Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MODERATOR NOTE:

As I’m feeling quite beneficent this morning, then once again a warning.

Below is a copy - effectively verbatim other than some excision to protect the guilty- about writing on this site. I’m quite sure it needs no further explanation.

When anyone spews garbage-mouth, juvenile posts on this site, such wording is deleted as soon as noticed. If that changes the writer’s intent, then GOOD: perhaps the lesson will stick

Repeat violators are not welcome here, but most certainly pottymouth drivel can find some internet sewage site to hang out in.

Elon is focusing on the mission by acquiring Twitter, you are just slow to see how valuable it is to the mission. And that's coming from someone who despises Twitter and doesn't even have a Twitter account. You say you want the focus to be on the mission, but, before you can say how to most effectively focus on the mission, it is necessary to understand the biggest challenges standing in the way of completing the mission. The mission is not so much a technical challenge, but a social and political one. Think about that...

Personally, I hope all the people blind enough to think Twitter is a worthless distraction would use that as a reason to sell all their TSLA. They will have quite a shock when they finally learn that Elon sactually did understand the mission, it's challenges, and how to most quickly solve it. And was willing to put his most valuable resource, his time, towards solving it, and all of his own personal assets. We don't need people who want to direct the mission when they have demonstrated they don't even understand the challenges facing the mission by being so narrowly focused on making money in the short-term, at the expense of all else. Elon has the big picture and it's baffling to me why some people don't understand that.
There you go again. A forceful “Musk is right and to think otherwise is blind”, with absolutely zero logic to back it up. As irresponsible as another to write “Musk and anyone else so blind as not to understand why Twitter is irredeemably worthless has no right to jeopardize either Tesla or others’ investments”….without producing the reasons. Except you demean yourself to the level of Kass, Spiegel & co. by writing “I hope ‘they’ sell all their shares.…(and get shocked, etc.)”.

Crazy thing about fuel savings is how much it varies based on location. Here in Oregon, metered power costs $0.08/ kWh. 500 miles south in Sacramento, it's 2-3 times as much (4x during peak hours!). Even in California the savings is likely big, but in states where power is cheap the savings are likely massive. Doubly so when fuel prices spike up.
In LA area, my peak price is $0.52/kWh. I'm on the "cheaper plan", the other choice is $0.65/kWh. Link. Better adjust your post to 8x during peak...

You can't make this stuff up, and I can't move out of this state fast enough!

I want „the man“ to enjoy his life, and I want him to be allowed to be human. And moreover, I want him to care about what you or I want from him.
Since the mod removed a certain word from my post, basically turning the meaning to the opposite, let me say a „don‘t“ is missing in the 2nd sentence.

I loved this...

You both shorted just now? What convinced you?
Doug Kass: You know why. I’m having a good year. I want to get it up.

Funny as the Mod's edit of this is 😂, you could have just put "I want to get it _____ up" and leave it somewhat open for either interpretation. :cool:

Apologies for not being more thorough in my attempt to remove the bad word.

Reactions: CarlS
Why don't WE sue this guy! We're a class.
I have been thinking this is exactly the way to go. A lead shareholder likely would have to submit to full Discovery - I guess I’d be okay with having to reveal I darn my socks - but it appears effectively axiomatic that O’Dowd is purposely, actively and with malicious intent harming my welfare and those of other shareholders.
In that way, Tesla not being a co-defendant, it appears to my non-lawyerly eyes it is not subject to Discovery.

Funny as the Mod's edit of this is 😂, you could have just put "I want to get it _____ up" and leave it somewhat open for either interpretation. :cool:

Apologies for not being more thorough in my attempt to remove the bad word.
Yes. And THAT’s the way you can make language work for you without resorting to 5th grade garbage. In fairness, I should have put in ellipsis, but….

This thread is replete with posts slamming those who drive pickup trucks as being irresponsible(empty, commutes, daily drivers and so forth).

I hope the appropriate Venn Diagram shows no connection between those, and those who are clamoring for a Tesla Semi.

