Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1660172885167.png

Reactions: traxila
1. It likely will help with any negotiations.
2. The longer he waits, the more pressure he has to sell, so the lower the stock price.
Cramer just stated that the court could sell the stock as it pleases if they find for Twitter. Far better for Elon to have the cash it seems.

It now makes some sense as to why the request to delay. Selling next year would be a better outcome sharewise…. After a stellar Q4.

Cramer just stated that the court could sell the stock as it pleases if they find for Twitter. Far better for Elon to have the cash it seems.

It now makes some sense as to why the request to delay. Selling next year would be a better outcome sharewise…. After a stellar Q4.
I can’t take any post seriously that quotes Cramer as a source.

It’s possible it’s true, he’s not wrong every time.

The next fun campaign brought to you by time.com Elon Musk Is Convinced He's the Future. We Need to Look Beyond Him apparently evil mining companies are just waiting to wreck havoc on the planet by making all those EVs while Elon is presented as the reason why the high speed rail does not exist in California. So when is peak FUD coming, just before stock split ?

The author of that article, Paris Marx, is in the “tech can’t save us” camp. That stance can be refuted in five words:

Tech is already saving us.

If we stopped using fossil fuels today, we die. It would be fun until the power went out, the taps stopped, the supermarket emptied, the tractors stopped harvesting.

The problem is that our tech is inappropriate. The Keeling Curve tells us that.

So logically we have to switch to appropriate tech ASAP, tech that keeps the wheels turning without pumping the Keeling Curve.

You would think projections/estimations are in whole numbers, not 12032...
That's the problem with Troy's projections. They are almost always overly precise considering the amount of unknowns involved.

The first time I gave him a dislike it was in a order discussion thread where someone asked for a projection of when they would get their Model 3 delivered in 2018 when it was all guesswork for even Tesla employees. His projection wasn't just the month and year, it was a specific date with a percent chance of happening down to 2 decimal places. I don't remember the exact date or percentage but it was in a format like "your car has a 76.29% chance of being delivered on September 18th". I thought that was misleading to specify down to 2 decimal places on a guess and I down voted that post. The fall out from that wasn't pretty.

Oh and for the person that asked his answer was wrong as Tesla changed the lineup and guidance betweent the time of the answer and the time he guessed. Kind of the reason I though it was wrong to give an answer in that form in the first place.

When you put most or all your money in a company engaging in a high risk endeavor dominated by a person who is both a genius and a quirky person( to say the least), this is exactly what you get. Krugerrand is right. Oh I’m talking of Apple. This is far from the first time I’ve seen this situation. Henry Ford also comes to mind.
Tesla was the high risk endeavor before achieving volume production and profitability. Now Tesla is anything but risky. Musk has introduced risk levels from barely any before to a much higher status today. Even he agrees he needs to tone it down and focus more on execution as attention on him are becoming "super nova".

Unless Semi will be produced at the new facility near Giga Nevada. That's where the prototypes and alpha builds were assembled:

BTW, nothing wrong with using 2170s for Semi, especially if Panasonic has the volume capacity and can deliver on the cost. Moar 4680s for moar Cybertrucks!

Cheers!
The are about to start using a BYD pack for Model Ys in Berlin, and a CATL pack in 3/Y in Shanghai,

Using any 4680s they can currently make in model Ys is probably a better usage.

Freeing up 2170s from Model 3/Y usage means they can make Semis with those 2170s.

In fact I think in the long run 2170s will be mostly be used, in the Semi and Energy storage.

My only question is if Model 3 will eventually move to a 4680 structural pack. Maybe Model 3 will mostly use packs supplied by CATL and BYD.

Not sure if Omar is pulling a fast one on the vehicle logs, but this test is losing credibility fast.

View attachment 839435
That seems unlikely, as two people have signed affidavits that the accelerator was not being pushed during the test. Of course, what are the penalties for lying in an affidavit? Which the driver 100% did, by saying he followed instructions for the full test, but never had his hands on the wheel. (So maybe both lying about the accelerator use isn't so far fetched.)

Please stop pretending the Technokimg is like any other CEO.

Elon does what he wants. Why are we even discussing this?
When a CEO suddenly sells a huge number of shares a rational investor will question it. If you want to stubbornly pretend it's a meaningless event you can scroll past all discussion of it.

Tesla back logs. Not sure how Troy got these numbers but here they are.

View attachment 839337
Zero logic in this exercise. I don't jump on the bash Troy bandwagon because the more estimates the better, but this is completely illogical.

He's assuming orders are being taken and timelines given based purely on capacity. There's nearly zero chance that's the case.

Far more likely that run rate is constantly in flux and Tesla gives an estimate accordingly. They could take a new Model Y order today that's scheduled very conservatively, then tomorrow flip the switch and pull all new orders in by months as the ramp progresses.

I'd say this is worse than inaccurate, more toward irresponsible.