Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I think the Fed continues as planned:

50bps in Sep
25bps to 50bps in Nov
25bps in Dec
then stop

The main priority for the Fed was to appear Hawkish today while not changing their plan. . . .and they did the job.
I'm in the same boat in terms of my expectations, 50 in Sept, followed by 25 and 25 to end the year. By then, the inflation picture and the housing market having rolled in a big way will force the Fed's hand to stop.

I'm in the same boat in terms of my expectations, 50 in Sept, followed by 25 and 25 to end the year. By then, the inflation picture and the housing market having rolled in a big way will force the Fed's hand to stop.

And what a nice setup that would be; inflation tamed . . .Fed hikes ended . . . TSLA with huge Q4 . . . .Semi launched and only 6 months from the Cybertruck launch. To the moon!!!

I feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy teeing the football . . . but this time I'm kicking the hell out of it.

1661539868719.png

It's a weekly options expiration day. A cursory survey of today's TSLA options data suggests that large option writers (hedge funds & market makers) with the ability to manipulate the share price may want to insure that TSLA closes today under $300 with an ideal target of $290. However, the relatively light trading volume might scare them away.

It's a weekly options expiration day. A cursory survey of today's TSLA options data suggests that large option writers (hedge funds & market makers) with the ability to manipulate the share price may want to insure that TSLA closes today under $300 with an ideal target of $290. However, the relatively light trading volume might scare them away.

So they might be scared away, but the stock closes at $290 anyway? :confused:

Only a gringo would think they could drive across the Darien Gap. Definitely no Lusophone would think that ;)

My crazy Vietnam / Cleveland PD father did trek across it. Of course he also jumped out of a hotel window to chase after a "girlfriend" who ran way with the TV remote.

I'll wait for Boring Company to complete a tunnel first.
A very long wait. Good sources tell me, unfortunately for you, it impossible to jump out of a tunnel window.

Oh that's only one of the most expensive recalls ever known to humankind. And it's still unfixed as their EV's keep catching fire post recall. :D

The Chevy Bolt recall was $2B. And they’re not done replacing all the batteries yet.

TSLA has had a fire here and there, but no recall of full packs. Whew!

You can brag from time to time. As a longtime Tesla/T-Mobile customer I simply detest waiting for my Tesla to have connectivity when I do my long-planned Pan-American Highway trip. Maybe fantasy for me, but entirely doable with good communications all the way. Smart trippers already plan for every welding shop adapter in remote parts.

This, seemingly a small deal, sets the stage for Tesla global vehicle connectivity on global terms. When considering the rapidly expanding footprint this is Real Money. JUST through cost savings alone this could mean >$100 million per annum additional revenue, solely with fleet Premium Connectivity improvements.
The source calculations I made are now being tested by a telecommunications maven (my nephew- >20 years doing network work with firms controlled by the then, world's wealthiest man.)

We have long speculated on the potential harmony between Starlink and Tesla. Adding commercial telecoms to the mix suddenly becomes transformational.

This adds measurably to TSLA value.

(my opinions, without supporting evidence nor proofs. Thus, don't believe me unless you do your own evaluation. When you do, you'll add to your assessment ofTSLA value.)
Let us know if you’d consider having us join you for at least a portion.

Reactions: Andy O
The Chevy Bolt recall was $2B. And they’re not done replacing all the batteries yet.

TSLA has had a fire here and there, but no recall of full packs. Whew!
No it's not. The total spent was 2B and that mostly on LG. My link and video addresses the LG issues. The Americans blamed it on the batteries. :rolleyes:

Ant One:
Tesla is positively going to make a phone. think for a second. SpaceX is now in bed with the biggest US Carrier...and they don't make their a phone.
You know Elongineers are lubing the Slide rules...yeah I know I know that was in the past. Now they all have TI-99/4A's.
Tesla doesn't make things that have already been solved, and by solved I mean in scale. Tesla only specialize in products that solve problems but are hard to scale.