Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lessee, Thomas Edison, Igor Sikorsky, JP Morgan, Alfred Nobel…perfectly balanced non-controversial, every one. Elon is just a better talent scout than we’re some of these. Whoever thinks Elon ought to be quiet and inoffensive might prefer buying some GM or perhaps Boeing.
I strongly agree that Elon’s superpower is recruitment of talent that can be molded into excellence. This serves him and investors so well.

The kryptonite part is effusive flattery by soulless “influencers” with conflicting motives. A great agent that looked out for him would help. He needs a Pepper Potts type guy to do a little vetting maybe.

It is fine to play in the street a bit but also good to have an assigned car lookout person IMO.

I expect TSLA to go up massively in the next 2 months. Why not buy more LEAPS I ask myself? I already have 50% value in LEAPS - it would be crazy to buy more. Well I won't sit idly by if I am wrong. If the SP is <$400 (post split) the day before Q3 ER (probably 18th Oct & following at least some of the early TWTR case FUD), I will sell shares to buy more LEAPS.

Who is with me?
Every long timers here experienced price stagnation that defied good news, including yourself.
Suggest watching this video of Elon talking 8 minutes about the upcoming 12-18 months recession.

All in on the Tesla stock (except a few years of reserve) is as much risk as I am willing to take right now, given the geopolitical, food and climate risks.

The tweet where Elon states he is done selling and another tweet where he states he would purchase TSLA shares If deal does not go through are not easily visible to me. I had to dig for 5 minutes to find those tweets. It only took 5 min because we were alerted the tweets existed otherwise I would never have seen them.

These tweets could have market moving implications and therefore Twitter should not be de-emphasizing them.
Same for me!
I scrolled through all his replies and still these tweets did not show. I had to use a link from someone to go directly to those tweets. Never seen this behaviour of the Twitter app before.

LendingTree is one of the financial loan platforms in the US, with 7.5 million web site visitors per month. They recently published an interesting study on the make and models of cars people are shopping the loans for during the past 2 years.

Tesla Models 3 and Y came out on top as #1 and #2 most popular luxury vehicle inquiries. BMW 3, 5 and 5X took the next 3 spots.
Luxury vehicle segment makes up 1 in 5 of the overall vehicle loan inquiries.

Last edited:
Is anybody thinking of investing in TSLL at all? Most of my money is in UK ISA & SIPP so I've no options available except directly buying/selling stocks, but this is available.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on it.
Buy real stocks and hold. Add some leaps for higher risk appetite.

Worst idea IMO is selling stocks for some obscure financial construct, even selling for leaps is giving shorts an out near term by making more real shares available when we rather would see a squeeze punishing them good.

Is anybody thinking of investing in TSLL at all? Most of my money is in UK ISA & SIPP so I've no options available except directly buying/selling stocks, but this is available.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on it.

Not nearly as attractive as actual TSLA shares to me, but I did grab about 100 shares of tsll this morning for funsies. Been trading in and out of tqqq a little bit, so I'm not really scared of all of the leveraged ETFs. They are definitely much easier for me to sell than actual shares of companies I have conviction in.

• Informative
Reactions: Favguy
I

I saw market share data which showed Asia Pacific with the largest share of Semi sales (35% of global total).
I welcome thoughts from anyone with regard to:
- would Tesla build Semi's in Shanghai for the China market?
- If so, when would they start production?
- Is there a Chinese EV Semi competitor?

I had not seen this article posted. It reads like it was a group interview. I’ve skimmed it and find the discussion intriguing, especially for those who believe Musk is not honest and that Tesla is a complete fraud of a company.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/elon-musk-tesla-short-sellers.html

Might be paywalled and visit limited. Please enjoy.
Worth a read for a laugh. It's amazing to see how delusional and warped the perspectives of Spiegel and GJ in particular really are, just amazing.

Did anyone else see in premarket right now (like between 9:15-9:17am EST) that TSLA sp was jumping around insanely fast and crazy? I was on yahoo and saw it jump all around as low as $854 and as high as $889. I'm wondering if this was just a glitch, or if there was actually extremely volatile trading happening.
Nothing of the sort happened
1660224484124.png

Reactions: UncaNed
I

I saw market share data which showed Asia Pacific with the largest share of Semi sales (35% of global total).
I welcome thoughts from anyone with regard to:
- would Tesla build Semi's in Shanghai for the China market?
- If so, when would they start production?
- Is there a Chinese EV Semi competitor?

Considering that the depreciation of a truck's purchase price is a much smaller cost for a trucking company than driver salary, is not the potentially larger revenue stream for TSLA within trucking FSD?