from my house last month. He was even wearing a helmet and leathers, but .... Pretty much a freak accident on a rural road that sees very little traffic.
Why I sold my Ducati after 18,000 miles. Too many injured and killed friends.
don’t even sell it, just give it away.

FTFY

He wants to continue the Mission+, which is why he revived X.com, as he mentioned a few times - he had far higher ambitions for Paypal than what it became.

[OT]

Does anyone remembers when and why he changed his Twitter legend with " Mars and Cars, Chips and Dips" (my emphasis)?

Besides the Other Topics Galore and Numerology threads, is there a Muskology thread ( referring to Kremlinology ) ?

View attachment 839024
Well telling us there will be a dip in tsla share price soon is like telling is he will eventually be hungry. Tsla dips like 70% of all trading days.

Might as well say it out-loud: Twitter is obviously limiting visibility of this tweet.

The tweet where Elon states he is done selling and another tweet where he states he would purchase TSLA shares If deal does not go through are not easily visible to me. I had to dig for 5 minutes to find those tweets. It only took 5 min because we were alerted the tweets existed otherwise I would never have seen them.

These tweets could have market moving implications and therefore Twitter should not be de-emphasizing them.

Last edited:
The tweet where Elon states he is done selling and another tweet where he states he would purchase TSLA shares If deal does not go through is not easily visible to me. I had to dig for 5 minutes to find those tweets.
First selecting the 3 red circled settings, then bookmark the URL will provide all of Elon's tweets with the latest on top, along with other tweets I found useful. I used to simply go to see the latest Elon's tweets including replies, but this is my new preference.

1660134126604.png

Edit: Also helpful for me since I drop following frequently. But if you follow a large number of them, then using Elon's twitter page --> Latest --> posts&replies might work for you.

Last edited:
X.com was Elon’s original vision to revolutionize the entire financial industry. He never came remotely close to fulfilling that vision, but he did make hundreds of millions when one piece of it — PayPal— succeeded.

Based on his comment at the annual meeting, he still wants to completely disrupt the financial industry with X.com. He hasn’t let that vision go. Anyone here surprised by that?

In trying to disrupt an uncountable number of industries, simultaneously, Elon is likely to have many spectacular failures. But he’s also demonstrated an uncanny ability to carve out spectacular successes.

As a TSLA investor, I’m not too concerned about his other ventures. Yes, Twitter would take away some of his attention to Tesla (and X.com even more so) but c’mon, the guy already has way too much on his plate, but he’s built a strong team to keep Tesla on its dizzying trajectory.

As an Elon observer, and someone who believes that disruption is desirable and possible, I couldn’t be more excited to watch how this all plays out. There has never, ever ever, been a disruptor as potent as Elon before. And he’s just getting started. Both his failures and successes are going to be epic.

First selecting the 3 red circled settings, then bookmark the URL will provide all of Elon's tweets with the latest on top, along with other tweets I found useful. I used to simply go to see the latest Elon's tweets including replies, but this is my new preference.

View attachment 839059
This doesn't work for me because I follow a lot of Tesla twitter, and well, a whole lot of them respond to practically every single Elon tweet...

Elon selling shares likely increased the supply of shares and will likely meet the demand created by shorts covering .
The chance of a squeeze that many here are expecting just cratered .
Because, in the investor meeting (an official Tesla event) he said "Think of it as a buying opportunity", and then sold...

Indeed, it is more than just bad optics. After record breaking Q1 results when the SP just started to take off, he broke the rally by dumping $10Billion worth of shares sending the stock to a 3 months slump down from 1100s all the way down to low 600s. Now, 3 months later, when it finally started to recover going into the split (squeezing some shorts), he did it again, rewarding the shorts and screwing over the longs.

From now on, any time the SP has a big drop not explained by macros or bad company news, instead of shouting MANIPULATION (and blaming shortz, hedgies, MMs), everyone should just assume Elon is dumping again. As that has been the established statistical pattern now.

No, I am not mad, just disappointed that he thinks Twitter is more important than the Tesla mission and it certainly changes my perspective and conviction.
You know: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited: