Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They didn't have the common shares available for a 2:1 before the vote, and they don't now.
3x the shares (2M to 6M), 3:1 split, same fraction available.

From proxy:
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/...4064/tsla-def14a_20220804.htm#PROPOSAL_FOUR_4

Here's what I was thinking, based upon:

"The vote increases Tesla's authorized common shares from 2 billion to 6 billion. Tesla reports that it had just over 1 billion common shares outstanding as of June 6, 2022.2"

We voted to authorize 6B shares total. 1.044B (?) were outstanding pre split. Triple this and it is 3.132B outstanding post split.

Wouldn't this leave roughly enough (2.868B) to nearly double (1.9:1) again?

Last edited:
Here's what I was thinking, based upon:

"The vote increases Tesla's authorized common shares from 2 billion to 6 billion. Tesla reports that it had just over 1 billion common shares outstanding as of June 6, 2022.2"

We voted to authorize 6B shares total. 1.044B (?) were outstanding pre split. Triple this and it is 3.132B outstanding post split.

Wouldn't this leave roughly enough (2.868B) to nearly double (1.9:1) again?
Yeah, "nearly", but not sufficiently.

• Helpful
Reactions: JusRelax
Well then, wouldn't that mean your homework offers nothing?
You got and share some special insight but have no evidence?
It comes across as come join the church, then you will understand.
It offers explanations, but just isn't fact.
I don’t need to provide evidence. I offer the information out of the goodness of my heart. Take it or leave it.

Or you can get off your duff and find out for yourself. Call up your broker and tell them you want a line of credit against $15M of your TSLA shares and want $5M wire transferred to your bank account by end of day. That’ll trigger someone higher up the food chain. Then if you really want to get their attention, tell them you might want them to manage your portfolio for you. They’ll schedule a meeting with you at your earliest convenience. Just listen to their dog and pony show, they’re happy to brag about how big and powerful they are and who’s part of their A-list etc… You’ll have all the evidence you need.

Sign the Petition [to make Tesla plug standard instead of promoting CCS] update mentions that only 25% of electric cars on the road in the US would be using CCS. I don't see a link to that data, anybody can deny/confirm ? I would really love to push this agenda forward, this argument would support adding incentives to adopt teslas plug instead of CCS for other car makers. This would also add to the momentum of teslas mission.

Elon hasn't talked something up this much in a while. (aside from FSD and Optimus)

If I were betting, I would bet that SpaceX / T-mobile announce that Starlink will provide cell-tower backhaul for very remote locations, allowing T-mobile to expand their footprint much further.

I don't expect a sat phone, someone would have found that in FCC testing filings, and frankly the antenna requirements to make a good sat phone mean that you aren't getting a slim and pretty phone.

NOTE - before anyone jumps on the "there isn't enough bandwidth to backhaul cell towers" - I'm speaking ONLY of remote locations, not towers that have access to good fiber (which will always be superior to LEO satellites).

If I were betting, I would bet that SpaceX / T-mobile announce that Starlink will provide cell-tower backhaul for very remote locations, allowing T-mobile to expand their footprint much further.

I don't expect a sat phone, someone would have found that in FCC testing filings, and frankly the antenna requirements to make a good sat phone mean that you aren't getting a slim and pretty phone.

NOTE - before anyone jumps on the "there isn't enough bandwidth to backhaul cell towers" - I'm speaking ONLY of remote locations, not towers that have access to good fiber (which will always be superior to LEO satellites).
Expanding on this, T-Mobile pushes its HINT (Home Internet) devices hard. However, it's essentially a direct competitor to the Starlink system. Maybe something with the HINT devices utilizing the TMO 5G network with a Starlink fallback.

Considering how crappy T-Mobile's network is outside of city limits, this could be a huge upgrade for them and a huge contract for SpaceX.

Considering how crappy T-Mobile's network is outside of city limits, this could be a huge upgrade for them and a huge contract for SpaceX.

Exactly. AND more important than that - it provides a base case for SpaceX to show to international players that might be interested in cellular backhaul to remote locations. Remember, those Starlink satellites are not stationary, if they are flying over a location, but not transmitting data to the ground there, that's a lost opportunity for service and revenue.

Alexandra lays down the smack.

The letter:
31AF43B9-1CB0-49C2-AAC6-F65EABAD9919.jpeg

Maybe this will help.

I’ve always been partial to Moody Blues to get in the mood… but maybe the older folks prefer Barry White?
Maybe this will help.

I’ve always been partial to Moody Blues to get in the mood… but maybe the older folks prefer Barry White?
OT
Agreed, but "Ride My See-saw" fits my current mood
Sorry...