Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, apparently our friends did have a plan for the split this time around. Big FUD push, drive it down ahead of time and blunt the upside with negativity to keep FOMO and momentum traders out.
I really liked seeing Andrew's perspective in that conversation. He's the only one that it even "clicked" a little bit.
A couple don't sound insane, just people betting against a company they didn't get. The others like Gojo and Toilet boy though, woo.

I had not seen this article posted. It reads like it was a group interview. I’ve skimmed it and find the discussion intriguing, especially for those who believe Musk is not honest and that Tesla is a complete fraud of a company.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/elon-musk-tesla-short-sellers.html

Might be paywalled and visit limited. Please enjoy.

This is an amazing read. Most of these short investors seem to invest more on emotion than fundamentals. They outright ignore financial data to instead focus on Elon himself with a biased bitter eye. I mean there is outright vitriol in there, what place does that have in stock investing? 🤔

Must be MM manipulation kabuki theater naked short selling because twitter/Musk overhang doesn't exist.

World class execution, red on one of the greenest macro days.

I must have imagined Tesla going red on the day Musk announced twitter buy out and Tesla being green on the day he backed out..but twitter overhang doesn't exist..

Well, according to the numbers posted by Gary and @The Accountant looks like Elon is still short about $2Billion to close the twitter deal at the price he signed the offer for.
So, maybe Elon is selling some more TSLA shares to cover that $2B ?!
You can't say there was no precedent, including his (selling is done, no more) statements on Twitter...

This is an amazing read. Most of these short investors seem to invest more on emotion than fundamentals. They outright ignore financial data to instead focus on Elon himself with a biased bitter eye. I mean there is outright vitriol in there, what place does that have in stock investing? 🤔
Their emotions baited them to short harder and covered later than they wanted. Fundamentally Tesla was a good short as it was heading to bankruptcy multiple times. The stock didn't jump 20x because the chance of success was high you know.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Well, according to the numbers posted by Gary and @The Accountant looks like Elon is still short about $2Billion to close the twitter deal at the price he signed the offer for.
You can't say there was no precedent, including his (selling is done, no more) statements on Twitter...
I’m not a fan of Elon by any means for his actions, but there’s a difference between him saying “No more sales” back in April and him saying “No more sales” on Tuesday. So please stop with the fear mongering 🤷

So, do we have any projections of how many orders for Semi this year? The page is open, $5000 now and $15k due in 0 days to reserve: Tesla Semi
Orders isn’t going to be the question for some time to come. There are certain to be more orders than Tesla can fill for at least a few months (maybe years??). By the time they fill those orders, there will be more piling up. I wouldn’t really consider putting $20k down without having a better idea of how long delivery will take.

Deliveries is the big question. How many Semis can Tesla actually get out the door.

I had not seen this article posted. It reads like it was a group interview. I’ve skimmed it and find the discussion intriguing, especially for those who believe Musk is not honest and that Tesla is a complete fraud of a company.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/elon-musk-tesla-short-sellers.html

Might be paywalled and visit limited. Please enjoy.
God, I’ve got to rinse my eyeballs.

What a bunch of sorry excuses for human beings. Instead of moving on with life, they are going to spew bile and hatred toward the man they blame for their own mistakes. Petty, small men.

So, do we have any projections of how many orders for Semi this year? The page is open, $5000 now and $15k due in 0 days to reserve: Tesla Semi
If I wasn't currently extremely strapped for cash I'd probably reserve one myself. 150k - 40k EV credit = 110k for a semi that will probably have 600+ miles of range without any load and can tow whatever I want? That's less than a plaid.

English is not my mother tongue, but even I can see the essential difference between 'no further sales planned after today' and 'selling is done, no more'. With the emphasis on 'planned'.

If I wasn't currently extremely strapped for cash I'd probably reserve one myself. 150k - 40k EV credit = 110k for a semi that will probably have 600+ miles of range without any load and can tow whatever I want? That's less than a plaid.

I would reserve at least one Tesla Semi but I want every single one to be put into daily service, not sit on my street 95% of the time so I can marvel and gawk at it! Also, I suspect Megachargers will be installed as needed for regular commercial routes, not where my fancy would prefer. It will be a number of years before Megachargers are ubiquitous.

Orders isn’t going to be the question for some time to come. There are certain to be more orders than Tesla can fill for at least a few months (maybe years??). By the time they fill those orders, there will be more piling up. I wouldn’t really consider putting $20k down without having a better idea of how long delivery will take.

Deliveries is the big question. How many Semis can Tesla actually get out the door.
A family member reserved a 500 mile range semi last week and reported to me that the reservation number is less than 16,000. Keeping in mind that a $20,000 deposit is going to keep away all but the most serious of buyers, I wouldn't expect many to drop off the list once deliveries become available.

The reservation numbers were formatted differently than that of the cars. The format is: EO000015xxx.

Looks like 276,000 Class 8 semi tractors were sold in 2019 (pre pandemic) so if Tesla wants 10% of that market they should scale to about 30,000 unit/year of capacity. Will be interesting to see what the ramp looks like.

By this time you should know to take the range estimates of Tesla with a bit of skepticism. 500 mile range will translate to 300 mile with full load on good conditions.
Not so, 500 miles is full load.
Yes, winter and headwinds will reduce it. However, their <2kWh/mile figure aligns with 40 tons and expected crossection at speed.

Can't wait for someone to put slicks and some hot-rod flames on one and give it a spin at the drag strip... ^^