Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla back logs. Not sure how Troy got these numbers but here they are.

backlog.jpg

They use the term from the bill 'binding'... I do not think it means what they think it means...

Binding vs. Non-Binding Contracts - LawDepot Blog
I thought that was weird too.

“Sign this binding agreement…”, but the Rivian agreement doesn’t actually have final terms on it so it’s not actually binding. Or are people legit on the hook to buy a Rivian for whatever price Rivian eventually offers it at. Here sir is your $1m Rivian, you signed a binding agreement to buy this…

Tesla back logs. Not sure how Troy got these numbers but here they are.

View attachment 839337
I’m pretty sure he just uses his projections and counts how many cars would be produced between now and the current estimated delivery date for each model. Not super accurate, but it’s a number.

I can already see how the TSLAQ would portray this number. “Demand for Tesla has flatlined as their order backlog has plateaued”.

I’m pretty sure he just uses his projections and counts how many cars would be produced between now and the current estimated delivery date for each model. Not super accurate, but it’s a number.

I can already see how the TSLAQ would portray this number. “Demand for Tesla has flatlined as their order backlog has plateaued”.
You would think projections/estimations are in whole numbers, not 12032...

4 out of 4 panelists on cnbc fast money are negative lol
CNBC is infotainment and nothing more. Whoever pays the most, gets the slant/spin in their direction (aka FUD)

Rarely they are forced to present some amount of fact-based reporting/information WITHOUT spin, but this is as uncommon as pesto cookies

For some investors, it may be about what it will be worth in 5 to 10 years based on Elon's plans.
We don't know Elon's plans but the investors do. Maybe there is a 10x at play even with a $54.20 entry price.
The whole x.com thing is a complete wild card. Elon’s plan might be as simple as modifications to and transparency of Twitter’s algos (along with bot eradication) or as complex as establishing a social media/banking/online sales ecosystem. If the latter, I’d sell my left walnut to get in on it early.

Yes. And April he said that he has no plans to further sells. Yet he sold.
There's a simple explanation why Elon sold again, even though he wasn't previously planning on it:

"sugar" happens.

Check out the chart in the thumbnail below. April 28 was when he made is no further selling statement. Unfortunately, the market plunged in both May and June and Twitter's value dropped with other stocks. Getting other investors to pledge their buy-in funds after the value of the company has dropped but the acquisition price hasn't is tough work. Some partners won't come through with their pledges. Thus, Elon needs more money to ensure he doesn't have to go back to selling TSLA shares if the court orders or a deal is struck to sell Twitter to him.

Elon is an honorable businessman. Someone on one side or the other of a trade will call him a man who broke his word. It truly is impossible to make all parties agree that he has done the honorable thing.

aug10sixmochrt.JPG

You would think projections/estimations are in whole numbers, not 12032...
If you multiply the “Prod Per Month” Column by the “Wait Time” Column, you end up with the “Backlog”. The total is a simple sum of those rows…

While I agree with you, I’m pretty sure his methodology is just taking the simplest approach Excel (Or Numbers) has to offer.

Speak for yourself only. I signed up for the whole ball of wax. All of it. Everything perceived good or bad. I didn’t go all in over 10 years ago to be finicky, overly critical, or second guess the decisions I might not like.

I did my research. I understood from the start the tremendous risk. I understood Elon was going to be both incredibly predictable and unpredictable all in the same breath.

I only have energy enough for an unenthusiastic eye roll for this last set of Elon selling. 🥱

Elon is the best show on the planet and the gift that just keeps on giving. I am entertained, Maximus!
This may be your best post ever. Simple, clear, definitive. The best representation of my own logic I’ve read. I use too many words. You make it beautifully simple.
Thanks for your insight!

There's a simple explanation why Elon sold again, even though he wasn't previously planning on it:

"sugar" happens.

Check out the chart in the thumbnail below. April 28 was when he made is no further selling statement. Unfortunately, the market plunged in both May and June and Twitter's value dropped with other stocks. Getting other investors to pledge their buy-in funds after the value of the company has dropped but the acquisition price hasn't is tough work. Some partners won't come through with their pledges. Thus, Elon needs more money to ensure he doesn't have to go back to selling TSLA shares if the court orders or a deal is struck to sell Twitter to him.

Elon is an honorable businessman. Someone on one side or the other of a trade will call him a man who broke his word. It truly is impossible to make all parties agree that he has done the honorable thing.

View attachment 839358
Well , I took Elon at his word

And bought the dip

Now 50/50 shares and leaps , looking forward to the next few years . These short term dips are great opportunities !

"sugar" happens.

View attachment 839358
One thing I don't understand is why he has to sell right after the shareholder meeting. I heard the case won't settle for at least for a couple of months, does he really need to prove to the court he has the funding right now?

The next fun campaign brought to you by time.com Elon Musk Is Convinced He's the Future. We Need to Look Beyond Him apparently evil mining companies are just waiting to wreck havoc on the planet by making all those EVs while Elon is presented as the reason why the high speed rail does not exist in California. So when is peak FUD coming, just before stock split ?

One thing I don't understand is why he has to sell right after the shareholder meeting. I heard the case won't settle for at least for a couple of months, does he really need to prove to the court he has the funding right now?
As @Curt Renz figured out last Friday, Elon tends to sell shares (his own or shares of a Tesla equity offering) when there's clear demand to buy those shares. In both this recent sale and a prior sale, the extra demand for shares was the approach of a stock split. Elon needed to sell after the recent split was approved (annual meeting) but before the demand for shares had be satisfied. It's a narrow window and thus, his timing.

Not saying this is accurate. But this could explain the timing if it's accurate.

Maybe his legal advisors read him the riot act.
Maybe his investors are not secured.
It now seems the odds of the deal closing are very high.

At the least the twitter overhang will forever be gone.

1. It likely will help with any negotiations.
2. The longer he waits, the more pressure he has to sell, so the lower the stock price.

Reactions: JusRelax and JoRoMo