More: have any would-be Semi owners looked into what the qualifications are for obtaining…and keeping…a CDL? Based on the known (self-revealed) driving habits of many of you, you’d shortly be owning a very expensive driveway ornament.
Now, it IS possible to get a motor home exemption from CDLs (most unfortunately and dangerously), but those are very very tricky to obtain.

Topical only because further demand for Semis is good for Tesla’s bottom line; more than that and this discussion belongs in the Semi thread.

I was wondering that as well. As stock holders harmed by his fabricated stories, it seems as if we would have standing. But I am not a lawyer.
To win a cash settlement, would we have to prove purposeful deception? I think we would only be able to prove they were too incompetent to properly engage FSD. There must be a lawyer or two on this forum, anyone?

As a stock holder (not necessarily a "consumer") it seems as if it would be a lot easier to show harm. Question is does someone have to sell and lock in a loss to show harm? I assume not, given the suits over Elon's "financing" tweet.
I'm not a lawyer, not advice, but am interested because I do wonder how all this nonsense gets pushed back. And without involving Tesla data (which is likely their intended target much like Elon is doing with Twitter I believe).

What if someone were to rent Tesla's with the optional FSD feature at checkout, and revenue drops as demonstrated by a decline in user upgrades for FSD? Or even show correlation between this crap and rentals. Wondering if/what does Hertz hears or sees?

I'd imagine there's a string of tweets out there in fear over something created out of thin air, for malicious purposes, especially if not retracted immediately after his smear was exposed on Electrek.co on "Aug. 10th 2022 8:56 am PT", (my Birthday) impacting a lot of people in that class perhaps, with potential to do continued harm into the future if left unchecked. But I'm going way outside my field.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab and wipster
There you go again. A forceful “Musk is right and to think otherwise is blind”, with absolutely zero logic to back it up. As irresponsible as another to write “Musk and anyone else so blind as not to understand why Twitter is irredeemably worthless has no right to jeopardize either Tesla or others’ investments”….without producing the reasons. Except you demean yourself to the level of Kass, Spiegel & co. by writing “I hope ‘they’ sell all their shares.…(and get shocked, etc.)”.

No, I included my logic, somehow you missed it in your haste to make another baseless attack on me.

The transition to renewable energy is not so much a technical challenge (Tesla has largely solved that), it is a social challenge. Do I need to connect the dots any further or does the "social" in "social media" provide enough clues? Twitter is the most widely used and followed social media platform in the history of the world and it has a direct bearing on how people think about things like EV's, who gets elected, etc. And it has been taken over by bots run by conservative political operatives. It's become a threat to all we hold dear, including democracy. I would also say it's critical that Elon protects his voice there.

The quality of the content on this forum has steadily declined and I can draw a direct link to the unwise actions of the one moderator who believes he "owns" this thread and has run off some of our best contributors, people who knew how to think for themselves. If anyone owns the thread it is all of us, those who take time out of their busy day to contribute their unique insight and knowledge.

Can anyone explain why macros have been overall so muted to the CPI/PPI reports put out the last two days? Yes, they advanced yesterday, but seem to be retreating today despite more good news.
Wall St is often times "positioned" in either a bullish or bearish way. If some data comes out that significantly contradicts how they're positioned, it can sometimes take a few days, if not a week or two, for Wall St to get out of it's trades/positions.

There's no doubt in my mind Wall St was mostly positioned for a retreat, possibly to retest lows from June, after the jobs data a week ago. Remember, Wall St wants volatility, that's how they make most of their money. The inflation data though, especially the PPI, is pretty bullish. Wall St are not idiots, they can see commodity and services prices dropping rapidly all over the place. But I think they were hoping the CPI/PPI would still come in hot so they could play the "fear the Fed" narrative for another month and get another full month of chop. They know the Aug CPI/PPI numbers are going to take the wind out of the Fed's and end the Fed rake hike fears.

Wall St also wanted to continue the narrative of recession fears.

But the reality now is we have a booming jobs report with wage growth and CPI/PPI in a clear downtrend now. Stagflation was the boogeyman Wall St wanted but never materialized.

Last edited: