Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, collapse in SP will surpass that of corona craze, under 300
All the aerodynamic cars I've had over the past fifty years have had more paint chips than square style cars. There's something about the aerodynamics that invite chips. This isn't a "Tesla only" thing.
It is not about "inviting chips", it is more about "preventing" them.
More air drag means more energy goes into surrounding air, producing more and/or stronger turbulence near the paint.
Laminar airflow thus allows more dirt to hit the paint.

Well, color me impressed.

My E*Trade account correctly shows a SP of $297.10 and has tripled my number of shares!

😳

Hah, for me, three hours before the open, both my TDA and Vanguard accounts have the correct new share price BUT my number of shares have not increased, so ALL of my accounts this morning are 1/3 the value they should be.

I'm ruined! RUINED!!!!! :p

The comments have great examples of how most retail investors thought about TSLA in 2012. Funny looking back.

Wow, that is a super interesting read. All of those naysayers were 100% wrong while Farzy was in reality even a bit conservative!!! So many people were reasoning by analogy, easy but incorrect way to do analysis.

Really makes you wonder about how the NEXT 10 years of Tesla will go. 🤔

Is it theoretically possible that some have still a buy order f.e. for 850 in their account, because they didn't notice the split?
Asking for a friend.

I had a high priced sell order in and got notified that it was deleted because of the split and that I would have to create a new one.

These projections seem doable, but they probably aren't. Of course Elon could veer into other huge lines of business, but I don't think auto/transport and energy gets us very far beyond $10T.

At some point around 2028-2030 you're gonna start running into deflation from renewables taking over, then we gotta think the energy services start becoming comoditized.

Margins will tighten and we'll start moving into Star Trek mode where earnings may even become less of a priority. After all, "earnings growth" is only paramount now because we're locked into fossil-based scarcity and our financing of that system requires growth.

Solar don't need no growth!

I see us topping out at a hair over $3500 post post split. Maybe 2031.
Energy will always be a scarce resource because the more we generate, the more we use. Therefore, energy services will never be commoditized.

Reactions: Snerruc
I’m not quite sure what to think about this comment. I still see people getting Teslas delivered with major flaws. Is Fremont just cranking out junk while Berlin and Shanghai have much better quality?

Are the Model Ys coming out of Austin going to be “Luxury” vehicles? I love my Model Y, but they would need a pretty significant update to their suspension to justify that claim.

EDIT: I don't think Fremont production is "Junk" so much as a bit inconsistent. Also... not super picky about paint, but paint quality on mine is pretty meh with small but obvious chips after just a year.
Just one data point, but I took delivery of a Model 3 on Saturday. I went over it will a fine-toothed comb and deemed it flawless.

Hah, for me, three hours before the open, both my TDA and Vanguard accounts have the correct new share price BUT my number of shares have not increased, so ALL of my accounts this morning are 1/3 the value they should be.

I'm ruined! RUINED!!!!! :p
Sorry for your loss, but mine are now showing triple yesterdays value, I'm now wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice!! 🤣

It's all a conspiracy! Seriously though, I'm sure Wall St. is watching this forum about as intently as they're watching Schrodinger's cat.
SA scraped a few comments I made to Karen Rei a few years back that I made, then I deleted 20 minutes later as an experiment to see if it was happening, and then they commented on SA about my comment here, so, YES, there are lurkers here with nefarius intent, most likely automated

I’m not quite sure what to think about this comment. I still see people getting Teslas delivered with major flaws. Is Fremont just cranking out junk while Berlin and Shanghai have much better quality?

Are the Model Ys coming out of Austin going to be “Luxury” vehicles? I love my Model Y, but they would need a pretty significant update to their suspension to justify that claim.

EDIT: I don't think Fremont production is "Junk" so much as a bit inconsistent. Also... not super picky about paint, but paint quality on mine is pretty meh with small but obvious chips after just a year.
Both my S's had multiple stupid faults, bad panel alignment, multiple incorrectly fitted seals, some trim parts mis-assembled. Nothing serious and a couple of days re-working from someone who knows his way around car bodywork (myself!) had 98% of the issues put right, but there's no excuse for Fremont to be putting out cars like this. There is clearly a work culture issue at Fremont with some production staff that needs training and/or QC input.

My paint has been very good on both cars though.